Bridge Mambo,Joomla SMF 1.1 RC2 (aka 3.20)

Started by Orstio, December 31, 2005, 03:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

laser

Is there any compatability issues with the discussbot for Joomla ?

Orstio, have you tested the discussbot and can you provide a link to which bot works please ?

Cheers :)

Orstio

I can't guarantee the discussbot will work, nor any of the old modules, for that matter.  Some might work, some might not.

laser

Cache-man

Quote from: Orstio on January 02, 2006, 07:12:00 AM
Disable compressed output in SMF.
I tried that but it didnt work. However, I did try disabling compressed output in Joomla and everything worked fine - the forum now wraps (with or without the SMF compression).
Thanks Orstio for a point in the right direction and a great bridge.

Cache-man

Everything is now running pretty smooth. I finally sorted out the joomla links using the css from the forums - I just copied the link classes from my joomla CSS over the classes in the SMF CSS. Of course the SMF links will now be the same as the Joomla ones, but i'd prefer that than the other way around.

Oh, and my discuss bot still works from the 3.19 bridge.

Kindred

Honestly, you should combine the CSS files completely and get rid of the SMF <head> information by "if"ing it out.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cache-man

i suppose combining the CSS totally would be beneficial, but i'm not all that sure what you mean Kindred about "if"ing out the <head>. Could you just elaborate a tiny bit on that.

NiLuJe

I'll post here a correct version of the french translation for the bridge, thanks for your work! :)

<?php
/**
* @version $Id$
* @package smf-bridge
* @copyright (C) 2004-2006 mamboworld.net
* @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
* @author mic ([email protected]) www.mamboworld.net
* Mambo is Free Software
*/

/** French language file for SMF Bridge
* Corrected by NiLuJe ([email protected] / www.ak-team.com)
*/

class smfbLanguage
{
//common (to be used by all)
var $SMFB_ISO 'iso-8859-1';
var $SMFB_DATE_FORMAT_LC '%A, %d. %B %Y'// use PHP strftime Format, more info at http://php.net
var $SMFB_DATE_FOMAT_SHORT ' %d.%m.%Y'// short date
var $SMFB_DATE_FORMAT_LONG '%d.%m.%Y %H:%M'// use PHP strftime Format, more info at http://php.net

//admin
var $SMFB_A_CONF_HEADER 'Configuration du Bridge SMF';
var $SMFB_A_CONF_CONFIG_IS 'Le fichier de configuration est :';
var $SMFB_A_CONF_WRITEABLE 'Modifiable';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_NOT_WRITEABLE 'Non modifiable';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_TAB1 'Configuration';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_PATH 'Chemin vers SMF (absolu)';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_PATH_BUTTON 'Créer le chemin automatiquement';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_DB_SMF_NAME 'Nom de la base de données de SMF';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_DB_SMF_PREFIX 'Préfixe des tables SMF';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_DB_MOS_PREFIX 'Préfixe des tables Mambo/Joomla';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_WRAPPED_TITLE 'Intégration du forum SMF';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_WRAPPED 'Intégré';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_UNWRAPPED 'Pleine page';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_SETT_SAVED 'Les réglages ont été enregistrés';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_UPGRADE_SUCCESS 'Bridge mis à jour avec succès';

// tooltips
var $SMBF_A_CONF_PATH_TT_HEADER 'Chemin vers l\'installation du forum SMF';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_PATH_TT 'Définissez ici le CHEMIN ABSOLU vers votre installation de SMF. CONSEIL: Si vous n\'êtes pas sûr, cliquez sur le bouton * Créer le chemin automatiquement *';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_DB_SMF_NAME_TT 'Le nom de la base de données utilisée par SMF. Laissez le vide si vous avez installé Mambo/Joomla et SMF dans la même base de données';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_DB_SMF_PREFIX_TT 'Préfixe des tables SMF, normalement * smf_ *';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_DB_MOS_PREFIX_TT 'Préfixe des tables Mambo/Joomla, normalement * mos_ * pour Mambo, et * jos_ * pour Joomla, ATTENTION: Le préfixe doit être identique à celui défini pour votre installation de Mambo/Joomla! CONSEIL: Si vous n\'êtes pas sûr, cliquez sur le bouton * Ajouter le préfixe des tables Mambo/Joomla *';
var $SMFB_A_CONF_MOS_PREFIX_BUTTON 'Ajouter le préfixe des tables Mambo/Joomla';
var $SMBF_A_CONF_WRAPPED_TITLE_TT 'C\'est - peut-être - l\'un des réglages les plus importants! Vous devez spécifier si SMF sera intégré (comme un composant classique) dans mambo/Joomla, ou s\'il sera affiché comme un SMF classique (Pleine page). Selon votre choix, il est possible que vous ayez à définir d\'autres réglages, comme spécifié dans le * readme *';

// errors/messages
var $SMBF_A_CONF_ERR_CONF_NOT_WRITEABLE 'Le fichier de configuration n\'est pas modifiable!';

// frontend (user)
//header

// general
}

?>

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

QuoteI'll post here a correct version of the french translation for the bridge, thanks for your work!

Merci beaucoup.  :)

NiLuJe

You're welcome ;)

I was testing the GeSHiSMF mod when I encountered a strange behavior... If I access the forum with the component link, everything between '< >' is stripped from my posts... So if I only post something like '<test>', SMF will complain that my post is empty. o_O
  It works fine when I access the forum via the 'normal' link (myhost.tld/smf f.e).

(Joomla 1.0.5, SMF 1.1 RC2 Default Theme, Bridge 1.1.1)

EDIT: Snapshots (hxxp:n1luj3.free.fr/pic/smf/2006-01-02_1280x1024_snap_1.png [nonactive] - hxxp:n1luj3.free.fr/pic/smf/2006-01-02_1280x1024_snap_2.png [nonactive])

Kindred

bridge 1.1.1?
Is that from Joomlahacks.com?
(if so, please report it there for support...)
Слaва
Украинi

NiLuJe

No, the one from this post ;) (I should have said 3.20, but I used the version number from the zip filename)

Orstio

QuoteI was testing the GeSHiSMF mod when I encountered a strange behavior... If I access the forum with the component link, everything between '< >' is stripped from my posts... So if I only post something like '<test>', SMF will complain that my post is empty. o_O

Yeah, Joomla will strip that out before SMF even has a chance to see it.

NiLuJe

Argh :/ No chance to workaround this in unwrapped mode?

Orstio

In your Joomla index.php, you can swap these two lines (~138-139):

$message = mosGetParam( $_POST, 'message', 0 );
if ($option == 'login') {

Altered code:

if ($option == 'login') {
     $message = mosGetParam( $_POST, 'message', 0 );

(Please note that this is not something that everyone should do!  Modifying core files is not typically required for the installation.)

farmeunit

I get this error when trying to install in Joomla:

Upload module - Upload Failed
ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

Upload module - Failed
Installation file not found:
/home/hyster41/public_html/content/media/install_42ae452bc0a5d/

Safe Mode is on.  I've read about patch, but couldn't find a link for 1.05.  Is there another way?

When I try to install from a directory, it give an error about writing the com_sf/language dir, but everything that needs to be writeable is.  Any help would be appreicated.  TY.

Orstio

Advertisement: