Change a guest to a member staus

Started by dansmark, June 20, 2009, 07:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dansmark

I want to keep the general public as "guests".
And change club members to "full member" status.
(even longtime guests elevated to regular-member, and full members to senior-members).

So my senior-members can access "club-only" sections.
I can't seem to find the function.

Thanks!

[Core]

You need to modify the permissions for that group to where they can only do what guests can Admin > Permissions

dansmark

I found where to change who (like guests and members) can see which topic.

How do I change who is a guest and who is a member?
Some guests can't become members.

dansmark

How do I change a guest to a member?
Also, how to keep guests as guests.

Bulakbol

Do you know the difference between guests and members? :P
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

dansmark

Quote from: Bulakbol on June 27, 2009, 02:29:25 PM
Do you know the difference between guests and members? :P

I think so...

Members are the people that I let see the "other hidden pages", guests are the general public.

dansmark

Thanks.

I keep everyone that is not a "Full Member" as a guest (or anything under Full Member staus).
I choose who full members are.

I am curious, where can I set "how long" a guest is a guest(or anything under Full Member staus)?

Sharp Spike

Quote from: dansmark on July 05, 2009, 04:23:17 PM
Thanks.

I keep everyone that is not a "Full Member" as a guest (or anything under Full Member staus).
I choose who full members are.

I am curious, where can I set "how long" a guest is a guest(or anything under Full Member staus)?

You cannot do that a guest has to register on their OWN, though you can set how long a Full Member is at that rank by changing the member group settings:
Admin -> MemberGroups, once there you can modify how many posts it takes to become a Full Member you can also create new ranks once the members reach a higher amount of posts, that's about all you can do if you want a guest to register you can check out the "Building Your Community and Other Forum Advice board for some helpful tips on how to get users to register and stay active.

DP
People say I don't listen or something...crazy.

Bulakbol

Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

N3RVE

I'm going through old 'unresolved' topics, do you require any further support?
If they are none, please mark this topic as solved to indicate otherwise, reply if you require additional assistance :)

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Advertisement: