SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidhs

I attach package for Spanish translation of SimplePortal 2.3.4 (based of translation 2.3.3 + new strings)

Edit: Some string was incorrect. I correct these in new attachment.

Angelina Belle

Baloch,
This is a very surprising thing. When you uninstall simple portal, and re-install a new version, all the blocks should remain the same.

It is possible that there is a bug. Another user has reported a similar problem, related to block permissions.
http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=10369.msg54233;topicseen#new

In your blocks list, you should be able to set the display options for each block, to control where the block will be showing up.
Please try with one block and see if you can make the block show where you would like to see it.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Babadinho

how to disable simple portal from adk blog.... :(

davidhs

Quote from: davidhs on January 29, 2012, 02:49:49 PM
I attach package for Spanish translation of SimplePortal 2.3.4 (based of translation 2.3.3 + new strings)

Edit: Some string was incorrect. I correct these in new attachment.

Angelina Belle

davidhs, Thanks for the translation.  I have notified the team at http://www.simpleportal.net  I hope someone will be able to evaluate it soon.

Thank you!
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Fed Drago

It appears that I can not uninstall 2.3.4 RC1  from 2.02 Simple machine version without getting this error.

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Uninstall Actions "SimplePortal"
Remove all data associated with this modification. [Details]
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
      Type    Action    Description
*    1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./index.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./index.php    Test successful
      3.    Replace    ./index.php    Test successful

Simple Machine then give me error code with white screen and I can not do anything. Its a good thing that I back up LOL

Suggestions please

Cheers
Fed

Angelina Belle

It sounds like you have installed something since you installed Simple Portal, and this makes it difficult to run the uninstaller for Simple Portal.  This is a common problem when more than one mod is changing the same part of an SMF file.

One way to get around this problem is to uninstall all mods in reverse order that you installed them, until you come down to Simple Portal. If the install worked in that order, then the uninstall should work in the reverse order.

Another, more complicated option, involves the manual install instructions that you can find using the little pencil icon on each of the failed tests (as well as on the customize website -- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1104;attach=190525;smf_version=2.0.2).  Although this is not strictly a SimplePortal problem, there is some documentation of this at the Simple Portal website: http://simpleportal.net/index.php?action=docs;area=solving_install_problems

I am not certain what caused the white screen.  Did you attempt the uninstall despite the errors?

Fed Drago

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on February 02, 2012, 11:16:02 AM
It sounds like you have installed something since you installed Simple Portal, and this makes it difficult to run the uninstaller for Simple Portal.  This is a common problem when more than one mod is changing the same part of an SMF file.

One way to get around this problem is to uninstall all mods in reverse order that you installed them, until you come down to Simple Portal. If the install worked in that order, then the uninstall should work in the reverse order.

Another, more complicated option, involves the manual install instructions that you can find using the little pencil icon on each of the failed tests (as well as on the customize website -- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1104;attach=190525;smf_version=2.0.2).  Although this is not strictly a SimplePortal problem, there is some documentation of this at the Simple Portal website: http://simpleportal.net/index.php?action=docs;area=solving_install_problems

I am not certain what caused the white screen.  Did you attempt the uninstall despite the errors?

Problem solved  :)

I used the webupdate here from SMF and after the program finished all my Mods where uninstalled for me. I then installed the 2.3.4. new final version and bingo it installed like a dream.

Thank you for your help.
Cheers
Fed

pixeleyes

How to change topic color in recent post and top boards blocks?

I want separate color than default board text color.

SMF 2.0.1
SP 2.3.3

BCK

hi..can someone tell me where to set and or how to use the ignore or whisper etc in the shout,,,I set up the shoutbox from the simpleportal andf see no way to use or set any features

Chen Zhen

Quote from: BCK on February 04, 2012, 08:33:26 PM
hi..can someone tell me where to set and or how to use the ignore or whisper etc in the shout,,,I set up the shoutbox from the simpleportal andf see no way to use or set any features

Hello Mr. BCK!
For whispering...
@Username: pssst.. yada yada

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

BCK

hey...thx...how you been
didnt work..all can still see?
you still have ASK???

Chen Zhen

Quote from: BCK on February 04, 2012, 08:50:10 PM
hey...thx...how you been

Gingerface, baby & I are doing well!  ;)  I hope all is well with you & the family.
.. looking for my p/w to your site now to  pay a visit..
yes.. follow the link in sig or the globe to the left.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Angelina Belle

pixeleyes -- have a look at the block styling features.  You can add something specific like background-color in that way.

jenny loo who?!

So, I have a small issue. When I use the html tag in a post, simple portal goes all wonky. I will attach an image to show you what I mean. How do I fix that?

Robert.

Can you post the full code you're using in that block?

jenny loo who?!

[html]<table style="text-align:center;margin: 5px auto;"><tr><td>
<div style="font-size: 40px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px; padding:-5px;margin-right:10px;margin-left:10px;">MALES</div>
<br>
<div style="background:#eee; text-align:center;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:10px;padding:10px 5px;font-size:10px;width:230px;">

<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">ABCD</div><br>
&raquo; <b>LAST NAME,</b> first --- Character Name<br />
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">EFGH</div><br>
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">IJKL</div><br>
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">MNOP</div><br>
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">QRST</div><br>
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">UVWX</div><br>
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">YZ</div><br>

</div></td><td>
<div style="font-size: 40px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px;margin-bottom:-5px;margin-left:10px;margin-right:10px;padding:-5px;">FEMALES</div>
<br>
<div style="background:#eee; text-align:center;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius: 20px; margin:10px;padding:10px 5px; font-size:10px;width:230px;">

<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">ABCD</div><br>
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">EFGH</div><br>
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">IJKL</div><br>
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">MNOP</div><br>
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">QRST</div><br>
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">UVWX</div><br>
<br>
<div style="font-size: 45px; font-family: arial black; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -5px;margin-bottom:-10px;">YZ</div><br>

</div></td></tr>

<tr><td colspan="2"><div style="background:#eee; text-align:center;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius: 20px; margin:10px;padding:10px 5px; font-size:10px;"><center>TEMPLATE BY <a href="http://twitter.com/designsbyrevo" style="text-decoration:none;">Revo.</a> of <a href="http://z10.invisionfree.com/A_THOUSAND_FIREFLIES/index.php?showuser=2133" style="text-decoration:none;">ATF</a>  & <a href="http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?showuser=6066" style="text-decoration:none;">RPG-D</a>!</center></div>
<td></tr></table>
[/html]

That is all it is.

Inti31

hmmh - i tried that in my testforum (http://inti31.cwsurf.de/) - but I used that topic as article... - it looks well...

okay - it will work only when the article character limit is set to 0 - if you set a value (e.g. 300) it looks not good...
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

MrCreatoR

When you try to visit a deleted topic on the forum, you get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sp_embed_image() in /forum/full/path/Sources/Load.php(2284) : eval()'d code on line 233

Any ideas on how to fix it?

NanoSector

Quote from: MrCreatoR on February 22, 2012, 07:01:07 AM
When you try to visit a deleted topic on the forum, you get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sp_embed_image() in /forum/full/path/Sources/Load.php(2284) : eval()'d code on line 233

Any ideas on how to fix it?
How can you even visit a deleted topic? ???
Or do you have a recycling board?

Also, if you are still running SMF 2.0 RC1.2, you should upgrade to 2.0.2 straight away.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: