Forum Firewall

Started by butchs, January 15, 2011, 11:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Butch, no need to be rude..,  Arantor was not asking for support, he was giving a (good) suggestion in a way to deal with your issue with themes...   Either use a JavaScript,injection to put your copyright into the footer or (my suggestion) use the credits page, since that is what the credits page is for.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

butchs

Ooooo I am tired of throwing out hints so here we go:  I am not interested in unsolicited advice on how to program.  If and when I get around to it I will do it my way.  Thank you.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Arantor

In which case, may you have so much fun with supporting themes in the meantime.

butchs

How many times do I need to say currently the mod supports only the default theme!  Otherwise the user can do a manual install.  So please stop bothering me.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Arantor

So why are you asking Huan what theme he is using if it's quite clear that the mod won't support it without manual edits which you are apparently not going to do?

I was trying to make your life easier, sorry to actually want to try to mend a bridge for once.

Kindred

Butch, I am sorry, but in this case YOU are being completely unreasonable. Arantor made a very valid suggestion on how you could resolve an issue that many people seem to be having...  Especially since the majority of admins do not use the default theme.

Additionally, I also made a valid suggestion that you should be using the credits page instead of adding your own separate copyright...  I have made the same suggestion to others as well.  It is not currently a requirement for the mod to be here... But I suspect that a time in coming at which point we will expect authors to use the credits page as it was intended and to stop adding thirteen copyright statements at the footer.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

butchs

You are being unreasonable insisting I do something now that I am not prepared to do, nor interested in doing at this time.  Now if you really want me to stop what I am doing and do what you want then please send me money.  PM me for my rate...

Kindred

No one has insisted that you do anything...

There have been two SUGGESTIONS on a better way than you are currently using to deal with the situation.
Слaва
Украинi

huan

my main concern is to get it work on my new forum
the theme is the default theme no other mod installed as it new , so the first mod i plan to install is the forum firewall :p

butchs

It was time I wiped my SMF 2.0.8  test forum anyway.  Though I uninstalled all my mods there appeared to be legacy changes left over from live edits.  Since my background was not from the default theme.

So I download "smf_2-0-9_install.zip".  Replaced index.php, ssi_example.php, ssi_example.shtml, SSI.php and subscriptions.php (NOTsettings.php).  Then I completely erased then re-downloaded the cache, Packages, Smileys, Sources and Themes folders along with their complete contents.  Then I copied the files from the attachments and avatars folders (retaining the files for the members).

I restarted the forum and uploaded "Forum Firewall 2.0.1" in package manager.  There were no issues with the installation.

huan

32.    Execute Modification    ForumFirewall.xml    Modification parse error
   33.    Execute Modification    ForumFirewall.xml    Modification parse error
   34.    Execute Modification    modification_language.xml    Modification parse error
   35.    Execute Modification    modification_language.xml    Modification parse error
   36.    Execute Modification    modification_language_2x.xml    Modification parse error
   37.    Execute Modification    modification_language_2x.xml    Modification parse error

i still getting this error anyone any idea how to fix this ?

huan

Quote from: sinnerman on June 11, 2014, 04:12:04 AM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to install this mod on a dedicated server with SMF 2.0.7. When i browse the mods and find it, it says the package is empty and i should upload the files myself.

When i upload the files myself and try to install i get:
Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

and in particular:
31.   Execute Modification   ForumFirewall.xml   Modification parse error
32.   Execute Modification   ForumFirewall.xml   Modification parse error
33.   Execute Modification   modification_language.xml   Modification parse error
34.   Execute Modification   modification_language.xml   Modification parse error
35.   Execute Modification   modification_language_2x.xml   Modification parse error
36.   Execute Modification   modification_language_2x.xml   Modification parse error

any ideas?

EDIT: just a simple chmod solved the issue. Sorry. :)

bro which chmod option are you refer to ?

bud01100

Quote from: butchs on October 06, 2014, 05:16:44 PM
You can try clicking the advanced tab in the lower right corner of package manager and adjust
Emulate Version.

I tried that 2.08 and down.. No avail?

What next?

butchs

A few posts ago you said you were using the default theme with no other mods installed.  If this is the case you should have no issues.  Your files have been edited?  It maybe is a good idea to replace the SMF specific files as I did a few posts ago.  When you are done check your hosts chmod settings.  I have to manually adjust mine all the time.

butchs

I kinda think Themes are a waste.  I created an entire site mod back in 2008 where all my changes (and bug fixes) are done with a single mod.  It is so much cleaner that some have copied my idea.  Once you get a site mod working it is easily updated to changes in the SMF core...

bud01100

Quote from: bud01100 on October 05, 2014, 02:08:01 AM
Running SMF 2.0.8 with Forum Firewall 2.0

I want to uninstall FF 2.0 to upgrade, but it doesn't give me an uninstall option in the package area; only an Upgrade option  List  and Delete.

When I click upgrade it says to uninstall it first.

Need help.

Thank you

Hi..

There has been a lot of chat here, but I am still looking for some direction on how to uninstall the noted version.

Thanks!

butchs

I really do not know what to tell you.  The mod uninstalls from the default theme by its self with no issues.   I only programmed uninstall and install in the mod for a reason.  The upgrade option does nothing and will only give you a message.   This is more a SMF issue than a mod issue.  My guesses:

1.  You grabbed a beta from another site.
2.  The zip file in the package directory is corrupt or non-existent.
3.  Your version is old and you need to emulate the SMF version.
4.  SMF somehow became corrupt at your site.  Could be a mod you installed and uninstalled out of order, an outside source, accidental keystroke while editing something and etc.  If items 1-3 do not work then I recommend to replace your forum software with a fresh version and check your hosts security (as I mentioned above and whatever SMF recommends).  As long as your keep your settings (and whatever your site needs - see the SMF install instructions for details) intact and your DB is still intact then all your mod settings will remain.  When you re-install mods take note of the order they are installed so you un-install in the exact same order to prevent write over conflicts.   I suggest assigning prefix numbers to your mods zip file prior to installation (i.e. 01_modname.zip, 02_modname1.zip and etc).

I wish I had some miracle fix but alas that is all I have...

adkaraczun

Version 2.0.1 installed successfully, but when I try to configure the settings and click "Save" I get the following error page.

I have tried all the suggestions and nothing seems to work.

QuoteThis webpage is not available

Hide details
The connection to hxxp:mischiefinc.net [nonactive] was interrupted.
Reload this webpage
Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

butchs

Sounds like your hosts firewall  (ie Modsecurity in Apache) is blocking the save because it contains  something it is flagging.  You can have you host adjust or you can manually edit the content by accessing the DB directly.

snayeem101

I do not see protected by forum firewall tags in footer of my forum. I do not change default settings. Which options must be enable for better protecting? Please give me suggestions. thanks

Advertisement: