Pretty URLs

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 31, 2007, 10:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacX

Quote from: Dannii on November 08, 2008, 08:52:51 AM
That shouldn't matter at all.

So... why can't i enter in the forum with the 1st url?
It appears a 405 (if i dont remember bad) error. The one of the internal server error.

With the 2nd link i told you it doesnt appear. With the 2nd link i can enter in my forum.

Dannii

What's the real urls?
Have you asked your host for info about the 405?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

MacX

Quote from: Dannii on November 08, 2008, 10:42:13 AM
What's the real urls?
What do you mean.
What is the url they seen in the mail?

I think they are the old ones. Nothing changes there.

Quote from: Dannii on November 08, 2008, 10:42:13 AM
Have you asked your host for info about the 405?
Sorry, it was the 500 error.
Server internal error. I configured the error page, but all is ok, only gives that error when something is bad.

Dannii

Can you give me some real URLs rather than mywebpage.com??

Okay, well ask your host about the 500!
And you checked the Apache error log?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

MacX

Quote from: Dannii on November 08, 2008, 10:52:07 PM
Can you give me some real URLs rather than mywebpage.com??
Ok.
Url given in the e-mail (the old ones):
http://www.my web page.com/foro/index.php?topic=3050.new;topicseen#new

Url where user is redirect when he clicks in that url:
http://www.mywebpage.com/foro/polvora/como-se-hace-polvora-negra/new/?PHPSESSID=0e2467fc80204045a4f0fffcc4239035;topicseen

Ok, this last URL sends a 500 message error in my server and you cant enter in the forum.
If i pus it like this, no error is send:
http://www.todopetardos.com/foro/polvora/como-se-hace-polvora-negra/new/?topicseen;PHPSESSID=0e2467fc80204045a4f0fffcc4239035

Okay, well ask your host about the 500!
What do you want me to ask them?
I have never have any problem with 500 error.

And you checked the Apache error log?
Did you mean this?

[09/Nov/2008:10:42:41 -0500] "GET /foro/electronica-en-pirotecnia/la-maldita-nana-de-acerito/msg9881/?PHPSESSID=2ef23e5de94ee16c8292e2e1301cf311;topicseen HTTP/1.0" 500 1277 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp)"

PD: i put again not real url

glennk

This is now fixed. It appears you have to put the pretty urls mod in place beofre you put the tag mod in. All working well now. Ill leave my question here incase anyone else runs into the same issue.

Hi Eldacar,

I ran into a few problems oin smf 2b4. My tagging mod has stopped working. When I hit on the tag button in the main menu it directs to my homepage. And when I hit on a tag link that goes to homepage too.

At the tag support forum it has been suggested this may be linked to the pretty urls mod.

How likely is this ?  and can you suggest a fix ?

Best fishes as always - Glenn

dannyd

after I installed it, it converted all my urls to SEO friendly which works great. I added new pages since which aren't seo friendly. Where do I make changes to make sure the new urls get changed to SEO friendly ?

Thanks,

Dan.

Dannii

MacX, well 500 errors generally indicate that something other than PHP is causing a problem. Your hosts might be able to tell you what it is.

QuoteDid you mean this?

[09/Nov/2008:10:42:41 -0500] "GET /foro/electronica-en-pirotecnia/la-maldita-nana-de-acerito/msg9881/?PHPSESSID=2ef23e5de94ee16c8292e2e1301cf311;topicseen HTTP/1.0" 500 1277 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp)"
No, I think that's the access log.

Quote from: dannyd on November 09, 2008, 11:41:24 PMafter I installed it, it converted all my urls to SEO friendly which works great. I added new pages since which aren't seo friendly. Where do I make changes to make sure the new urls get changed to SEO friendly ?

Thanks,

Dan.
What kind of new pages? New actions? Try running maintenance.

MacX

Quote from: Dannii on November 10, 2008, 07:43:15 AM
MacX, well 500 errors generally indicate that something other than PHP is causing a problem. Your hosts might be able to tell you what it is.

Ok, i asked my hosting support.
They tell me that i am jumping the mod_segurity rule:
#PHP defenses
SecRule ARGS:PHPSESSID "!^[0-9a-z]*$"

They told me that is a segurity system that filters attacks and malicious request.
They said that it is assumed that a PHP session should contain ONLY those characters in brackets. By putting ;topics at the end is interpreting that the semicolon form part of the php session, and that is not correct.

So?

bjraines

was tthere every a fix for this

smf_scripturl 404 errors

i use the sitemap mod not the index generator

thanks

Quote from: Dannii on September 13, 2008, 11:16:04 PM
Quote from: mark7144 on September 13, 2008, 08:51:50 AMThe way I did my redirect was correct but your mod seems to mess it up... I tried your way but it gave a Internal Server Error.
Maybe try using a RewriteRule with R=301?

Quote from: axlarry on September 13, 2008, 12:59:34 PMAfter reading this whole thread, I believe the biggest problem in PrettyUrls is 500 Internal Server Error.
My forum is getting this error  even more frequently now. Members are also getting the same error. Sometimes I need to refresh a page to load correctly.
Can you please have a look on this please?
Well I've never experienced this myself, and noone's been able to give any helpful info, except possibly that the video embedding mod is the problem. Do you have it installed?

Quote from: Lavarinth on September 13, 2008, 05:30:07 PM
Quote from: Dannii on September 12, 2008, 04:44:13 AM
Quote from: Lavarinth on September 11, 2008, 04:48:54 PM
So I read your past, Dannii, and went ahead with the install, and in an attempt to "maintain" the site and forum I've been running a Site Index Generator on it, and was not sure whether the following issue was related to the mod or the forum theme:

Every thread page returns a 404 on the following two URLs:
www.site.com/forum/board/thread/smf_images_url
www.site.com/forum/board/thread/smf_scripturl
www.site.com/forum/board/thread/##/smf_images_url
www.site.com/forum/board/thread/##/smf_scripturl
www.site.com/forum/board/thread/msg###/smf_images_url
www.site.com/forum/board/thread/msg###/smf_scripturl
etc.

I checked the source of any thread page, and the following is set:

var smf_images_url = "http://www.campaigncreations.org/forum/Themes/CampaignCreations/images";
var smf_scripturl = "http://www.campaigncreations.org/forum/index.php";

Which, based on my site and theme, are proper to my knowledge.

I don't recall experiencing this issue before, when creating a site index through a generator. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
What's a "site index generator"??

Haha, alright- A site index generator creates a sitemap.xml used by Google, Yahoo, etc. (You upload it on your FTP to be read.) It uses webcrawlers to go to each page and follow links within those pages as well so long as they remain on your domain, sometimes links even we don't see (it searches source code). So, for some reason, it's spotting links to the URLs I listed, but it's returning those links as 404 (those pages don't exist), typically caused by a missing page (ex: page123.html no longer there) or the folder has no pages and no index page (index.php/html/asp). However, the variables smf_images_url and smf_scripturl redirect to the pages specified, one being a folder (with no index, just images, likely fixable) another being the forum index. Chances are instead of using these variables, I believe instead it's creating a blank URL instead of actually redirecting, but I could (and most likely am) wrong.
It looks like the generator has been written badly... have you tried the sitemap mod?

Quote from: runebergen on September 13, 2008, 05:50:47 PM

I moved forum to a new server that is going live soon...

but the pretty url filters are all wrong now, and i cant even log in...

Is there a way to turn off pretty urls without logging in as admin, such as through mysql.. ?
You can, by setting pretty_enabled_filters to 0. Also, check that pretty_root_url is correct.

Dannii

Quote from: MacX on November 10, 2008, 11:17:07 AM
Ok, i asked my hosting support.
They tell me that i am jumping the mod_segurity rule:
#PHP defenses
SecRule ARGS:PHPSESSID "!^[0-9a-z]*$"

They told me that is a segurity system that filters attacks and malicious request.
They said that it is assumed that a PHP session should contain ONLY those characters in brackets. By putting ;topics at the end is interpreting that the semicolon form part of the php session, and that is not correct.

So?
Is there a way you can change that rule to add the ;, or will they change it for you?
I'm sorry, but I'm going overseas in less than a week and don't have time to look into changing the email code.

Quote from: bjraines on November 10, 2008, 03:12:08 PMwas tthere every a fix for this

smf_scripturl 404 errors

i use the sitemap mod not the index generator

thanks
I'm sorry but I don't have the time to help with someone else's mod. You'll have to ask the mod's author to fix it.

Dannii

Well did you manually edit .htaccess? Someone must have to remove the RewriteEngine On line.

Dannii

I'm pleased to announce the formal release of Pretty URLs 0.9. Get it on the mod's page, or the Google Code site. I strongly recommend that everyone upgrade ASAP.

And with that, I'll be unable to support this mod until mid-January. Many of the SMF Team have volunteered to help provide support though, so big thanks go to them!

Pedja

This mod does not support Serbian language. Here is modified Subs-PrettyUrls.php (from v0.9) that provides full support for Serbian Latin and Cyrillic alphabet. The only change is in $characterHash.

I hope this will be included in official release.

indonesia

How to make htaccess redirection from SEO4SMF to pretty URLs?

Solved :D
Adding this line on htaccess...
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t([0-9]*)\.([0-9]*)\.html$ /index.php?topic=$2.$3 [R=301,L]
WarnetForum.com using SMF since 2007

Dannii

indonesia

Quote from: Dannii on November 13, 2008, 12:15:12 AM
Use the extras pacakge.

I have edited htaccess manually.. :D

Now, how to upgrade to 0.9? do i have to uninstall previous version or just overwrite?
WarnetForum.com using SMF since 2007

Dannii

August_Shade

I have instaled Pretty URL when my forum was still in localhost, then, when i moved it to the host, the link where still localhost/forum.

How do i fix it and turn the urls to be show as www.mysite.org/forum ?
Thx!
See ya!

Zepia1

If I uninstall do I have to re submit my sitemap to google again or will it catch up automatically?

Advertisement: