Thank-O-Matic

Started by enik, June 12, 2007, 12:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ディン1031

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 16, 2010, 10:38:50 PM
Din there is one issue related to this mod, when you don't have permission to do nothing only to Give Thank You to a post the Thank You button isn't stylized due to this line on the Display.template.php:

// If this is the first post, (#0) just say when it was posted - otherwise give the reply #.
        if ($message['can_approve'] || $context['can_reply'] || $message['can_modify'] || $message['can_remove'] || $context['can_split'] || $context['can_restore_msg'])
            echo '
                                <ul class="reset smalltext quickbuttons">';

It should be replaced with something like this:

// If this is the first post, (#0) just say when it was posted -   otherwise give the reply #.
          if ($message['can_approve'] || $context['can_reply'] ||   $message['can_modify'] || $message['can_remove'] ||   $context['can_split'] || $context['can_restore_msg'] || ($message['thank_you_post']['post'] &&   !$message['thank_you_post']['locked']) || ($message['thank_you_post']['lock'] && $message['thank_you_post']['isThankYouPost']) || ($message['thank_you_post']['delete'] && $message['thank_you_post']['isThankYouPost']))
              echo '
                                  <ul class="reset smalltext   quickbuttons">';

You must do the same replacing:

if ($message['can_approve'] || $context['can_reply'] || $message['can_modify'] || $message['can_remove'] || $context['can_split'] || $context['can_restore_msg'])
            echo '
                                </ul>';

With:

if ($message['can_approve'] || $context['can_reply'] || $message['can_modify'] || $message['can_remove'] || $context['can_split'] || $context['can_restore_msg'] || ($message['thank_you_post']['post'] &&   !$message['thank_you_post']['locked']) ||   ($message['thank_you_post']['lock'] &&   $message['thank_you_post']['isThankYouPost']) ||   ($message['thank_you_post']['delete'] &&   $message['thank_you_post']['isThankYouPost']))
            echo '
                                </ul>';

Regards
Thanks for the info, oh this is naughty bug... never tried this configuration xD. Good to know this can really mess up things...

Quote from: soulgeek on March 16, 2010, 11:20:36 PM
QuoteYou probably have to copy the thank-you images to the image folder of your theme

I have uploded images to theme image folder, still nothing to see....  ::)
You need to do the theme changes on the Display.template.php of you theme...
Quote from: Settler11 on March 16, 2010, 08:19:27 AM
Quote from: soulgeek on March 15, 2010, 11:39:54 PM
Yes, i have ecabled it in the Admin>> boards But, still i do not see any Thank You button....

What is it that i am missing? I am sure i did all settings correct....

Is it like i have to upload the Thank You Button Image somewhere?

I have the same problem and I know how it comes..
Try the normal Theme of your SMF forum and it will show the button.

Why isn't it possible in any theme because it only shows for me when I have the normal theme...

Thanks.
Because i can't program it for every theme if i need to do that i've would never finished with my mod... my goal is the default, if someone need it anywhere else he need to add it by hand...

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

drhamza

i don't know how this can be applicable, but this mod needs one more thing to reach perfection :D which is a notification about the thanks a member gets " your {post} was thanked for by {member}"... or a new tab beside HOME and MESSAGES for THANKS RECEIVED... :D

steve51184

is there anyway to make it show all the users who have given a 'thank you' without them having to click the 'For this post, 1 member gave a thank you!' link?

Nibogo

Quote from: drhamza on March 18, 2010, 11:17:46 AM
i don't know how this can be applicable, but this mod needs one more thing to reach perfection :D which is a notification about the thanks a member gets " your {post} was thanked for by {member}"... or a new tab beside HOME and MESSAGES for THANKS RECEIVED... :D

Do you really need to loggin in your forum and have 20 New PM's just for notifications of thanks received?? I don't think that this is a good idea for the users plus they can easily track their posts with thanks.

PD: In your profile you can check Own Posts and Own Topics with thanks received.

Quote from: zx71 on March 18, 2010, 01:42:30 PM
is there anyway to make it show all the users who have given a 'thank you' without them having to click the 'For this post, 1 member gave a thank you!' link?

You can show all the list without any preview you just need to configure the mod in the Thank-o-matic settings

Welovea1

When we install to new themes to our forum we've been uninstalling Thank-O-Matic in order to install to the new themes.  Is there any way to install it to new themes without first uninstalling the mod?  TIA

Nibogo

Quote from: Welovea1 on March 18, 2010, 10:40:48 PM
When we install to new themes to our forum we've been uninstalling Thank-O-Matic in order to install to the new themes.  Is there any way to install it to new themes without first uninstalling the mod?  TIA

Yes, doing all the templates edits manually

drhamza

QuoteDo you really need to loggin in your forum and have 20 New PM's just for notifications of thanks received?? I don't think that this is a good idea for the users plus they can easily track their posts with thanks.

PD: In your profile you can check Own Posts and Own Topics with thanks received.
the idea is not to track your own posts, something like "someone likes your status" in facebook...

steve51184

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 18, 2010, 07:11:59 PM
You can show all the list without any preview you just need to configure the mod in the Thank-o-matic settings

ty :P

Nibogo

Quote from: drhamza on March 19, 2010, 11:19:26 AM
QuoteDo you really need to loggin in your forum and have 20 New PM's just for notifications of thanks received?? I don't think that this is a good idea for the users plus they can easily track their posts with thanks.

the idea is not to track your own posts, something like "someone likes your status" in facebook...

It's a forum not a social network, so the users should also get a PM every time that someone quotes their posts "Someone has commented your posts on [TOPIC]" really I don't think that this can be useful and I don't think of DIN is going to add this to the core of this mod.

Quote from: zx71 on March 19, 2010, 11:21:06 AM
Quote from: NIBOGO on March 18, 2010, 07:11:59 PM

ty :P

You're welcome!

ディン1031

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 19, 2010, 02:54:59 PM
Quote from: drhamza on March 19, 2010, 11:19:26 AM

It's a forum not a social network, so the users should also get a PM every time that someone quotes their posts "Someone has commented your posts on [TOPIC]" really I don't think that this can be useful and I don't think of DIN is going to add this to the core of this mod.
Correct, i think this useless... and not think how dramatic the performance will go down...

Nibogo

DIN are you going to implement the tweaks that I give you for the Ajax Feature?? Like add +1 to the thanks received and to the thanks given??

This can be done pretty quickly but in a dirty way showing/hiding this values for each profile

wyrko

I have a problem when i install this mod, in the installations appear this errors:

20.     Execute Modificacion     ./Sources/Load.php     Failed Test
             4.     Add after     ./Sources/Load.php     Failed Test

Any suggestion for repais this errors? I'am so noob with SMF.

jeeeb

QuoteI have a problem when i install this mod, in the installations appear this errors:

20.     Execute Modificacion     ./Sources/Load.php     Failed Test
              4.     Add after     ./Sources/Load.php     Failed Test

Any suggestion for repais this errors? I'am so noob with SMF.

Yup just add missing parts of code manualy... it make those fails because you allready have other mods installed. when you instal it make something like: find that "blablabla" and after that Add this "bababa". It work ok until you instal something that make your code blablabla a little bit diferent like blabla[partfromothermod]bla.

Heh I hope you will understand that.

And ppl who have problems with icons, try to put them into your own theme in yourtheme/images/buttons

Peace!

rocknroller

Greetings!

Can anybody help me with core theme SMF 2 RC 2? I do not know how to modify display.template.php

I try to modify but, get error in display.template.php. Can anybody do it for me?

I will be grateful!

jeeeb

Hi, im using this "* ThankOMaticSSITopThanksPosts100.zip" to show some stats, and now I want to show top 10 posts but when I make ssi etc. I can see only 1 top post and no more, as I can see in SSI.php its set to 5:

function ssi_thankYouPostTopPosts($topPosts = 5, $chars_limit = 128, $subject_only = true, $output_method = 'echo')

Can anyone help?

khera

hi i am using smf 2.0 RC3

i am facing some error for this mod plz help me mods

ディン1031

Quote from: NIBOGO on March 19, 2010, 03:07:31 PM
DIN are you going to implement the tweaks that I give you for the Ajax Feature?? Like add +1 to the thanks received and to the thanks given??

This can be done pretty quickly but in a dirty way showing/hiding this values for each profile
Yes i would like to insert them =).

Quote from: jeeeb on March 22, 2010, 04:15:53 PM
Hi, im using this "* ThankOMaticSSITopThanksPosts100.zip" to show some stats, and now I want to show top 10 posts but when I make ssi etc. I can see only 1 top post and no more, as I can see in SSI.php its set to 5:

function ssi_thankYouPostTopPosts($topPosts = 5, $chars_limit = 128, $subject_only = true, $output_method = 'echo')

Can anyone help?
Hmmm long that i testet it, but i will look into it.

Quote from: khera on March 23, 2010, 10:19:07 AM
hi i am using smf 2.0 RC3

i am facing some error for this mod plz help me mods
oO

khera

i am facing some errors

i am using 2.0 RC3

ディン1031

Quote from: khera on March 24, 2010, 02:03:57 AM
i am facing some errors

i am using 2.0 RC3
If you not know what you can do now, than you should not install the mod.

TheListener

Quote from: khera on March 24, 2010, 02:03:57 AM
i am facing some errors

i am using 2.0 RC3

The files which are in red require a manual edit before the mod can be installed properly.

Advertisement: