News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Recent Forum Topics on Boardindex For 2.0.x

Started by Pipke, May 05, 2014, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipke

Link to the mod

Recent Forum Topics Mod on Boardindex

Description

For SMF 2.0.x

For SMF 2.1.x click here.

This mod will add Recent Forum Topics on the Boardindex.
In the settings you can enable/disable the mod, change the number of Recent Forum Topics per page, subject first/lastpost and many more...
This mod works with the Topic Solved Mod v1.1.1 and Simpleportal (Configuration Portal Mode => Front Page)

License
* This SMF modification is subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this SMF modification except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/

Settings
- Admin->Configuration->Modification Settings->Recent Forum Topics

Languages
- English/utf8
- Portuguese_pt/utf by PFigo

Changelog
Version 1.2 - Aug 18, 2019
- Added option to show/hide first and/or second icon column

Version 1.1 - Aug 17, 2019
- Added language portuguese_pt
- Fixed hardcoded text
- Nothing more to say, it is what it is...have not carried out any further checks

Version 1.0 - May 03, 2014
- Initial Release
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Gryzor

Oh, this is quite useful since it promotes the discussions... thanks! Works beautifully!

Would it possible to make it collapsible though?

fapencio

Hi, first, sorry for my bad english  :-[ your mod is awesome!!!  :)  thanks a lot

ok, i want know if your mod is compatible with NiceTooltips mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2115

if they are not compatible, you could do it please? with code or a later version please?

be great if the mod "NiceTooltips" worked on topics of your mod

regards
My smf forum is 2.0.10 version
my theme is default
language spanish es utf8

Gryzor

My users seem to like it, however they already suggested making it collapsible :D Another small (?) request: could it  be shortened to one line - that is, omit the second line from the table?

Oh, and I think it broke Tapatalk...

Pipke

Quote from: Gryzor on May 06, 2014, 03:49:27 AM

On to do list. (i had made it first but deleted the code, i thought it wouldnt be necessary  ??? )

Quote from: fapencio on May 07, 2014, 12:59:15 AM
i want know if your mod is compatible with NiceTooltips mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2115

Dont know i have to look into that.

also do to is that it will work with the global topic mod, ill work on that when the author of that mod will update it, as it has some bugs into it.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Gryzor

Quote from: Pipke on May 07, 2014, 08:03:13 AM
Quote from: Gryzor on May 06, 2014, 03:49:27 AM

On to do list. (i had made it first but deleted the code, i thought it wouldnt be necessary  ??? )

Thanks, that'd be awesome :)

etn991

Very nice mod, thank you.

When using with SimplePortal, it uses the full width of the page (like a header), shifting all my left and right blocks down.

Is there a way to make it take up the same width as the forum topics (in the body, not header), so the left/right blocks remain in place?

Or is it me?

Thanks.

Pipke

Quote from: etn991 on May 10, 2014, 06:32:11 PM

When using with SimplePortal, it uses the full width of the page (like a header), shifting all my left and right blocks down.

Is there a way to make it take up the same width as the forum topics (in the body, not header), so the left/right blocks remain in place?

Or is it me?

Thanks.

Can you post a screenshot or link to your site? Did you checked on disable recent forum topics mod from frontpage with simpleportal in admin settings?

Pipke

Quote from: Pipke on May 11, 2014, 07:44:25 AM
Quote from: etn991 on May 10, 2014, 06:32:11 PM

Or is it me?

Thanks.

Can you post a screenshot or link to your site? Did you checked on disable recent forum topics mod from frontpage with simpleportal in admin settings?

Nevermind about the screenshot or site link, i figured out what you mean, i have a solution for that but it takes a file edit and some code to a portal costum php block, ill post that later, i'm testing first to be sure it will not mess up any/your forum. Btw with adding code to portal php block you can also choose to collapse the thingy  :P

Heres a screenshot on a new site i'm currently working on, ive been testing on that one.

Gryzor

I'm now sure this mod breaks Tapatalk. Uninstalling it gave back Tapatalk functionality.

This is the error one gets with the Recents mod installed:

Pipke

Quote from: Gryzor on May 12, 2014, 04:34:37 AM
I'm now sure this mod breaks Tapatalk. Uninstalling it gave back Tapatalk functionality.

This is the error one gets with the Recents mod installed:

@Gryzor
I think i fixed the mod that it will work with Tapatalk, no guarantee?

Can you install the RecentForumTopics mod agian, and after that replace this file(see attachment)--> Subs-RecentForumTopics.php in Folder ../Sources, be sure to make a backup of that file first before replacing,

If you done that could you reply to this topic and tell me if it works or not, thx

Gryzor

Actually I had to change a couple more things, but I'm positive that when re-adding the mod it stopped working; I'll test again today, thanks!

Pipke

Quote from: Gryzor on May 13, 2014, 09:48:24 AM
Actually I had to change a couple more things, but I'm positive that when re-adding the mod it stopped working; I'll test again today, thanks!

you havent downloaded the file in the attachment yet!! you must replace the file in Sources folder.

Gryzor

I know, I know :D Can't do it right now, will do it later in the evening :D

Gryzor

Yes! It works fine now from what I can see :) Thanks!!!

Pipke

Quote from: Gryzor on May 14, 2014, 04:56:59 AM
Yes! It works fine now from what I can see :) Thanks!!!

Thats nice to hear, your welcome.

TGR

i've just installed this mod on my forum (new install 2.0.7) and have a few issues with it.

First issue I have is I have it installed it along side nchat shoutbox and whenever recent topic is enabled it stops nchat shoutbox from work. (nchat doesnt display previous shouts or allow you to add new shouts) but if i disable recent topics it works fine.

Second is placement, with this mod installed i get recent topics, shoutbox, forum index
is there anyway I can move it so its shoutbox, recent topics, board index?

ViV

Is it possible that the mod only picks new topics added based on the first post. It shouldn't consider replies to designate the recent activity.

Secondly, how to make the mod only pick topics from certain boards and not from all of them.

Pipke

Quote from: TGR on May 15, 2014, 06:50:47 AM
i've just installed this mod on my forum (new install 2.0.7) and have a few issues with it.

First issue I have is I have it installed it along side nchat shoutbox and whenever recent topic is enabled it stops nchat shoutbox from work. (nchat doesnt display previous shouts or allow you to add new shouts) but if i disable recent topics it works fine.

Second is placement, with this mod installed i get recent topics, shoutbox, forum index
is there anyway I can move it so its shoutbox, recent topics, board index?

First: The mod nchat wich you are using is for smf 2.0.1 my fix solution is to install simpleportal they have a shoutbox implented, and i know that its shoutbox work well with my mod. (see screenshot in above post).

Second: As far as i know you cant fix the placement because nchat is hardcoded and my mod uses hooks. The hook ads the RecenForumTopics right after the Header.

Pipke

Quote from: ViV on May 15, 2014, 07:31:11 AM
Is it possible that the mod only picks new topics added based on the first post. It shouldn't consider replies to designate the recent activity.

No
Secondly, how to make the mod only pick topics from certain boards and not from all of them.

You cant right now, maybe a future thingy (in next update), but i dont have all the time for that atm.

Advertisement: