News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Many Posts Not Converted

Started by poolhall, August 30, 2008, 10:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poolhall

Just made a conversion phpBB2 -> SMF 1.1.5, and I miss A LOT of posts. phpbb_post/phpbb_post_text tables have nearly 800K records, and the new smf_messages table only has about 100K.

Tables phpbb2_topics and smf_topics have almost the same number of records

While converting, I encountered an error with 'topics' table - duplicate records, which I fixed by ignoring errors in *.sql file.

Does it make sense to run the convert.php again?

ADD: well, I run it, and nothing changed. What can I do?

ThorstenE

which phpbb2_to_smf.sql are you using? (maybe the old version from the download-page)
have you tried the one from this topic:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=142124.0
(attached on the first post)

poolhall

Thanks for the reply!

I have not, will be trying now.

PS. Before the 1st conversion, I had the attachment mod disabled on the phpBB installation; I re-enabled it and ran the conversion again. This time, smf_messages table got 435K records. Now I'm trying your suggestions, thanks again!

poolhall

This time the script aborted as the web-server timed out. Now running the script from command line... ... ...

poolhall

OK, after 13 hrs and counting of converting from command line I got this message:

Quote* Recalculating forum statistics... ...Unsuccessful!  MySQL error message:
Duplicate entry '0-2' for key 2

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/www/sessions/sess_3cac97081f24b806ba5d0485bc13407e, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp/www/sessions) in Unknown on line 0

ranks... groups... members....... additional member groups.... categories... boards...topics....... posts polls... poll options.... poll votes... personal messages (step 1)...personal messages (step 2).... board access... group access... avatar gallery images were converted successful.

What should I do now?

EDIT: Also, attachments haven't been transferred. The phpBB2 attachment mod version that was used on the old forum was really old, could this be a reason?

ThorstenE

you don't have permissions to write to /tmp/www/sessions/

I think the php session save path is incorrect .. maybe you can change it via php.ini or .htaccess

Code (.htaccess) Select

php_value session.save_path "/change/to/writable/path/tmp"

/change/to/writable/path must be changed to a path that is writable for the webserver

after fixing this you can login to SMF, then go to Admin - Maintenance -
1) Find and repair any errors.
2) Recount all forum totals and statistics.

poolhall

TE, thanks a lot!

Actually, I have done that already and it seems the forum works well, though I haven't opened the access to it for the users.

Could you please tell me what can be done with the attachments, which haven't been transferred to SMF?

EDIT: I found the link to phpbb2-attachments_to_smf.sql in here. Can you please confirm if I can use it?

ThorstenE

did you get any error with the attachments while converting? or it's a very simple solution: guests cannot see or download attachments by default..

poolhall

No, I didn't because attachments were not mentioned at all in the converter's output.

I only successfully converted ranks... groups... members....... additional member groups.... categories... boards...topics....... posts polls... poll options.... poll votes... personal messages (step 1)...personal messages (step 2).... board access... group access... avatar gallery images and got stuck on recalculating stats.

ThorstenE

delete the phpbb2_to_smf.sql if no longer needed..

download the  the phpbb2-attachments_to_smf.sql
(you already found it ;) )

then restart conversion with the new file..

poolhall

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Trying now...

ADDED: Thanks again for support! Everything's done, the topic has been solved.

Advertisement: