News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.7 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, January 20, 2014, 09:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

UPDATE: Downloads are available again :)
--------

Dear users,

Simple Machines Forum has released an new patch to the 2.0.x release line. This brings our released version to SMF 2.0.7.

Unlike previous patches, this is a bug fix release, not a security release. This does not detract from the importance of installing this release. Although a number of other defects have been remedied, the primary update of this patch brings full compatibility for PHP 5.5, which is becoming a more common problem, as hosts are now beginning more widespread adoption.

Users of the 1.1.x versions should be aware that some of the issues which are fixed in 2.0.7 are still present in 1.1.x. Given some of the issues facing PHP applications on PHP 5.5+, providing full support for 1.1.x will not be entirely possible, as some of the features being deprecated from the standard PHP installation cannot be replaced either manually or in a patch in the 1.1.x line.  In any case, 2.1 is in heavy development - once 2.1 is declared stable, 1.1 will be completely unsupported. As such, we would encourage you to consider migrating to the 2.0.x release line - we will offer what support we can to those preparing to upgrade.

If you are running version 2.0.6, you can update your forum to version 2.0.7 using the package manager. As usual, you should see the upgrade notification in the Admin panel and in the package manager, which will allow you to download and install the patch seamlessly.  If you don't see the notification about the update, please run the scheduled task "Fetch Simple Machines files".  You can also download the patch for 2.0.7 from the customize site by downloading the : smf_patch_2.0.7.zip patch file, and then installing it from the package manager, like any other mod package.

If you use older versions of SMF, you can upgrade by using the full upgrade archive for version 2.0.7 from the downloads page. Be aware that using this upgrade method will require you to reinstall your mods with ones designed for the 2.0.x line

You can also view the change log for the latest release, as usual, on the downloads page.

If you are having problems downloading the patch from the admin panel, you can download the package from the upgrade patches page and install it like a mod, as instructed above.

Please refer to the Online Manual for more details about:
* upgrading
* patching

Please do not use this topic for support requests.  You will receive a much quicker and better response by posting in the relevant support board!

Thank you for using SMF! :)

Regards,
Simple Machines Forum
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Chen Zhen

Thanks for the release note. Is there going to be a download link for a patch via the SMF feed (aside from the upgrade package)?
Currently the feed states SMF 2.0.6 as the current package.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

tumbleweed

G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

busterone

Thanks for the patch. PHP 5.5 isn't an issue for me yet, but may have been soon. Great work.

Arantor

Quote from: -Underdog- on January 20, 2014, 10:07:40 PM

Thanks for the release note. Is there going to be a download link for a patch via the SMF feed (aside from the upgrade package)?
Currently the feed states SMF 2.0.6 as the current package.

As ever this is updated on the usual 24 hour cycle within your forum (the fetch Simple Machines files task), so once that updates so too with the feed update.

LiroyvH

Congrats on the release guys, good work :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

InstallatronJosh

While testing the new version I noticed install.php and upgrade.php are both identifying as 2.0.6. Is that correct for this release?

define('SMF_VERSION', '2.0.6');

Regards,
Josh

Oldiesmann

No, it should be 2.0.7. Thanks for pointing that out!
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

radu81

Thanks guys for all your work!
sorry for my bad english

Mstcool

Woot Woot!!

Every time SMF releases a new version, it makes me so happy. :')

LiroyvH

Quote from: InstallatronJosh on January 21, 2014, 01:50:21 AM
While testing the new version I noticed install.php and upgrade.php are both identifying as 2.0.6.

This should be fixed now, apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for reporting it!

Mstcool

I got that pink error message telling me not to upload it because some files failed to be tested. I still did it anyways, is that bad? I mean like......if they failed...does that mean that the bugs that were fixed might still affect my forum?

LiroyvH

Depends on the files I guess, but this is not a support topic. Please open a support topic in the 2.0.x support board for any support related questions.

Rickard

I did get it to, and a warning message from NOD32 Antivirus.
Is this a virus, or have you really made a new version?

I have 3 forums, and i only get the new version of the patch in one of my forums, in the other 2 it just displays the latest version is 2.0.6 that is the latest version.

A bit worrying...

NOD32 alarm give heds up for the image "something_went_wrong.png" seems to have with developer links to do???

OK, now i see, its Oldiesmann:s Avatar image that make the Antivirus program to block the image.
Admin for 3 forums:
www.varmepumpsforum.com
www.poolforum.se
www.atvforum.se
SMF 2.0.15
Default Theme: CS Manual by crip
Simple Portal 2.3.7
Got my own hosted and managed server on www.space2u.com

LiroyvH

Quote from: Rickard on January 21, 2014, 02:41:21 AM

No, we really made a new version.
Sounds like a false positive from NOD32. Double checked to be sure with multiple scanners, I'm not getting anything suspicious.

I have 3 forums, and i only get the new version of the patch in one of my forums, in the other 2 it just displays the latest version is 2.0.6 that is the latest version.

A bit worrying...

You should probably run the "Fetch simple machines files" under scheduled tasks, as explained in the first post.

Mstcool

Quote from: CoreISP on January 21, 2014, 02:39:39 AM
Depends on the files I guess, but this is not a support topic. Please open a support topic in the 2.0.x support board for any support related questions.

Alright, thanks. :)

What's the point of this topic if its not a support topic? Not being rude btw, just wondering. Lol. :P

LiroyvH

What's the point of this topic if its not a support topic?

To announce the new version... :) This is the News and Updates board you know. ;)

gisfreak

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Rickard on January 21, 2014, 02:41:21 AM

A bit worrying...

NOD32 alarm give heds up for the image "something_went_wrong.png" seems to have with developer links to do???

OK, now i see, its Oldiesmann:s Avatar image that make the Antivirus program to block the image.

I emailed Eset almost 3 weeks ago asking that they whitelist my domain, complete with a scan log from ClamAV (server-side antivirus program). I guess it's time to go bug them some more. I've uploaded my avatar directly for the time being.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: