News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Simple Machines Restructuring

Started by LiroyvH, January 19, 2010, 01:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Especially when you consider my first post was April 9th, 2009 - yes, that means I've been posting for just under 10 months.

Orstio

Quote from: smp420 on January 20, 2010, 11:16:43 PM
Actually last post was October 20, 2009 and Arantor isn't far away from catching up to [Unkown] in posts

Yeah, but Arantor wasn't writing SMF 1.0 while making all of his posts. ;)

catfished

I remember when I converted my IPB forum to SMF and joined this community, [Unknown] was one of the first people to reply to my support requests. Another one I remember is Oldiesman.

Considering how long I've been a member of this community (Date Registered:December 06, 2004) and my post count, I guess I'm the opposite of a "POSTWHORE". I'm still trying to get past Junior Member status.
You use and like this forum software? Then show your appreciation and support by becoming a Charter Member.

CatfishEd.com

Arantor

True enough, though in that 9 months I did also release 45 (small) mods.

And my posting has slowed down while I write SimpleDesk.

hadesflames

I think it's great Kindred got promoted to Project Manager. My mind is actually a bit at ease now that I know someone who is, IMO, trustworthy, is now PM.

Congratulations Kindred! ^_^

Garou

Its nice to know that whatever happens, in the end SMF will strive to continue to be the best and then to be even better.

gisfreak

hem, i hope for the best.  ;D

stick to this thread... ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

bloc

Quote from: hadesflames on January 20, 2010, 11:37:15 PM
I think it's great Kindred got promoted to Project Manager. My mind is actually a bit at ease now that I know someone who is, IMO, trustworthy, is now PM.

Congratulations Kindred! ^_^

Indeed, lets hope he's not alone in wanting to get changes done. A team after all, are only the sum of its parts - not just one person.

Jorin

Quote from: Kindred on January 20, 2010, 05:27:20 PM
One outcome of this [...] will lead to other projects under the SimpleMachines umbrella.

Congratulations.

Will this mean there is a chance to build a better base for the contact between Simple Machines LLC and local support forums for SMF?

CultureGlue

Quote from: Orstio on January 19, 2010, 01:25:10 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_of_silence_(expression)

QuoteAvoidance of recognition of some problem - for example Gulf War syndrome or the like - in order to officially bury (hide) a possible problem and thus avoid accusations, investigations or liability.

Have a nice day.  :)
Is Echelon working on SMF?

Kindred

I am not sure what you mean Jorin...   There is only one official SMF support site, and that is simplemachines.org. There may be other sites which run SMF and know about programming in PHP and/or support SMF mods and themes. However, all official SMF support comes from this site.

CultureGlue,  Echelon?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CultureGlue

I quoted the first reply in this topic.. And the topicstarter tried to explain why smf is not open source. If you look at the first reply you can see he is suspicious about that fact.

Echelon is a project to monitor us all! Cellphones, creditcardinfo, surfing, surveillance camera, what we buy

Big Brothers real name

And it is real!

Jorin

Quote from: Kindred on January 21, 2010, 08:28:01 AM
There may be other sites which run SMF and know about programming in PHP and/or support SMF mods and themes. However, all official SMF support comes from this site.

Yeah, I know that. I only wish there could be more than just a friendly ignorating of these sites. Maybe a list in the admin control center with links to the best known sites for portals, themes and such. Or a list here at your site. Or any possible kind of working together, sharing (personal) ressources and ideas for coming releases.

That's what I meant. Not really necessary, but would be nice to have and could give a feeling of community without borders.  ;)

Garou

Generally the best known sites for portals, themes and such would be here at SMF itself. There are support threads for every 3rd party modification that has been officially submitted to, tested by, and deemed stable by SMF. There should be no need to go anyplace else for support and no way for SMF to monitor it.

That said if a developer is providing support for something they have created on another site for sometimes valid reasons they  will provide a link within their profile, the support page, and or in the distribution package itself.

Jorin

Sure, you're right. Maybe really the best way, as all modifications are here in the download sector and also have their own support thread.

babjusi

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on January 20, 2010, 10:54:54 PM

Anyway...I don't know who Unknown is. Sounds like he's a legendary around here...

He is the God of Smf.

~DS~

Quote from: babjusi on January 21, 2010, 10:29:29 AM

Anyway...I don't know who Unknown is. Sounds like he's a legendary around here...

He is the God of Smf.
Because...? He post alot, he's from the dev team, he help people?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Özgür

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on January 21, 2010, 11:34:58 AM
Quote from: babjusi on January 21, 2010, 10:29:29 AM

He is the God of Smf.
Because...? He post alot, he's from the dev team, he help people?
No. He is the chosen one. (just kidding). :)
Look at : http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=208875.20
So Long

godboko

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on January 20, 2010, 07:38:59 PM
Quote from: Daydreamer on January 20, 2010, 06:12:30 PM
the team itself making these changes intentionally or this change is a decision forced by outside the team? I'm not clearly understand that.

Change was forced on the team :( .

Joke?
Thank you,
Robert aka godboko

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: godboko on January 21, 2010, 11:38:13 AM
Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on January 20, 2010, 07:38:59 PM
Quote from: Daydreamer on January 20, 2010, 06:12:30 PM
the team itself making these changes intentionally or this change is a decision forced by outside the team? I'm not clearly understand that.

Change was forced on the team :( .

Joke?

No.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: