News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Profile Statuses

Started by oOo--STAR--oOo, January 28, 2011, 07:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oOo--STAR--oOo

Profile Statuses Modification

Profile Statuses is an SMF modification which allows users to post statuses on their profiles and allow/dis-allow comments to be made on these statuses. This is a similar concept to the way IPB uses profile statuses.

**Portal Block also available** by aljo1985 aka star
UPDATE: Removed require ssi.php << Should now work without any modifications to the code.
Corrected Icons location
Download file and copy and paste the contents into a PHP block in your portal
If your using PortaMX remove the <?php from the top as it will not work.

status.txt - download

>> Live Demo <<

3.0 NEW changelog 17th Aug 2011
Edits by aljo1985 aka star

• Fully functional
  • Added Member Member Color Link support
  • Added PM notifications
  • Mod is enabled on install. User now has to disable it in there profile -> forum profile
  • Fixed all Actions
  • Removed full reply box on view all comments
  • Added comment drop down on view all comments
  • comment counting has been corrected
  • Added post icon for statuses that are not locked
  • Fixed sort by on replies
  • unlock has now been enabled
  • no more scroll bars in status replies

2.3 Changelog
  • Fixed two major bugs within first hour of release
  • Uses SMF's editor, with filtered BB codes
  • Removed an unnecessary query
  • Fixed a problem with showing a single status

Created by Project Evolution/Anthony`/Anthony Calandra.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

eyo

it keeps saying my status is too short?

ascaland

The issue has been resolved. :)

eyo

ascaland

Reinstall the modification with the updated package. :)

eyo

ok thanks. didnt see it was update today :)

Neverhurry

Project Evolution,

that is a fantastic mod, but could you please have a look at the picture, is it difficult to show the last Profile Status here on the forum home page under the members name? And to make it more convenient to input new status, just to place one's mouse there and click, that will be great. I got this screen shot from Noisen.com

thanks a lot in advance

Paul

PS: Does this mod support SMF 2.0 RC3, i have too many mods installed and would like to wait a bit to upgrade to RC4.
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

ascaland

Quote from: Neverhurry on January 30, 2011, 06:45:01 AM
Project Evolution,

that is a fantastic mod, but could you please have a look at the picture, is it difficult to show the last Profile Status here on the forum home page under the members name? And to make it more convenient to input new status, just to place one's mouse there and click, that will be great. I got this screen shot from Noisen.com

thanks a lot in advance

Paul

PS: Does this mod support SMF 2.0 RC3, i have too many mods installed and would like to wait a bit to upgrade to RC4.

That sounds like a great idea which I can use for version 1.1 of the mod. I took a look at the site and I understand what you mean. I will implement it into SSI for the next version.

And as far as I know it should work for RC3.

Boricua012

Does this mod work for Ultimate profile? Also, a code to show everyones status on a sidebar would be awesome.

ascaland

Quote from: Boricua012 on January 30, 2011, 09:37:51 PM
Does this mod work for Ultimate profile? Also, a code to show everyones status on a sidebar would be awesome.

I havnt tested it to work with Ultimate Profile but I imagine it wouldnt. And another idea, thanks.

De[v]

No problems on install but it does not work with '2.0 RC5' is there something i can do to this to make it work?

ascaland

I havnt tested it on RC5 yet, but I will tonight and update it if I need to.

ascaland

Quote from: De[v] on February 18, 2011, 12:10:37 AM
No problems on install but it does not work with '2.0 RC5' is there something i can do to this to make it work?

It works on RC5 I just double checked. Did you enable the feature through your profile in Modify Profile -> Forum Profile?

De[v]

alsaka

not work with '2.0 RC5'
i install mod Successfully
Modifications and Packages >> Profile Statuses >> Enable Profile Statuses is active
>>Display statuses per page [5]
>>Set max length of messages [20]

but when i join my profile  , I can't see any place to write case

ascaland

Quote from: alsaka on February 25, 2011, 05:09:24 PM
not work with '2.0 RC5'
i install mod Successfully
Modifications and Packages >> Profile Statuses >> Enable Profile Statuses is active
>>Display statuses per page [5]
>>Set max length of messages [20]

but when i join my profile  , I can't see any place to write case

Did you enable Profile Statuses for your profile? That can be found through: Modify Profile -> Forum Profile.

alsaka

Quote from: Project Evolution on February 25, 2011, 05:46:33 PM

Did you enable Profile Statuses for your profile? That can be found through: Modify Profile -> Forum Profile.

yes thx Project Evolution its solved now
nice mod

alsaka

i need more Characters

[Your message is too long, please try again.]

ascaland

Go into the admin control panel and increase the maximum length of statuses. This restriction is set so people cant bombard their profiles with long statuses and/or replies.

ascaland

I have updated the mod to version 1.1. It fixed some bugs, one of them actually replaced the statistics area in the profile.

Advertisement: