Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weightman

QuoteI think this is the part that is causing the error not the ad mod:

&Itemid

Yea, thats what I thought. Thats part of the link in the ad code, the link that clicking on the ad takes you to. All the adds have &'s in them....

Know how I can correct it?

Thanks

Bigguy

That is part of mambo not the ad mod or the ad code you are using. Mambo is putting that there because of the bridge.

weightman

QuoteThat is part of mambo not the ad mod or the ad code you are using. Mambo is putting that there because of the bridge.

Thats what I thought. So, that means its not something that can be corrected? I thought changing the &'s to & would do it, but the ad mod just removed the amp; if I add it.....

Bigguy

It is something that is best taken up with bridge support I think. They might have the answers you need:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=77.0

Harvester

I have an interesting problem.

MOst of my members, including me, can see the ads no problem. However i have a couple members, Staff actually, who have not been able to see the ads until one of them logged out the other night. When he logged out he could see the ads as a guest. When he logged back in, the ads were gone again.
The other staff member has the same problem.

When logged in they cant see the ads, when logged out, as a guest, they can see the ads. Help please!

babjusi

Quote from: Harvester on April 12, 2008, 09:43:49 AM

MOst of my members, including me, can see the ads no problem. However i have a couple members, Staff actually, who have not been able to see the ads until one of them logged out the other night. When he logged out he could see the ads as a guest. When he logged back in, the ads were gone again.

When logged in they cant see the ads, when logged out, as a guest, they can see the ads. Help please!

Check the permissions for the membergroup that those staff members belong to

Harvester

OMG I cant believe thats all it was LOL!!

I wish they would make it ON by default and not off. ;) I mean, if we install teh mod obviously we want them to see the ads ;)  I have had this thing running for a month now and I had NO user groups but guests seeing it lol

Thank you for setting me straight :D

Quote from: babjusi on April 12, 2008, 09:46:42 AM

babjusi

Quote from: Harvester on April 12, 2008, 10:10:59 AM
OMG I cant believe thats all it was LOL!!

I wish they would make it ON by default and not off. ;) I mean, if we install teh mod obviously we want them to see the ads ;)  I have had this thing running for a month now and I had NO user groups but guests seeing it lol

Thank you for setting me straight :D

Quote from: babjusi on April 12, 2008, 09:46:42 AM

You are welcome. Glad to have been of help :)

stanaca

ad management mod ads are not showing.

website http://www.stanaca.com

let me explain by steps.

after installing

In the admin ---> configuration---> Ad Management --> add ads

I entered the name
and adsense code in content.
checked the Display ads on every page on the top of the page
and saved.

Is there anything alse.

admin > server settings > language    The language is English. I checked.
help plz

stanaca

here are my website files. i am using dilber mc theme.

Display.template.php not found in my theme files.

setting.english.php in my themes language folder also attached.

some body help me now

mahadzira

Please can someone help me install ad mod ....
I couldnt do it. ...My board is 1.1.4

!Hachi!

Mahadzira what you mean you can't?
Package Manager
Happy Ramadan

!Hachi!

stanaca
     you need to install mod manually for custm themes in your case dilber.
try this page and edit your theme files only.and it will work fine.
before that change your theme to default theme and see if ads shows.if ads are there go and edit your theme files in dilber theme.
Happy Ramadan

stanaca

i used the manual mod install link in Hassan's signature.
Just wasted 8 hours in theme modification but getting a error so i restored my original files.

there is no display.template.php file in my theme files.

please can someone midify my theme files given in above post.

mahadzira

Quote from: Hassan on April 12, 2008, 11:16:54 PM
Mahadzira what you mean you can't?
Package Manager

Dear Hassan,
Can u make the forum look like this where the ads were in the post.Notice that skyscrapper.....?

When i download and install the mod ad manager nothing happen...???
Where is the ad button as said would appear...?
Tq sincerely

stanaca

babjusi

@mahadzira, please. please don''t pm again and again unless you fully understand my signature. It is not there for nothing, you know.

sorosh1

hai,

Awesome mod! I have installed it and anything goes well but i have one quastion:

How can i get the mod in the center (middle) of the page with this option: Display ads within posts.
I is now like this:

And i use SMF 1.1.4 and dilbermc theme. Can anybody say how to get this is the middle?! What must i change and in to what must i change that?

Thanks for help

smartmoney

Is this mod compatible with the SMF 2.0 beta public?

babjusi

Quote from: smartmoney on April 14, 2008, 05:58:02 PM
Is this mod compatible with the SMF 2.0 beta public?

Yes it is. AT least, that is what it says at the download page

Advertisement: