News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

Quote from: Nao on February 11, 2010, 05:16:57 AM
@tfs> Oh, it's very unclear to me... It rings a bell somehow but... Ah well... Indeed I should be putting the files into a new 'foxy' folder, rather than re-using the 'aeva' folder. I suppose. At least it would save having to reinstall it. Would you want me to do it?

I always uninstall Foxy! before AM, and then I reinstall Foxy! again after updating AM.  It's not a big deal with me whichever way you go.

I found the thread over at Noisen where we discussed the issue...

http://aeva.noisen.com/foxy/5462/graphic-equalizer/
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

noaccess

I also still have the old version of the auto-embedder on my forum. However, I seem to have no package in my package list that I can select to uninstall. Maybe I even manually installed it, I have no idea. Where is that old file so I can upload it and select uninstall? or maybe a list of changes so I can manually remove it.

dv8

Hi I installed it yesterday on my site now my site is blank how do i undo the changes please take a look and let me know what went wrong thanks

www.brooklynreefs.com

Nibogo

Quote from: NIBOGO on February 10, 2010, 09:52:40 PM
- Watermarking of images uploaded.

It's not a 'very visible' improvement...
And it's in my to-do-list for Foxy! anyway.

It's a really visible feature and can be pretty useful for a lot of people. (I had no idea of you were going to include it in Foxy. In that case well Foxy would be a great add-on for AM)

Quote- Create New Topic after Upload.
This is already in Foxy!

Actually I have no idea about it, as I was talking about the missed features on AM not AM + Foxy

Quote- New AM Button on BBCodes, when you make a click on it shows a New Window with all the categories of SMG and you can easily click on an image title and it adds the smg BBC to the textarea.
This is already in Foxy! (Upload button)

Isn't the same...

Quote- Maybe a new feature like require comments after rating?
This would encourage spamming. Are you interested in reading people rate something 5/5 and comment "Cool"? What's the point? The rating system is precisely here to allow people to give their opinion on something without having to post...

Also, none of these features are very "visible" improvements (except for the SMG button but it's already there...)
What do you mean by visible, then?

I was talking about features that anyone can see, for example checking the changelog and looking for entries with the "+" I find things like this:

+ Added an aeva_closeTags function to properly close open tags or strip
  them (depending on the situation), for use in the cutString function.

This kind of features are really visible changes? Do you think of someone will noticed without looking all the changes in the AM code? That is what I was talking about it and please don't missunderstand what I'm trying to say, things like that are great improvements but you can't see those changes until you check the code or do some tests, when I wrote the post telling you that I don't see a lot of big changes between AM and Aeva + SMG I was talking about the New and Amazing Features, "The wow-how-could-I-live-without-that stuff" as you wrote on the changelog. Again I know that you are doing a great job optimizing the AM Code and fixing a lot of bugs, but I have to be honest I can't found a lot of changes. But I know that you are a great developer and probably you are going to add more features in the future releases of AM, in any case I'll check the new releases as soon as you publish it.

clothahump

Nao, I am able to upload new images and the thumbs are created, does this indicate everything does actually work and there is something wrong with the old images?

DeathCom

Ok, somehow this problem has got to be in my installation. I've noticed that views for photos increase normally on other installations when they view them as a slideshow, click the text link, or use the preview via hs. For me, only the preview works (it also works with hs disabled).

So I tried to uninstall the mod, this worked normally. But upon re installation it failed to update the sources and themes folders. I figure this is because I do not have either of those in the default locations. So I manually loaded them into the correct locations and Aeva was back up and running... but I'm still having improper view counts. :(

Could it be that because I do not have the sources, themes, and cache folders in the usual location that I am having this problem? (they are not there because when I set the forum up it was in a sub folder, when I figured it was time to open to the public, I bumped it up to the root)

-DeathCom

rubix123

Quote from: Nao on February 10, 2010, 07:54:45 AM
@rubix123> "Albums" doesn't look like a link because you're using a custom theme, I guess. Make your albums show in the front page by setting them to Featured state (only for people with moderation rights.)

So right now the album section is collapsed and my users need to click the "Album" text to un collapse it, and it doesn't even look like a link. People arent using the gallery because of this.

Is there a way to fix this? If not can I disable the aeva gallery and use the SMF gallery? I really only installed this mod for the auto embed for videos ..

hartiberlin

Hi Nao,
when about will you have a slideshow
simular to this one ?

http://www.highslide.com/examples/gallery-horizontal-strip.html

Will you put this into your Foxy Addon ?

Is it only days away or still weeks ?

I need a solution very soon to this
problem.
Many thanks for your work.

Regards, Stefan.

chep

Hello Nao,

I just wanted to report on a strange behavior. It seems that one of my global moderators was unable to upload anything  to the gallery unless I removed Global Moderators from the Permissions page for SMF (Admin -->Members --> Permissions --> Aeva Media   --> Moderate Gallery  --> Unchecked). I didn't have this problem with a test account which I elevated to a global moderator.

The error was : The file has a invalid extension (jpg)

Since I do not have his login information I guess it's pretty hard to follow up with. Being that my test account didn't produce the issue.

I have that FOXY add on. It is pretty neat. Especially for making playlists of photos for us. Would like to learn how to embed the playlist into a post some time.

Thank you Nao

Nao 尚

Yeah, it means everything works and there was a problem when transferring the old files.

But I already told you that, didn't I? Either file perms, or files just weren't copied to the right place...

(This is why I like the "Clear filenames" option. At least it tells you exactly where AM is expecting the files to be.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

clothahump

Quote(This is why I like the "Clear filenames" option. At least it tells you exactly where AM is expecting the files to be.)

Clear as in files given sensible names or am I missing something in the admin panel?

oOo--STAR--oOo

Just done a fresh install on a fresh copy of SMF 2.0 RC2

and in the aeva settings there is 2 images missing for custome themes that are compatible with curve..

Maybe u should invite these images into custom themes..

Themes/raven/images/admin/aeva.png
Themes/raven/images/admin/mgallery.png

simple fix for now.. i will just move the images into the folders of the theme..

Thanks for the great mod.. one of the most useful and best mods on SMF..

Great work :)
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Nao 尚

Clear as in "they're direct JPG files, not shortcuts to a SMF page that will waste time loading all SMF settings just to retrieve the actual URL".
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

saks

Why at listening of musical files at them it is not considered quantity of listenings? (Views counter not increase) I am testing installed Aeva 1 Final

@saks> Please read the hacks board at smf-media...
I look the smf.media but not search what i need. There there are decisions for smf gallery, but not for AEVA :(

clothahump

Tech are now saying it is not a server problem but an SMF problem, I noticed just now that an installation of the Gallery without Aeva is throwing this error on the same server.
No thumbnails are being created and if you click on file name in gallery you get this.
Method Not Implemented. GET to /index.php not supported.

Could the problems be connected?

tfs

Quote from: chep on February 12, 2010, 01:59:15 AM
I have that FOXY add on. It is pretty neat. Especially for making playlists of photos for us. Would like to learn how to embed the playlist into a post some time.

Pending Nao's reply..., here's a few notes I've saved about extended [ smg] tags...

type=playlist id=1,2 will show playlists 1 and 2
type=media_album id=1 will show the contents of album 1
type=photo_album, video_album, audio_album will only show that type of contents from said album
details=all will show all details, details=none will show none, details=no_name will show all details except for the name
Available details are: name, description, playlists and votes. You can put details=name,playlists if you just want the playlist's name and the list of playlists associated with this playlist's items.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Nao 尚

@saks> Hmm this is complicated... The view number should be increased by 1 if the audio file has a preview image associated to it. Otherwise, it won't. I've modified my code so that it adds an increaser flag (";v") to the URL if there's no associated preview (I've also added it to all other media code), but it's starting to get quite bloated by now... I really liked it better when the counter was only increased when visiting an item page, at this point...
As for your code, you didn't search much. tfs actually posted the code block in the same page as where you first asked for the block...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=200401.msg2494799#msg2494799

@aljo> There is currently no way for a mod to install its own files into custom themes. You can do it manually. ;) (Most of the AM graphics are correctly loaded from the default theme even on non-default themes, but I guess for the main menu and profile pages, it's a bit harder to do. If not impossible.)

@chep> Make sure that global moderators (who are a group entirely different from others) have the correct permissions in both general permissions and permission profiles.

@hartiberlin> No, it won't be in Foxy!, it will be in the regular mod. You can always sponsor the feature integration though, and I will put it at the top of my priority list. Also, don't forget that commercial use of the Highslide component requires to purchase a license over at highslide.com. (Or you can just disable Highslide, but then you won't have the slideshow either.)

@rubix> It's a 10-second fix with a custom CSS style. I'm sure someone else will provide it for you. Although I thought it was already in AM..? Something like .catbg a { text-decoration: underline !important; }

@tfs> I'll be releasing an update to Foxy! (v1.26) today, the only difference will be that it will allow you not to reinstall it each time you upgrade Aeva Media.

@tfs²> Ah well, now I have nothing else to answer for chep ;)
Basically, there's a help icon next to the smg field in item pages, it should have everything. (Except for type=playlist, which is what he was looking for.)
Maybe I should also offer a type=playlist_box, where the JS playlist system isn't used, but rather everything is shown as if viewed through a virtual album...

@noaccess> The old file (if you're up to date on it) is Old-Aeva-7.0.706.zip on the mod site.

@dv8> When you say blank site, you mean blank admin? Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Note to self: need to answer NIBOGO's post, too.

Nao 尚

Quote from: clothahump on February 12, 2010, 08:44:11 AM
Tech are now saying it is not a server problem but an SMF problem, I noticed just now that an installation of the Gallery without Aeva is throwing this error on the same server.
No thumbnails are being created and if you click on file name in gallery you get this.
Method Not Implemented. GET to /index.php not supported.

Could the problems be connected?
When you say "Gallery without Aeva", do you mean Aeva Media, SMF Media Gallery or SMF Gallery?
In the first case, you shouldn't be getting that error. In the second case, there's a workaround. In the third case, I don't know, since I didn't write it.
Whatever the mod used, "Method not implemented" has a 99% chance of being due to mod_security.

And guess what, mod_security is usually responsible for restrictive file permissions. So there you have your culprit. Again: complain to your host, and ask them to disable it, or at least lift its restrictions on file perms. If they don't know about it, then they suck.

saks

Quote from: Nao on February 12, 2010, 09:58:53 AM
@saks>
As for your code, you didn't search much. tfs actually posted the code block in the same page as where you first asked for the block...
O:) Ooo! Perfectly ! Thank you very much. I have not noticed! it work! :)

Nao 尚

Quote from: NIBOGO on February 11, 2010, 02:00:43 PM
It's a really visible feature and can be pretty useful for a lot of people.
I know, I know. And it's the last remaining "most requested feature", I believe. (I implemented everything else that was strongly asked for.)

Quote(I had no idea of you were going to include it in Foxy. In that case well Foxy would be a great add-on for AM)
"Would"? :P

QuoteI was talking about features that anyone can see, for example checking the changelog and looking for entries with the "+" I find things like this:

+ Added an aeva_closeTags function to properly close open tags or strip
  them (depending on the situation), for use in the cutString function.

This kind of features are really visible changes?
No, they aren't, you're right.
That's why I try to sort features by interest when the changelog is very long. But when it isn't too long, I tend to think people would read it entirely. Actually-- they don't even read it when I sort it by interest... Ah, well.
I was wondering whether I would release a "changelog of all main additions in Aeva Media" for the final 1.0. In the end I didn't have time to do this. I should have.

Advertisement: