News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

iPhone/Android/Blackberry app to browse your forum - Tapatalk

Started by Tapatalk, May 04, 2010, 11:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapatalk

Dear SMF Tapatalk Users,

The SMF Customization team has observed the lack of support and communication from Tapatalk. In order to prevent further confusion, we have decided to remove the modification from the SMF Customization site. We encourage the Tapatalk team to contact us to restore the modification if they wish to provide future updates and provide necessary support. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Link to Mod

Tapatalk website

What is Tapatalk?
Tapatalk is an app on iPhone, Android and Blackberry which enables easy and native browsing of a forum with the plugin installed. Over 20,000 forums have installed this MOD.

SMF Supported
It works with both SMF 1.1 and SMF 2.0. It provides full integration with Tapatalk iPhone/BlackBerry/Android app!

OK, What can it do?
Tapatalk enables easy browsing of a forum by giving a easy and structured layout of forums. Not only you can read the forums and topics, but also reply to them and create new ones. Apart from the standard topics/posts, it has support for PM viewing and replying. You can also view your subscribed topics, latest posts of the forum, who's online, others profiles. All that in a seamless integrated user interface with the phone. Also it allows you upload photos straight from the app to SMF forum as an attachment!

How much does it cost?
Currently the Blackberry, iPhone and Android costs $2.99. The plugins for forums are free of charge.

Where can I get it?
iPhone version
Android versions can be obtained at Android market.
BlackBerry APP World download: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/46654?lang=en

I am a forum owner and I am interested, what shall I do?
Enabling Tapatalk is simple and easy! Just follow the steps at : http://tapatalk.com/plugin.php and it will guide you through.

How about some screenshots?
Sure,

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

Images in the thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Ability to search by topics and posts:

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

Forum Moderation support:

luismanson

im using it and my users love it, but there is this bug with private boards... is going to be fixed?

MarChelo

Hello,
Ive installed 0.9.9 sucessfully, but 0.9.10 is giving me error when I try to install it.

It cant pass the test on the:

3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Subs.php     Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
      3.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed

What can I do?

dmacleo

Quote from: MarChelo on May 05, 2010, 04:47:40 AM
Hello,
Ive installed 0.9.9 sucessfully, but 0.9.10 is giving me error when I try to install it.

It cant pass the test on the:

3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Subs.php     Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
      3.    Replace    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed

What can I do?

I had already done a manual install that was working. when trying to do a package installer type of install I got exact same errors.
manual install still works fine for me.

Sudhakar Arjunan

I have a same issue reported by dmacleo using 2.0 RC 2

1.   Extract Tree   ./mobiquo   
   2.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Load.php   Test successful
   3.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
   2.   Replace   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
   3.   Replace   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Arantor

sattninja

hi i have this installed on RC 2 it seems to work fine except when i try to read new posts or go into some boards i get the message

forum error
the forum you are visiting is temporarily closed please try again later

can someone tell me why this is happening

Running Rc4

timned88

i hope someone here can help me...

i installed tapatalk 0.9.10 and it's working well for me with the following issue (i posted this on their forums also)...

when someone makes a post, their post count updates, the total posts in the forum updates, but the posts per day do not update (on the stats page) in forum history.  could someone point me in the direction of the code that is supposed to update that stat, and possibly how to fix it?  i know this is an outside package but there are some very smart people in here.  thanks!

themagicinpixels.com/forum

Sakae

The proposal is awesome, but I can't download the tapatalk app for my Nokia N78 (Symbian).
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Arebias

Well when I try to Parse this Mod or download this is what I get:

The mod you have requested has not been approved yet for downloads.

What gives?

Sudhakar Arjunan

I saw sponsor ad in smf goes here, http://www.tapatalk.com/

But no download found on the mod page.

Will you update it ? and when ?
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Goad

I just set this up on my site...1.1.11...and tested it fully with my Droid.....works great....

what i love is you can attach pictures straight from your phones gallery. that was previously impossible with the androids browser.

great job guys!

JackWise

Hi guys,

where is de mod ? the mod page has no download....

C4G-TK

I downloaded it here, but haven't tested it out yet.

http://www.tapatalk.com/en/user

It only modifies two php source files  LOAD & SUBS

I have one of my sites already showing up in their directory along with a nice looking button.  ;)

-img removed-

rockyrails

One of the feedback items I have gotten from members (many have bought the full version) is that links in posts do not work. Is this a software issue with the iphone as only one app car run at a time or is this something that will be added at a later issue, or did the install not function fully.

thanks

C4G-TK

Quote from: rockyrails on May 19, 2010, 09:09:26 PM
One of the feedback items I have gotten from members (many have bought the full version) is that links in posts do not work. Is this a software issue with the iphone as only one app car run at a time or is this something that will be added at a later issue, or did the install not function fully.

thanks

Your best bet in getting an answer is registering for their forum (separate from the registration for the code) and reading some of the posts or submitting a ticket. 

http://tapatalk.com/en/network   

-img removed-

rockyrails

Thanks - I solved the issue in the process - updated to the newest version - man its a full time job keeping mods current.  Also I did not have all the items in the folder set at 755. It is a very popular addition to the forum and iphone members love it.
cheers

C4G-TK

Yeah, the most recent version is 0.9.11 on their site, but the (missing) package on here is listed as 0.9.10.

-img removed-

ApplianceJunk

I use a blackberry and with the Opera Mini Mobile browser I'm able to view and admin my forum just like I can from my laptop.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/

Tapatalk

Quote from: C4G-TK on May 19, 2010, 09:37:54 PM
Yeah, the most recent version is 0.9.11 on their site, but the (missing) package on here is listed as 0.9.10.

Thanks for bringing it up the MOD is now in sync with the latest version.

It is getting more stable now and hopefully will become 1.0 version real soon.

Advertisement: