News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMTP Not Authenticating with GoDaddy Relay [SOLVED]

Started by kibbelznbitz, September 13, 2011, 04:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kibbelznbitz

To start, I am a new user to SMF and I'm quite happy as SMF is such a huge upgrade over PHPbb!!

Now then,

I am trying to set the mail settings in SMF to the following:

SMTP
Server - smtpout.secureserver.net
port - 25
username - [email protected]
Password - Password

Upon trying to use said settings, I get the following error:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Error: 553 Sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list

So i did my research and found tons of possible solutions through google and the SMF forum search but unfortunetly not a single one of them have worked. I have attempted to use the same SMTP with ports 25/80 and Have tried using hxxp:relay-hosting.secureserver.net [nonactive] both with ports 25/80.

Whenever I try to use the hxxp:relay-hosting.secureserver.net [nonactive] I get the following:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Error: 553 sorry, relaying denied from your location (#5.7.1)

Now to test that my GoDaddy email was in fact working, I setup the account in outlook. I did receive the same error messages within outlook NDRs until i checked "My Outgoing SMTP server required authentication" which leads me to believe that the SMF Forums do not support auth...if this is the case, how could I setup the SMF to use GoDaddy's relay servers?

A little background to the current setup:

Domain is registered under GoDaddy
DNS Record points to a DYNDNS account to hit a dynamic IP address
Dynamic IP Address is attached to a server in my home office

Branko.

I dont understand, but SMF is set by default to send HTML. I think that no one uses this option.Why do you want that option?I also have a host at GoDaddy and it works great.
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

kibbelznbitz

Quote from: Branko. on September 13, 2011, 05:21:14 PM
I dont understand, but SMF is set by default to send HTML. I think that no one uses this option.Why do you want that option?I also have a host at GoDaddy and it works great.

I wanted the option to use the Email Verification for registration. If there is another way to do with with a SMTP Relay then I would appreciate the knowledge shared.

As far as an Update goes, I just got off the phone with Go Daddy, they stated that the reason I am receiving this error is because the IP address of the server using the Go Daddy relay does not match a Go Daddy IP address therefore is being rejected by other mail servers such as gmail. He stated the only work around for that would be to modify the code within the SMF. Therefore, would anyone have any knowledge on this matter as how to modify the coding and/or which code I need to modify?

A quick question, am I even in the right direction?

Thanks for all the help!

ApplianceJunk

QuoteI wanted the option to use the Email Verification for registration.

I did not have to set any email setting for that to work.

I would look for a different host too.

kibbelznbitz

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on September 13, 2011, 05:47:49 PM
QuoteI wanted the option to use the Email Verification for registration.

I did not have to set any email setting for that to work.

I would look for a different host too.

I was using it without any email settings but everything was going to Junk folders or being blocked all together by various filters mainly due to the fact it was a random, unsigned email from a un-authenticated SMTP relay. I also get a nice discount through Go Daddy via my company =)

But that's besides the point, the current issue is, there is an issue with SMF and using Authenticated relays (or so it seems).

kibbelznbitz

Alright, another call to Go Daddy landed me to the manager. Go Daddy does not allow the use of their SMTP Relays outside of their network. Email accounts canceled, time to setup exchange.

Thanks for all the help!!!!! Appreciate it!

Advertisement: