News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Images On Board

Started by Bulakbol, June 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apc73

Problem with 2.0 beta 4

Seemed to install OK, but would not work?
I uninstalled the mod and the config for the boards is messed up

have a look at the attached pic

apc73

Sorted

I uninstalled all mods
copied over

ManageBoards.template.php
ManageSettings.english.php

reinstalled the mods and everything is back to normal

Sabre™

Hi JohnyB :)

Good mod mate, cheers for sharing.

My custom theme has two settings, to show the boards normal, and to show them as tabs.
I have figured out how to make this visible when you select to view as tabs, but cannot figure out how to add the images to the normal structure.
I end up with my structure all over the place lol

Could you take a look at my template please?
I have removed the code from the first instance(normal view), but have left it where the tab view is, so you can see what Im talking about.

Thank You in advance :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Bulakbol

Hi Sabre. I'll get back to you.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Sabre™

Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Bulakbol

Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Sabre™

Brilliant mate!
Works perfect! :D

Thanks for that Johny :)

Bulakbol

SlipperyDuck

Hi Jonny,

Phew been busy too, I don't expect a fast response, but I'd really apreciate help.
Your Mod seems aweseome and I'd love to have it work on my site so I've attached the Theme.

Was from:
http://www.7dana.com/download/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=48 [nofollow]

I inherited this forum/community from someone, so the theme was not my choice, so I have to adapt to it as it is almost a brandname - the theme colours etc.

Anyways, take your time, I'm sure you have more important things to deal with ;)

katb

Jonny,

I have one doubt , how can i link a image inside my forum folder...in  your example you are give a url link image..i mean http://somesite.com/image.jpg . My  question is how can i specify if image is uploaded under my forum..is it possible to give a absolute or relative path like /forum/default/boardonimage/imgae.jpg or
forum/default/boardonimage/imgae.jpg  . Because if i specift image as url it will not work on my forum..i have some security settings  for image hot linking . OR is it possible to upload a image on board creation, like users doing in their profile display image option.

Thanks in advance.

Bulakbol

@slipperyduck
I'll check your theme later.

@katb
Images should be in default/images/ImagesOnBoard folder. Sorry but that's the way it is. Only the link that you can use url.

katb

Quote from: JohnyB on September 19, 2008, 05:07:47 AM

@katb
Images should be in default/images/ImagesOnBoard folder. Sorry but that's the way it is. Only the link that you can use url.

thanks for your reply jhony.. if you can... please keep my request in mind, like use a path inside the forum( url linking have lot problems), hope you will include this in future release

Bulakbol

I'll add it to my "todo" list for future version. Thanks.

expertsarena

Hello Johny iam getting error while installing iam using 1.1.6

Type     Action     Description

1.    Execute Code    ImagesOnBoardDB115.php    
2.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default/images/ImagesOnBoard    
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/MessageIndex.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/dilbermc/BoardIndex.template.php    Skipping file
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/dilbermc/MessageIndex.template.php    Skipping file
12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/babylon/BoardIndex.template.php    Skipping file
13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/babylon/MessageIndex.template.php    Skipping file
14.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/classic/BoardIndex.template.php    Skipping file
15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/classic/MessageIndex.template.php    Skipping file
16.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/shinyblue115/BoardIndex.template.php    Skipping file
17.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/shinyblue115/MessageIndex.template.php    Skipping file
18.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
19.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
20.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.german.php    Skipping file
21.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish.php    Skipping file
Why not? Register and Support meMy Techsupport forum

GREAT PEOPLE WONT DO BIG THINGS THEY DO SMALL THING IN GREAT WAY

Bulakbol

@slipperyduck
BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php of your theme attached.

@expertsarena
Attach your BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php to your next post if you want me to edit it for you.

expertsarena

Ok i have attach thanks for helping me

EDIT:No Prob i find my self Thanks Johny
Why not? Register and Support meMy Techsupport forum

GREAT PEOPLE WONT DO BIG THINGS THEY DO SMALL THING IN GREAT WAY

HappyChinchilla

Hi Johny B,

I am new to SMF. Would you please show me how to install this mod? I am using Dilber MC theme. I tried installing it using the package manager, but it failed. I tried editing the files myself, but they dont seem to work. I read the messages posted on this board, and am very confused. Would you please have me?

Thanks in advance.

lapinette

Hi everyone,

I just modify the code as following the instruction, but when i lauch the installation program, the notice is " file permission is not correct, pls use the function chmod to change it (sth. like this...)", i tried to change all the files concerned such as :

/Sources
Subs-Boards.php
BoardIndex.php
ManageBoards.php
MessageIndex.php

/Theme/Cennetbahcesi
BoardIndex.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php

/Theme.default/languages
Modifications.english.php
Modifications.chinese-simplified-utf8.php

above files: chmod 777

I don't know why system give me this kind of the notice, pls help!!

Tks

Kadimi

Nice mod,

I suggest that you update it to work for LTR languages.

On the XML installation files replace
echo '<div style="float:'left'; margin-right: 4px;">';

with this
echo '<div style="float:'.($context['right_to_left']? 'right' : 'left').'; margin-'.($context['right_to_left']? 'left' : 'right').': 4px;">';
Currently working on http://www.ommahat.com/ a forum for successful mothers
My blog: http://www.kadimi.com/en/

I AM Legend

Hi All,
I installed the Images On Board 1.1 mod, went on fine no issues, got the hang of it and have images now on my board.
My question is this, when I click on an image ie: (image for jokes) it goes to the jokes corner, but it opens the jokes in a new window.
What html code do i need to use to stay within the board index not going to a new window?.

Thanks All.

Advertisement: