News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Trick] Creating a jQuery Sliding Login Panel

Started by ascaland, August 06, 2011, 03:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

((Kakashi))

Disregard my confusion. I had an older version of this slide java. The file names I had were different from what you referenced in your code and I did figure out where to place code (maybe I should actually read entire sentences for a change  :o).

Thanks again for your contribution  ;)

enik

~Dragon~

Please do not PM or email, Thank respond please post fast to SMF!

Upakul

Quote from: ((Kakashi)) on August 29, 2011, 11:45:15 PM
I gotta tell you, PE, I'm a bit lost...I'm actually using this very jQuery Slider on my site as a login for both my client's CP and as a way for them to log into my SMF community via SSI (Once logged in I'm calling the ssi_welcome and ssi_news functions in that panel). I've incorporated the slider into my WHMCS (billing package) control panel and was just today starting to dig into integrating it into my SMF when I ran across your post.

"Man..." I though, " somebody has already figured this out. That ought to save me some effort!"

The problem is...I'm not following your tutorial.

"...look for any Javascript code in the template_html_above() function, and add this code below" - OK...did that (I'm actually using a customized Curve theme)

"Next is to create the actual slider. Above,"

echo !empty($settings['forum_width']) ? '

??? huh...where does this line go? Above...what? I'm totally lost on this one.

I've completed the remainder of your tutorial (and thanks for the contribution :)), but obviously the "echo !empty($settings['forum_width']) ? '" needs to be in there....somewhere (especially seeing as it's not working  :P. )
anyone help me with this?
I have same problem :(

ascaland

Quote from: Upakul on January 30, 2012, 03:24:14 PM
Quote from: ((Kakashi)) on August 29, 2011, 11:45:15 PM
I gotta tell you, PE, I'm a bit lost...I'm actually using this very jQuery Slider on my site as a login for both my client's CP and as a way for them to log into my SMF community via SSI (Once logged in I'm calling the ssi_welcome and ssi_news functions in that panel). I've incorporated the slider into my WHMCS (billing package) control panel and was just today starting to dig into integrating it into my SMF when I ran across your post.

"Man..." I though, " somebody has already figured this out. That ought to save me some effort!"

The problem is...I'm not following your tutorial.

"...look for any Javascript code in the template_html_above() function, and add this code below" - OK...did that (I'm actually using a customized Curve theme)

"Next is to create the actual slider. Above,"

echo !empty($settings['forum_width']) ? '

??? huh...where does this line go? Above...what? I'm totally lost on this one.

I've completed the remainder of your tutorial (and thanks for the contribution :)), but obviously the "echo !empty($settings['forum_width']) ? '" needs to be in there....somewhere (especially seeing as it's not working  :P. )
anyone help me with this?
I have same problem :(

Are you sure you dont have an older version like he had?

mrw1986

Hello, I have this running on my site www.techfuzion.net [nofollow] and when I hit the "Login" link it pulls down but the Menu bar from my forum still appears through the slider. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

mashby

http://techfuzion.net/Themes/GrayStyle2/css/index.css?fin20
BEFORE:
#topnav {
position: relative;
height: 32px;
z-index: 1000;
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
}

AFTER:
#topnav {
position: relative;
height: 32px;
z-index: 998;
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
}
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

mrw1986

loplo

I can't make it work. I think I misunderstand something.
Here are the steps I made:
1 copied style.css from the package and the attached file into "Themes\default\css\"
2 edit index.template.php and insert the first code after "template_html_above()"
3 insert the second code above "echo !empty($settings['forum_width']) ? '"
4 close and save index.template.php
5 edit index.english.php and insert the third code
6 copied the content of the js folder into scripts

Nothing appears. I was expecting, if I'm doing something wrong to get some errors, but no error and no bar :)
I've tried this on a clean install, locally.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me out.

SMF 2.0.2

Bigguy

I just finished this on www.smfhelper.info and it works great. From what you post that is how I did it and it works fine. Mine is on the default theme.

loplo

I'm trying also on the default, but no joy.

LE
It works only if I'm not logged in. After login the info panel is not showing.

Bigguy

Is that not the way it is supposed to work. If your a guest it shows the login panel and if your logged in then the whole thing does not show. It's only for guests and non-logged in members. If I'm not mistaken.

loplo

OK, thanks.
I thought it could be showed also after login for some customization. The logooff team made some themes and they did a pretty nice job.

ascaland

Quote from: loplo on February 23, 2012, 04:01:16 PM
OK, thanks.
I thought it could be showed also after login for some customization. The logooff team made some themes and they did a pretty nice job.

This was initally designed to display only for guests, however you are obviously free to customize this to your needs.

Inti31

thanks for that tip - because of testing purposes I decided to make my own mod which have also some little changes integrated
- the avatar is linked to the forum profile (screenshot 1)
- own posts is reachable at the top (next of avatar - screenshot 1)
- an impressum-link ist placed at the bottom next to wap-link (screenshot 2)
- a colored sperator line between each posts (screenshot 5)

it needs just the regbar mod, which have to be installed first
and looks like this, when not logged in... (screenshot 3 + 4)

So it is more flexible for me and saves much time instead of always looking to this thread... :)

cheers Inti31

cheers inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

MoinFaraz

I have installed it and it doesn't seems to be working for me...

I am not sure what's causing it not to work... may be an older version of JQuery?

Edit ::: i am using custom theme and was uploading style sheets, images, JavaScript files etc to it... tried placing them in "default" and it worked! looks great and will now alter some portions of text to make it fit my forum...

Cheers :)

Aportadordelmix

When I logout larger are the lyrics  my theme. Why?

ascaland

Quote from: ABM on May 06, 2012, 11:18:42 PM
When I logout larger are the lyrics  my theme. Why?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying.

Aportadordelmix

What I mean is...

The modification I Go perfect ..
The only problem is that when I close session. the letters are big in my theme.

Advertisement: