SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

lol, then I will pass.

Question, though, is it possible, if someone doesn't provide a description for a picture upload, it states ... Description: No description provided, Instead of being left blank ... Description:

???

snooks

Not sure how to upgrade when i try and uninstall the older version i got a error strongly recommending i dont carry on, should i just replace the two files mentioned in your post vbgamer45 ?
thanks

balou

Hello, thanks for a great photogallery!
But would like to ask you if there is any possibility to show random or latest photos on forum home/index page?

Would really need this feature!

Thank you

vbgamer45

Quote from: snooks on June 07, 2011, 02:18:03 AM
Not sure how to upgrade when i try and uninstall the older version i got a error strongly recommending i dont carry on, should i just replace the two files mentioned in your post vbgamer45 ?
thanks
Just replace the two files.
If SMF 1.1.x
Copy Gallery.template.php to themes/default
Copy Gallery.php to Sources/
If SMF 2.0.x
Copy Gallery2.template.php to themes/default
Copy Gallery2.php to Sources/
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

timetraveller

Quote from: balou on June 07, 2011, 05:59:12 AM
But would like to ask you if there is any possibility to show random or latest photos on forum home/index page?

Thank you

I use SimplePortal for my homepage and it's one of the block options, so it's definitely possible :)

snooks

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 07, 2011, 06:33:28 AM
Quote from: snooks on June 07, 2011, 02:18:03 AM
thanks
Just replace the two files.
If SMF 1.1.x
Copy Gallery.template.php to themes/default
Copy Gallery.php to Sources/
If SMF 2.0.x
Copy Gallery2.template.php to themes/default
Copy Gallery2.php to Sources/

Perfect thank you !!

vbgamer45

Quote from: shuban on June 07, 2011, 12:21:17 AM
lol, then I will pass.

Question, though, is it possible, if someone doesn't provide a description for a picture upload, it states ... Description: No description provided, Instead of being left blank ... Description:

???
Maybe just not show the description field at all in that case
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Biology Forums

You could do that as well, what would you have to do for both?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Biology Forums

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 07, 2011, 05:34:23 PM
I can do it for next update.

Could you show me though? Or are you just not interested right now, if so, it's okay, I will figure it out myself.

vbgamer45

It would be in the gallery.template.php in template_view_picture function you can do an empty() check on the descripton or show a text string if needed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Biology Forums

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 07, 2011, 08:27:25 PM
It would be in the gallery.template.php in template_view_picture function you can do an empty() check on the descripton or show a text string if needed.

I guess it would be something like, if empty echo nothing, else, description; On the same note, I also noticed that the comments box shows "Comments" and nothing underneath during guest view (assuming that no one has posted a comment on the picture); why not just remove the whole comments box there are not comments and the user viewing is not logged in. I will look at that later.

But thanks.

balou

Would this be easy to configurate? To be able to show this photos on first page? Do I need to uninstall the photogallery smf lite?

Quote from: timetraveller on June 07, 2011, 07:26:03 AM

Thank you

I use SimplePortal for my homepage and it's one of the block options, so it's definitely possible :)

vbgamer45

Quote from: balou on June 08, 2011, 04:49:29 AM
Would this be easy to configurate? To be able to show this photos on first page? Do I need to uninstall the photogallery smf lite?

Quote from: timetraveller on June 07, 2011, 07:26:03 AM

Thank you

Easy to setup if you use a portal like SimplePortal or ezPortal no need to uninstall

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Biology Forums

Here's the code to do this:

if ($context['gallery_pic']['description'] != '')

echo '

<b>' . $txt['gallery_form_description'] . ' </b>' . (parse_bbc($context['gallery_pic']['description'])  ). '';

else '';

echo '';

Enjoy :)

vbgamer45

Thanks for the post should be helpful for others!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Inti31

I like your gallery...

My forum version is 2 rc 5 german-utf-8 / the gallery: http://epica-forum.de/index.php?action=gallery
addition: I just finished installing the new version '305de' in my test forum: http://aida32-inventory.netboom.de/smf/index.php?action=gallery

by the way:
Iwould be glad if you could include the attached german-utf8 language translation file and  in the next release and
also the german-utf8 strings (code snippets) in smf2gallery.xml - thank you...

I did that just for rc5...

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.german-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end"></search>
<add><![CDATA[
//Begin SMF Gallery Text Strings
$txt['smfgallery_title'] = 'Galerie';
$txt['smfgallery_menu'] = 'Galerie';
$txt['smfgallery_version'] = '3.0.5 Lite';
$txt['smfgallery_admin'] = 'Konfiguration';

//Permissions
$txt['permissiongroup_smfgallery'] = 'SMF Galerie';
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_smfgallery'] = 'Nutze die SMF Galerie.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_view'] = 'Zeige SMF Galerie';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_view'] = 'Erlaube den Mitgliedern dieser Gruppe die Galerie aufzurufen';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_view'] = 'Es ist Dir nicht erlaubt die Galerie aufzurufen';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_add'] = 'Bilder hinzuf&#252;gen';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_add'] = 'Erlaube den Mitgliedern dieser Gruppe Bilder hinzuzuf&#252;gen.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_add'] = 'Es ist Dir nicht erlaubt Bilder hinzuzuf&#252;gen.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Eigene Bilder editieren';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Erlaube den Mitgliedern dieser Gruppe ihre eigenen Bilder zu editieren.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Es ist Dir nicht erlaubt Bilder zu editieren.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Eigene Bilder l&#246;schen';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Erlaube den Mitgliedern dieser Gruppe ihre eigenen Bilder zu l&#246;schen.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Es ist Dir nicht erlaubt Bilder zu l&#246;schen.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Kommentare verfassen';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Erlaube den Mitgliedern dieser Gruppe Bilder zu kommentieren.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Es ist Dir nicht erlaubt Kommentare zu schreiben.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_report'] = 'Bilder/Kommentare melden';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_report'] = 'Erlaube den Mitgliedern dieser Gruppe Bilder/Kommentare zu melden.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_report'] = 'Es ist Dir nicht erlaubt Inhalte zu melden.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Automatische Genehmigung aktivieren';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Hochgeladene Bilder von Mitgliedern dieser Gruppe bed&#252;rfen keiner Genehmigung.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Galerie verwalten';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Erteile Mitgliedern dieser Gruppe Vollzugriff auf s&#228;mtliche Sicherheitseinstellungen der Galerie (not recommended)';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Es ist Dir nicht erlaubt die Galerie im Gesamten zu verwalten.';

$txt['gallery_form_managecats'] = 'Kategorien verwalten';
$txt['gallery_form_approveimages'] = 'zu genehmigende Bilder';
$txt['gallery_form_reportimages'] = 'gemeldete Bilder';
$txt['gallery_text_settings'] = 'Einstellungen';
//END SMF Gallery Text Strings
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Who.german-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation error="ignore">
<search position="end"></search>
<add><![CDATA[
// Begin SMF Gallery
$txt['whoall_gallery'] = 'schaut die <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=gallery">Galerie an</a>';
// END SMF Gallery
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

balou

Very kind of you, but sorry for stupidity.. but in what file should this be past in?
and
If I may show what I´m meaning to achieve in my SMF forum!
Random or latest albumpictures on the forum home: http://www.italienforum.nu/ [nofollow]

thanks again!

Quote from: shuban on June 08, 2011, 08:30:22 PM

echo '

<b>' . $txt['gallery_form_description'] . ' </b>' . (parse_bbc($context['gallery_pic']['description'])  ). '';

else '';

echo '';

vbgamer45

That code just hides the description text if there is no description for the picture.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Biology Forums

Quote from: balou on June 09, 2011, 06:04:11 AM
Very kind of you, but sorry for stupidity.. but in what file should this be past in?
and
If I may show what I´m meaning to achieve in my SMF forum!
Random or latest albumpictures on the forum home: http://www.italienforum.nu/

thanks again!

Quote from: shuban on June 08, 2011, 08:30:22 PM

echo '

else '';

echo '';

balou, in the gallery_template.php

Advertisement: