News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4b11l

Quote from: 4b11l on October 05, 2009, 03:55:15 PM
Has anyone been able to add a link to the post profile that will show the given/commented reputations as a # count?

So, it will link to their rep page when clicked.
http://site/index.php?action=profile;area=reputation;u=1

Or, if anyone can show me how to make the url link to the members profile when clicked; I can add it myself to the display template I guess if the above is not possible.

Additionally, new error.
Division by zero
File: /public_html/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1124

Which pertains to:
$power = ($points - ($points % $modSettings['karmaBarPower'])) / $modSettings['karmaBarPower'];

bump

Fustrate

4b11l: You'd need to edit Display.template.php, if you attach it here I might be able to do it for you. As for the error, can you post a screenshot of your reputation settings page?

sremick: I'll work on writing one up... I wrote that over a year ago when I was a bit of a noob :P if you're talking about disabling negative reputation, just don't give anyone the permission to do it. As an administrator, you'll always be able to, but none of your members will. Also, have you tried ?action=reputation ? I can't remember, but I think it shows the full list... shows you how much I've been paying attention to my own code lately :( oh and I'll add "require a comment" in the next version

shellniger: you'd need to edit Karma.php and find $power, and just set it to 5... see if that helps. If you're unsure of how to do this, you can post the file here and I'll try to do it for you :)
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

4b11l

Quote from: Fustrate on October 11, 2009, 04:24:37 PM
4b11l: You'd need to edit Display.template.php, if you attach it here I might be able to do it for you. As for the error, can you post a screenshot of your reputation settings page?

Thank you. My file is attached here along with the screenshot also.

kapitaliser

Great Job, Fustrate! :D

kapitaliser

I'm having a problem with this mod, when I Click Profile, and then click view reputation, the result is "Can't find template 'reputation', how fix this problem? thanks

Vyache

First I checked if this was compatible with my forum version SMF 2.0 RC2.1 and it said no, but I checked it said on the download that it is. Okay so I download it and try to install it and it tells me that version is currupt or isn't compatible. This is the 1.8 version.

What should I do?

Let me know,
Take Care.

AjaxChat - SMF 2.0 RC2 Edition Download.
mrtrc266 ~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~

LuminaRS

Tired to install this on 1.1.10 (Permissions on display.php are 0777) and got this error:
10.  Execute Modification  ./Sources/Display.php  Test failed

I tried to manually modify using the manual install instructions for 1.1.10 but get this error for everything:
Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version.

vortodox

Quote from: Sebis on September 23, 2009, 06:45:00 PM
Error while Uninstall (smf 1.1.10)
Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Failed

and:

Can't DROP 'karma_disabled'; check that column/key exists
File: /home/micracl/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/uninstall.php
line: 29

Could you please help to uninstall mod?

I do not have any other karma mods installed

Thanks

I have the same problem, I would apriciate some help.
www.bg-anime.com [nofollow]

XaiXo

I've been using the mod on my forum for a short while now (about a month), and things were all going well until a member informed me that the heart icon doesn't show, and thusly he can't give rep...

It's not an image location problem, as I (the admin) can see it and give rep freely. I've enabled Karma modification, and changed everyone's permissions to allow it as well, but alas, still no change.

Please help me out, cheers.

kapitaliser

I tried to manually modify using the manual install instructions for 1.1.10 but get this error for everything:
Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version.

You must select "reputation_1-1-x_0-1-5.zip", and then select the version smf 1.1.10, and click parse. that's work for me.

Sebis

Quote from: vortodox on October 15, 2009, 04:36:28 PM

and:

Thanks

no help from developer yet  :(

kapitaliser

Quote from: kapitaliser on October 13, 2009, 11:54:00 PM
I'm having a problem with this mod, when I Click Profile, and then click view reputation, the result is "Can't find template 'reputation', how fix this problem? thanks
BUMP, BUMP

when I click htxp://www.domain.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2;sa=reputation, error, can't find template 'reputation'

kapitaliser

Quote from: Sebis on October 16, 2009, 07:39:18 AM
Quote from: vortodox on October 15, 2009, 04:36:28 PM

and:

Thanks

no help from developer yet  :(

have you uninstall it manually?

Sebis

Fustrate

4b11l
I'm not sure why you're getting a divide by zero error, none of your settings are off like that. Also, your Display template is attached - I used a hardcoded text string, but it can easily be changed to a translatable string if you'd like. I wasn't quite sure what you wanted, but I think this was it - if not, could you clarify further?

kapitaliser
If you look in Profile.template.php, is the a line that has template_reputation on it?

Vyache
v1.8 is for 2.0 RC2, but I left v1.7.5 up for 2.0 RC1.2

XaiXo
Ask him to do a hard refresh - ctrl-shift-r (cmd-shift-r on a mac). Are all of your members having this problem, or just him?

Sebis & vortodox
I think I know what the problem is - go into your database using phpMyAdmin (What is phpMyAdmin?) and see if there's a karma_disabled column in smf_members (or whatever your db_prefix is instead of smf_). If it's not there, try running this query and then uninstalling:
ALTER TABLE smf_members
ADD karma_disabled TINYINT(3) NOT NULL default '0'

with your db_prefix in place of smf_ if needed.
Steven Hoffman

XaiXo

Quote from: Fustrate on October 16, 2009, 12:40:41 PM
Ask him to do a hard refresh - ctrl-shift-r (cmd-shift-r on a mac). Are all of your members having this problem, or just him?

All of them, including me on a test account.

Fustrate

Hmm... can you set up a temporary admin account and PM me the login details, so I can see if I can find the problem?
Steven Hoffman

kapitaliser

yes, there is a function template_reputation(), these two files(Profiles.template.php and Profile.php), you can look it. thanks fustrate,

shellniger

Quote from: Fustrate on October 11, 2009, 04:24:37 PM
shellniger: you'd need to edit Karma.php and find $power, and just set it to 5... see if that helps. If you're unsure of how to do this, you can post the file here and I'll try to do it for you :)

Hi Fustrate, I have opened the file (karma.php) & look for $power, but I really didn't know which part to edit.

$power is found on line 235 & 236

Please help me to do it. Thanks & appreciate it very much.

kapitaliser

My Problem is solved, Profile.template.php is placed on my theme, not default theme.
Thanks for Frustrate, the creator this mod. I can't find a word how to thank you, thanks very much. :D

Advertisement: