News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Warning System

Started by IceXaos, September 22, 2010, 05:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceXaos

Is there a MOD available to remove a certain amount of warn on a monthly basis?  I don't want to remove even 1/day as that's kind'a lettin' them off easy, since we don't warn unless it's necessary.

Thanks.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Have you turned on the default Warning System? Can anything like that be done by default?

Edited: By the way, you want to read this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=337284.0

IceXaos

Quote from: ahrasis on September 22, 2010, 05:24:13 AM
Have you turned on the default Warning System? Can anything like that be done by default?

Edited: By the way, you want to read this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=337284.0
Yeah, I'm usin' the default system.  By the way, that MOD is out of date, for <= RC2.

Some say, it can work with RC3. I can try to update the package but last time I did that for other mod, I have received various complaints. So I stopped helping out in updating mod for others. You better pm the mod author for an update.  By reading, I think it is the closest to what you want and can be further improved too.

Oya

the system should remove some warning per day, it should be configurable from the warning system page under Warning points to decrement from users every 24 hours

Quote from: Oya on September 22, 2010, 07:33:39 AM
the system should remove some warning per day, it should be configurable from the warning system page under Warning points to decrement from users every 24 hours
Ah.. That's good to know. I guess bigger forum will be in need of this useful mod.

Oya

Ooops! Sorry... I never used a warning system before so I basically do not know about it. Care to show where it is in the Admin CP?

IceXaos

I know where that is, but I need it to be like 5/mo. rather than 1/d. since that's way too fast to remove them.

May be you just need to go deeper into its source file and see if it can be customized from there?

IceXaos

Quote from: ahrasis on September 22, 2010, 10:03:20 AM
May be you just need to go deeper into its source file and see if it can be customized from there?
I figured I'd have to change it myself, just thought I'd see if there was a MOD first.

Thanks anyways guys.

And it would be nice if you can share your solutions here or in Tips & Tricks so that someone else who are in need of it may refer to it later on. You can always share it in a form of a mod too  ;D

IceXaos

Quote from: ahrasis on September 22, 2010, 10:07:17 AM
And it would be nice if you can share your solutions here or in Tips & Tricks so that someone else who are in need of it may refer to it later on. You can always share it in a form of a mod too  ;D
I'm not exactly sure how MODs are written, as I've never looked into that too much.  There's probably a quite a few things I could release as I do them if it's not a lot of extra work.

I am also new to mod writing, but I'm willing to share my little experience, if you like. Just provide the default (relevant) lines before you make changes and after you make changes. I'll try to guide you on how to package from there.

IceXaos

Quote from: ahrasis on September 22, 2010, 10:19:18 AM
I am also new to mod writing, but I'm willing to share my little experience, if you like. Just provide the default (relevant) lines before you make changes and after you make changes. I'll try to guide you on how to package from there.
If you got a messenger, you could message me there?  If you wouldn't mind that, I can send it to ya in a PM.

What messenger do you use? I got MSN.

IceXaos

an aim - 3 msn's - a yahoo - that's all that im constantly on :P

Advertisement: