[SMF Converter] Fireboard 1.0.x

Started by SleePy, March 17, 2008, 12:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

For the avatars, it appears the file doesn't exist or isn't read/writable by php.

As for the username, are you sure you are entering the right details for the login name?
I believe fireboard supported display and usernames so make sure you are using the right one.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

morcc

I can't get past this error . . someone else had the same error but no fix posted

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in C:\wamp\www\morcc\smf1\convert.php on line 2656

SleePy

There is an error in the converters on the downloads page, we are working on getting them updated here soon.
For now this file has been uploaded as an attachment in this topic: Updated Converters List & Support Topics
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

sankuri

Hi, I have a problem.
I use Joomla 1.5.6. and Fireboard 1.0.4.
I have smf and joomla tables in same database.
If I use convert.php in browser I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /usr/www/clevernet/ds-2669/eseznam.cz/www/cs/smf/convert.php on line 2656

I am really noob in mysql and php. Can anyone write a simple "what you must do" manual please?

ThorstenE

Quote from: SleePy on September 11, 2008, 11:21:08 PM
There is an error in the converters on the downloads page, we are working on getting them updated here soon.
For now this file has been uploaded as an attachment in this topic: Updated Converters List & Support Topics

PaVi90

Quote from: PaVi90 on August 18, 2008, 11:31:40 AM
Quote from: TE on August 18, 2008, 06:38:26 AM
Converting to SMF should help...
Thanks for your help, but there is a problem with the converter; it says:

The converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your Fireboard 1.0 to the public html folder of your site.

What can I do?  :'(
Hello,
do you remember me and my problem? :)
I'm trying to convert fireboard to smf to another website, and the same error appears...
I've already tried to mod the sql file deleting some characters as you said me some messages ago, but there is still the same problem... :(

ThorstenE

Quote from: PaVi90 on August 27, 2008, 10:51:27 AM
Very strange... now seems working  :)
Can you PM me a link to both forums  (SMF & Fireboard) and FTP-Access?

PaVi90

Just done. Let me know if you need some other info...

ThorstenE

It's working now ;) the configuration.php was much different from a normal joomla installation and so the fireboard_to_smf.sql was unable to read the joomla databse.

PaVi90

wow thank you very much! Just curious... what have you modified? :)

ThorstenE

in fireboard_to_smf.sql I  changed
---~ settings: "/configuration.php"
---~ from_prefix: "`$mosConfig_db`.$mosConfig_dbprefix"

to:
---~ settings: "/fireboard_migration.php"
---~ from_prefix: "`" . $fireboard_database . "`.$fireboard_prefix"

then created a new file named fireboard_migration.php and placed it to your joomla directory:

<?php

// Change this to the database name you are using.
$fireboard_database 'dbname';

// Change this to the database prefix you are using in the above database.
$fireboard_prefix 'jos_';
?>

PaVi90

Thanks a lot!!  :D :D

You are a wizard  :D

How can I check now if other users can log to new forum? I've applied the LoginFix package...

ThorstenE

Have you tried it with your own account? It should work after installing the LoginFix.

PaVi90

No, I had to reset my password because I cannot install LoginFix before resetting it...

ThorstenE

you can convert the forum again and then test it with your account ..another way is to contact one of your members and let him/her test this..

PaVi90

Yes I've just asked a member to try the login, and everthing works fine :)

Now the next step: conversion SMF--> MyBB.

Thank you for all!!!  ;)

balkri

As for the failing avatars I could modify the fireboard_to_smf.sql like this

replace
if (strlen($newfilename) <= 255 && copy($_POST['path_from'] . '/components/com_fireboard/avatars/', $attachmentUploadDir . '/' . $newfilename))
with
if (strlen($newfilename) <= 255 && copy($_POST['path_from'] . '/components/com_fireboard/avatars/' . $row['filename'], $attachmentUploadDir . '/' . $newfilename))

after I copied the avatars to the /components/com_fireboard/avatars/ directory. I got the "The first argument to copy() function cannot be a directory..."-error.

Greets,
Bálint

SleePy

Thanks for the information. :) I fixed it in my sources

rod77

i can use with joomla 1.5.8 and fireboard 1.5 in legacy?

Notice: Undefined variable: mosConfig_db in /home/bettergy/public_html/pro/convert.php(407) : eval()'d code on line 1

Notice: Undefined variable: mosConfig_dbprefix in /home/bettergy/public_html/pro/convert.php(407) : eval()'d code on line 1

ok, fix above but now:
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '78' for key 1

ok fix duplicate key  ;)
only avatar missing  :-[

SleePy

Where they remote avatars or ones that where uploaded?

Advertisement: