News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Crowns

Started by Bulakbol, May 02, 2009, 12:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulakbol

Link to Mod

Author: Bulakbol   Mod Name: Crowns   Version: 1.1
Tested: Freshly installed SMF 1.1.8 SMF 2.0 RC1

Crowns

• This modification will add crown on the left side of members name.
  • Different crown for each group and post group depends on your configuration.
  • Crowns or images must be uploaded in default/images folder. You can use your own images or crowns.
  • If you have no crown images, try the sample stars included. (starred.gif, starblue.gif, starpurple.gif etc.)
  • To change or add crown, go to Admin => Membergroups => Edit Membergroups,
    click on the Modify link then enter the filename of crown just like the stars.
  • To enable or disable the display of crowns, go to
    SMF 2.0 RC1: Admin => Modifications => Crown.
    SMF 1.1.X: Admin => Features and Options => Crown.

Version 1.1
+ Added version for SMF 1.1.8.
+ Corrected filename spelling mistake (version 2.0 RC1). Thanks shanksta13.
+ Added board moderator crown in message display.

June 29, 2009
+ Added Turkish language (Thanks Php Coder Turkish)
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hi Author, its a good mod.

Thank you.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Twenty6

Great mod, it Works for me

Bulakbol

Oh, thanks guys. It is only for version 2.0 RC1 tho. The one for version 1.1.x is not done yet. Still busy.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

shanksta13

Well, it definitely broke my forum.  I'm going to have to go back and manually uninstall this thing, unless you have a quick fix for me.  :(

Here is my error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_group_color() (previously declared in /home/secsport/public_html/messageboard/Sources/Subs.php:4090) in /home/secsport/public_html/messageboard/Sources/Subs.php on line 4149

Strict Standards: Non-static method JFactory::getDBO() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/secsport/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/storage/database.php on line 84

Strict Standards: Non-static method JTable::getInstance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/secsport/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/storage/database.php on line 89

Strict Standards: Non-static method JFactory::getDBO() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/secsport/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/table.php on line 112

Bulakbol

@shanksta13
Yes, uninstall it. I do not recognize some of the errors you just posted.

shanksta13

Quote from: Bulakbol on May 02, 2009, 10:19:43 PM
@shanksta13
Yes, uninstall it. I do not recognize some of the errors you just posted.

I was able to get the mod uninstalled fine, and I reinstalled it and it works now.  For whatever reason the install script executed twice.  Also, as a note, the filename you have included in the setup package should be "Themes/default/Memberlist.template.php", not "Themes/default/MemberList.template.php".  The "L" should be lowercase.

I love the mod, though, thanks.  I tweaked the positioning a bit so that this now displays below the post-group stars, if anyone wants the code let me know.  I did this because I wanted the images to be a bit bigger than the usernames and it looked goofy right next to them.

Bulakbol

@shanksta13
I actually checked my coding because of the errors you posted. And yes, I saw my typo. Thanks. I'll upload the corrected package soon.

Can you post your tweak? It could be benefitial to others.

Bulakbol

Now covers SMF 1.1.8 version.

Version 1.1
+ Added version for SMF 1.1.8.
+ Corrected filename spelling mistake (version 2.0 RC1). Thanks shanksta13.
+ Added board moderator crown in message/post display.

ballin

Thanks for this ;)

EDIT: I get this for smf 1.1.8:

HELP PLEASE.

chrishicks

I have you beat. lol. Looks like I have lots of editing to do. :(

Bulakbol

@chrishicks
Ugh! That's quite a lot. I can do edit one file for you. :)

ballin

What about mine? >.<

Bulakbol

@baller911
There's only one file that failed the search test and I know you can do it yourself so...  ;)

MatrixIS

Quote from: Bulakbol on May 08, 2009, 11:21:04 PM
@baller911
There's only one file that failed the search test and I know you can do it yourself so...  ;)
hi i get this error:

function ModifyCrownSettings($return_config = false) { global $txt, $scripturl, $context, $settings, $sc, $modSettings; $config_vars = array( array('check', 'hide_index_page', 'postinput' => $txt['including']), array('check', 'topic_started_by', 'postinput' => $txt['off_by_default']), array('check', 'topic_last_post', 'postinput' => $txt['off_by_default']), array('check', 'hide_msg_display', 'postinput' => $txt['on_by_default']), array('check', 'hide_profile', 'postinput' => $txt['on_by_default']), array('check', 'hide_personal_msgs', 'postinput' => $txt['on_by_default']), array('check', 'show_memberlist', 'postinput' => $txt['off_by_default']), array('check', 'hide_who_is_online', 'postinput' => $txt['on_by_default']), array('check', 'hide_board_index', 'postinput' => $txt['on_by_default']), '', array('check', 'avatar_in_whos_online', 'postinput' => $txt['on_by_default']), '', ); if ($return_config) return $config_vars; // Saving? if (isset($_GET['save'])) { checkSession(); saveDBSettings($config_vars); writeLog(); redirectexit('action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=crowns'); } $context['post_url'] = $scripturl . '?action=admin;area=modsettings;save;sa=crowns'; $context['settings_title'] = 'Crown version 1.0 by Bulakbol' . $txt['crown']; prepareDBSettingContext($config_vars); }
Fatal error: Call to undefined function ModifyCrownSettings() in /home/ptctalkc/public_html/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 224

how do i fix this?

Ravac

great mod, thank you

.LORD.

@MatrixIS

Search in the Sources/ManageSettings.php and move this ?> at the end of the file

ballin

Ok Bulakbolm, I fixed it. But one more problem; It doesn't show up in the post area inside the topic?!!?

MatrixIS

Quote from: .LORD. on May 09, 2009, 06:39:02 PM
@MatrixIS

Search in the Sources/ManageSettings.php and move this ?> at the end of the file

thanks working now

Bulakbol

@.LORD.
Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Quote from: baller911 on May 09, 2009, 08:34:21 PM
Ok Bulakbolm, I fixed it. But one more problem; It doesn't show up in the post area inside the topic?!!?
To enable or disable the display of crowns, go to
  SMF 2.0 RC1: Admin => Modifications => Crown.
  SMF 1.1.X: Admin => Features and Options => Crown.

Advertisement: