Converted from Kunena 2.0 Missing NEW posts (only got old FB threads over)

Started by aly22, June 11, 2014, 06:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aly22

I was able to use the converter to migrate from a Joomla 1.5 install of Kunena 2.0
(see thread here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=523678.0)

It appeared that all went perfectly until I noticed that only the very old threads/messages from Fireboard (pre-Kunena upgrade) were migrated. In other words, a forum that was active just a month ago is now migrated to SMF and the most current messages are from 2010!!

How can I get the current/recent Kunena messages to migrate over as well?
Is there a different migration tool required?

margarett

I'm sorry, I have no idea as I've never really use either the software or the converter :P

If you provide me full access to your install I can have a look.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

aly22

Are you officially with SMF support? I am not sure about giving up full access - what all do you need to see?

In the Joomla database there are tables containing the messages from Fireboard jos_fb_messages and those were all converted to SMF.

But I need also the jos_kunena data to have my new SMF forum be current.

I have seen a few messages that reference this converter only worked with Kunena version 1.5 so is there a more recent converter for Kunena version 2.0+ that would resolve my issue?

margarett

You are a wise person. You should really be careful about providing access to your sites, yes. Read this
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=87130.0

And yes, I am on the Support team, so says my badge here on the left ;)

As I told you, I never used either the software or the converter so I'd need to check your database content to compare to whatever the converter is expecting ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

aly22

Ok, so you would need control panel access then? How do I get that to you? PM?

margarett

Advertisement: