News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

I can't bother to read this thread right now.

Just a quick note. YOU DON'T HAVE TO REINSTALL AEVA MEDIA IF YOU WANT TO UPGRADE FROM V1.1.
YOU JUST NEED TO OVERWRTEI ALL OF THE SOURCES AND THEME FILES WITH THE ONES IN THE 1.2 PACKAGE.

I think. :P
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Propaganistas

Hi all,

After searching the topic, I found that this message describes my problem.
Videos and flv's aren't shown in topics when using the smg tags.
...However...I am using aeva 1.2!

I noticed that after using SMF's inline edit function, the swf-player does show up, but it seems it doesn't receives the video's ID-number (see attachment). After refreshing the page, the swf-player is gone.

Doing some research, I found this:
After the inline edit (when the player is visible), I can find 8 errors in the log. But when the player isn't visible, they don't reproduce themselves.
These are the 8 errors:
http://www.xxxxxxxxx/index.php?action=jsmodify;topic=88;sesc;xml
8: Undefined index: chat
File: /xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3824

8: Undefined index: aeva_gotolink
File: /xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/Sources/Aeva-Subs.php
Line: 2674

Line: 2661

Line: 2593

Line: 2674

Line: 2661

Line: 2593

http://www.xxxxxxxxx/index.php?action=quotefast;quote=259;sesc;modify;xml
8: Undefined index: chat
File: /xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3824
So I guess the AJAX chat mod is interferring with aeva from getting the video's ID?
About aeva_gotolink: all language files are up to date and are freshly cached..

Is this also a host-related problem or can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance!
Propa

PS: Using SMF 2.0 RC1.2

Nao 尚

Just FYI -- some incompatibilities were found between AeMe 1.2 and SMF 1.x when it comes to the visual aspects. I tend to no longer bother about SMF 1.x because, well -- most people are using 2.0 by now anyway. I'll fix them, but I don't know when. Sorry about that. Use 1.1b if it bothers you.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Propaganistas

Quote from: Nao on June 05, 2010, 06:05:00 AM
Just FYI -- some incompatibilities were found between AeMe 1.2 and SMF 1.x when it comes to the visual aspects. I tend to no longer bother about SMF 1.x because, well -- most people are using 2.0 by now anyway. I'll fix them, but I don't know when. Sorry about that. Use 1.1b if it bothers you.
Oops, I'm sorry I didn't include my SMF version. It's SMF 2.0 RC1.2 :)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Propaganistas

Quote from: Kindred on June 05, 2010, 08:44:01 AM
Propaganistas, you *NEED* to upgrade to RC3 ASAP!

I tried this before but none of my mod's settings remained so I reverted back to 1.2 by restoring a backup.

Norv

The code of mods is overwritten by RC3 upgrade (since you ARE overwriting all files when upgrading). But the settings of the mods typically remain in the database (if they had settings in the database), so after you reinstall them on RC3 (in case they're compatible), they should most likely find their old settings back.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

noaccess

Is there is a reason why, when I copy the images from ftp from my webhost to my PC, the images are somewhat corrupted? (e.g. tearing in photos and what not) These images were uploaded via aeva of course and look perfect when you look at them from aeva, but when I download them from ftp, its horrible.

Also, why are all images file names on the webhost like the following:
1393_Nature_115_jpg10e6b3c10041928b0e5300875bb3f9e0_extjpg

??

Kindred

they are named like that to protect your site form hacking attempts via uploaded images
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

Quote from: Kindred on June 05, 2010, 06:31:52 PM
they are named like that to protect your site form hacking attempts via uploaded images
I'd totally forgotten that one, lol...

That was one of the reasons I believe yes. Although I didn't participate in this decision-making.
Fact is, later I introduced a system to check uploads before they're saved, and make sure they don't contain VBScript or crap like that. This kind of hacking attempt only affects IE6 users, though. You'd be crazy, nowadays, to still be using it, after all is said and done.

Propaganistas

Quote from: Norv on June 05, 2010, 02:12:43 PM
The code of mods is overwritten by RC3 upgrade (since you ARE overwriting all files when upgrading). But the settings of the mods typically remain in the database (if they had settings in the database), so after you reinstall them on RC3 (in case they're compatible), they should most likely find their old settings back.
Well, sadly I'll have to disappoint you. Even Simpleportal couldn't retrieve it's settings and blocks..

Nao 尚

Perfecta

is there a simple way to change the name for this amazing add on in the navbar?

i'm using SMF 1.1.11 and can not find the above fix...

and yes i have a costum theme, ps_black..

please help,

thanks in advance

mikeymx5

OK I upgraded to rc3 with 1.1b and everything was working perfectly.

I uninstalled 1.1b and installed 1.2 and now I have no Highslide.. I cleared the smf cache and browser just to check.

I did knotice that I can get highslide if I click in a small spot in the picture that leadme to look at the source and I found this in the code.
<a href="http://houstonmiataclub.com/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=10;preview" id="hsm10" class="hs " onclick="return hs.expand(this, slideOptions);">&nbsp;</a>

If you notice the Highslide is attached to a space and not to the image... I will check the templates later when I have more time.

ukhalik2

First of all great mod, exceptional, i don't know why its free :D...
----------
By the way, can  i stop people from uploadin videos,audio...
I want them to only upload image extentions..

Nao 尚

Quote from: ukhalik2 on June 07, 2010, 12:08:05 AM
First of all great mod, exceptional, i don't know why its free :D...
Because I'm not the kind of guy who begs for money, I guess. (There's the Foxy! add-on if you really want to chip in.)

QuoteBy the way, can  i stop people from uploadin videos,audio...
Yes.

ukhalik2

QuoteBecause I'm not the kind of guy who begs for money, I guess.
begging is a different thing, if someone takes money for his work, then its his RIGHT. :)

Quote from: Nao on June 07, 2010, 03:31:53 AM
QuoteBy the way, can  i stop people from uploadin videos,audio...
Yes.
ok, thanks, but how?
I removed all the extentions of the documents, but it still tell people to upload video and audio files because in mass upload it shows extentions which are accepted and it shows video files extentions also..
i tried finding everywhere but cant find, it sorry..
any help is appreciated.

Nao 尚

Quote from: ukhalik2 on June 07, 2010, 03:37:08 AM
QuoteBecause I'm not the kind of guy who begs for money, I guess.
begging is a different thing, if someone takes money for his work, then its his RIGHT. :)
I still get money from other things.

Quote from: Nao on June 07, 2010, 03:31:53 AM
ok, thanks, but how?
Permission profiles...

Afro

This new version is cool, good job Nao

Rafferty

Quote from: Rafferty on June 02, 2010, 09:25:48 AM
Cannott get embedded videos to display.  I have upgraded my forum from 1.1.11 to 2.0 rc3 and AM to ver 1.2.  All embedded videos are now only showing as links but play in highslide? On checking the video embed addresses, I find that [URL] tags have been added when I save the links. 

I also have Hacks SMF Gallery Pro installed, would there be a conflict?

Nao I still can't work out why my videos are only showing as links, both in AM and embedded posts
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Advertisement: