News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Automatic group assignment & changing

Started by truckworks, October 15, 2014, 08:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truckworks

I've posted a few other topics trying to figure this out, but have been told it basically isn't possible currently. 

I've got a completely paid-only site, but we want people to be able to use it for 3 weeks at no cost.  Once that three weeks is up, they basically get all their permissions stripped except the basic welcome/help category. 

There is no way to automatically funnel people into that 3-week trial group, I have to manually place them in a 3 week paid subscription group and then monitor when their time comes to an end. 
Any questions I post are related to 2.0.8.  Thank you all for any help you give me, truly a great community on here!

Suki

Well, this certainly isn't core material but mod material.

I assume the people you want to have that 3 weeks period are newly registered members no? if thats the case, then a mod to change their membergroup on register can be done.

For the 3 week period, a scheduled task can be applied, when the task is executed, fetch whoever registered exactly 3 weeks ago and change their membergroup to another one with zero permissions. The task will be executed daily.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: