News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidea

You guys should try to get the flash game, Flow into this :D

Someone previously asked if there's a way ot make it so that when a guest finishes a game, there can be a link that directs them to the login page so that they can register.

I didn't see any answer so  Iwas wondering if there's a solution

jvan

Quote from: jvan on October 01, 2007, 01:20:26 PM
I installed the arcade several days ago and my visitors have been playing games happily ever since. Suddenly this morning, they are being greeted with this error message:

"You need to enable javascript in order to play games."

Now, I know the answer to that problem seems simple enough. The problem is that they have Javascript enabled and so do I. Yet, we still get this error. Any ideas about how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just wanted to note that this problem is solved. It was a conflict with the pretty urls mod.

Tidea

for some reason, one of my user, who's a mod, can't access the page.  any suggestion?

Skhilled

Quote from: Razaroic on September 25, 2007, 08:32:21 PM
Hmm, was this question answered?

There seems to be permission trouble on the forum I use, only Admins can view the Arcade, and one admin told me when she generates reports, it shows, even though she added it, that members can't play or anything, but she gave them permissions through the arcade admin and forum permissions in general..it's SMF 1.13, using version 2.0.11, she tried 2.0.9, same issue.
try setting categories to none and check to see if the games are enabled.

Quote from: RedNecK on September 25, 2007, 08:35:39 PM
ok! look here......i'm PHP stupid!  please tell me there is an easier way than me tryin' to manually installing this when i don't have a clue what i'm lookin' at!  I tried to install the chat button and it was off... i had it there but the font text & size were both not the same ...so i removed what i did...any help will be great
I think you are confused. FlashChat has nothing to do with the arcade. It is a chat program.

For the images not showing...check to make sure your paths are correct and that you are not using utf8 for your language.

Quote from: RaYo on September 25, 2007, 10:26:10 PM
are form, to make a tournaments with SMFArcade??
Only with this version... http://www.ericsworld.eu/f2/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item70

Skhilled

Quote from: ziycon on September 28, 2007, 12:32:13 AM
I installed the latest version 2.0.11 or something on 1.1.4 and works fine, i didnt notice that the link disappeared from the menu button at the top and the package was still installed so i uninstalled the package and got two errors, reinstalled it and its working fine now with the menu link back!?!?!
Probably a bad install.

Quote from: geo32101 on September 28, 2007, 05:18:45 PM
I recently installed SMF 1.1.4 but I also tried to upgrade my SMF Arcade to 2.0.11,but I cant the only buttons that show up are,list files,and delete,no installe button.Why?
See if it works in the default theme. If it does you'll need to edit your theme.

Quote from: Tidea on October 03, 2007, 07:53:56 PM
for some reason, one of my user, who's a mod, can't access the page.  any suggestion?
Check your permissions. There are perms in "categories",and in the arcade admin settings, and in smf member group perms.

scotty5150

What would cause several arcade games not to save scores? Asteroids, Frogger, Plumber, Shell and Star Wars all won't save scores. I downloaded all the games from the same arcade packages, so they should work.

The only error message I receive is "Score was not saved because session is missing."

Any thoughts?

Rica

hxxp:smfarcade.net [nonactive] down cant download any games :(

Qayyom Ashraf

PLEASE HLEP ME.....!!!

during installation it shows the attached error.

I've installed to many packages (listed below) please let me know if any package may cause to conflicts with Arcade or so...?

Mod Name Version 
1. Admin Notepad 1.0       
2. AvatarSelect 1.1.2       
3. Active Members In Topic 1.5       
4. Ad Managment 2.3       
5. Global Headers Footers 1.3       
6. Profile Comments 1.2.1       
7. VisualWarning 1.32       
8. SMF Links 1.6.3       
9. RSS Feed Icon 1.1       
10. Religion Tabs 3.0       
11. RSS Feed Poster 1.0.3       
12. New RSS Button Per Board 1.0       
13. SMF Gallery Lite 1.7.1       
14. Related Topics 1.1.1       
15. Display Age and Location next to posts 1.0       
16. Tagging System 1.0.3       
17. Gmail Field 1.1       
18. 29 High Quality Military Assault Weapon Avatars 1.0       
19. 3D ART Avatars 1.1       
20. SMF Any Where 0.1       
21. User Email System 1.1.3       
22. SMF Staff Page 1.5.1       
23. Profile User Action 1.1       
24. Signature Dropdown Choices 1.0       
25. ShowTopics 1.1       
26. Registered Images ENG 2       
27. Signature Option Post 1.1       
28. Anonymous Posting Mod 1.01       
29. Attachments Mod 1.1       
30. Attachments Download Permission 1.0       
31. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.16       
32. Expand Pages Mod 1.0       
33. Stars to Profile 1.0.1       
34. Contact Page 1.0       
35. Invite 1.14       
36. PM On Registration 1.0.2       
37. FontandSizeDropdown1.1 1.1       
38. SMF Chat - by Joseph Szenasi 1.0       
39. No Spam by Guests! 0.1       
40. Image Popup 1.0       
41. Allowed Groups Embedded Flash 1.2.0       
42. Avatar on Member List 1.0       
43. YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant) 1.2       
44. SearchResultsMod 1.0       
45. Topic starter 1.2       
46. Recent posts user preference 2.1       
47. Welcome Topic Mod 1.0       
48. Select Admin for Notifications 1.1       
49. mp3 Flash Player BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant) 1.0       
50. Max Subject Length 1.1       
51. Report Icon Mod 1.0       
52. Reg Bar 1.0       
53. Inline Attachments 1.0.4.2       
54. Website Button 1.1.4       
55. SMF Shoutbox 1.16       
56. Referrals Mod 1.4       

my site address:    http://qayyom.qa.funpic.org

this is my test site. if any one need admin password, i can give him to solve my problem.
Qayyom Ashraf  |  Karachi-PK |::.www.JangForum.Com.::|

niko

It's safe to install if only index.template.php fails. But this means that you need to add arcade tab yourself.

Quote from: Rica on October 05, 2007, 11:27:33 PM
smfarcade.net down cant download any games :(

Works now
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

christicehurst

Quote from: qayyom on October 06, 2007, 02:07:47 AM
PLEASE HLEP ME.....!!!

during installation it shows the attached error.

I've installed to many packages (listed below) please let me know if any package may cause to conflicts with Arcade or so...?

Mod Name Version 
1. Admin Notepad 1.0       
2. AvatarSelect 1.1.2       
3. Active Members In Topic 1.5       
4. Ad Managment 2.3       
5. Global Headers Footers 1.3       
6. Profile Comments 1.2.1       
7. VisualWarning 1.32       
8. SMF Links 1.6.3       
9. RSS Feed Icon 1.1       
10. Religion Tabs 3.0       
11. RSS Feed Poster 1.0.3       
12. New RSS Button Per Board 1.0       
13. SMF Gallery Lite 1.7.1       
14. Related Topics 1.1.1       
15. Display Age and Location next to posts 1.0       
16. Tagging System 1.0.3       
17. Gmail Field 1.1       
18. 29 High Quality Military Assault Weapon Avatars 1.0       
19. 3D ART Avatars 1.1       
20. SMF Any Where 0.1       
21. User Email System 1.1.3       
22. SMF Staff Page 1.5.1       
23. Profile User Action 1.1       
24. Signature Dropdown Choices 1.0       
25. ShowTopics 1.1       
26. Registered Images ENG 2       
27. Signature Option Post 1.1       
28. Anonymous Posting Mod 1.01       
29. Attachments Mod 1.1       
30. Attachments Download Permission 1.0       
31. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.16       
32. Expand Pages Mod 1.0       
33. Stars to Profile 1.0.1       
34. Contact Page 1.0       
35. Invite 1.14       
36. PM On Registration 1.0.2       
37. FontandSizeDropdown1.1 1.1       
38. SMF Chat - by Joseph Szenasi 1.0       
39. No Spam by Guests! 0.1       
40. Image Popup 1.0       
41. Allowed Groups Embedded Flash 1.2.0       
42. Avatar on Member List 1.0       
43. YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant) 1.2       
44. SearchResultsMod 1.0       
45. Topic starter 1.2       
46. Recent posts user preference 2.1       
47. Welcome Topic Mod 1.0       
48. Select Admin for Notifications 1.1       
49. mp3 Flash Player BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant) 1.0       
50. Max Subject Length 1.1       
51. Report Icon Mod 1.0       
52. Reg Bar 1.0       
53. Inline Attachments 1.0.4.2       
54. Website Button 1.1.4       
55. SMF Shoutbox 1.16       
56. Referrals Mod 1.4       

my site address:    http://qayyom.qa.funpic.org

this is my test site. if any one need admin password, i can give him to solve my problem.

That's a insane amount of mods....
www.brisbanelionsunited.com - A forum for everyone!

Jaba

I have 6 Games installed but would like to install a large game pack in the near future.
During the game pack installation is it possible to deselect the games I already have installed?
Will the already installed games be left fully intact, I.e. The high scores, Users and stats etc?

Thanx for any info.

GazOutEast

Quote from: rider on August 09, 2007, 06:21:24 AM
Quote from: Chantal Matar on August 09, 2007, 06:06:59 AM
Guys, I downloaded the updated 1.1.3 Mod from SmfArcade.info, it installed fine.  I could see and play the games.

Other members couldn't see the Arcade at all.  I  had to go and change the account settings to English (and not English UTF8) so now everyone can see it...

BUT, only a few can play the games.  When others go through it says the following:

Pages: [1]   Go Down   
     Random game  |  Show favorites only   
No games available for playing
Pages: [1]   Go Up   
     Random game  |  Show favorites only     

Why is this?  Permissions have been set.  Besides why can I and a handful of members  see the games and play and not the others?

Thanks.
try going to admin>arcade settings>permissions set to none.see if that helps.

Doesn't work for me - Everything on my server is UTF-8 - there is NO "plain English" setting to choose in server settings - this is because of dependencies in other applications and features.
When I go to Games settings (I had to manually hack the Modifications-English-UTF8.php to even get the side bar menu to show = sloppy and lazy coding as far as I'm concerned  >:( ) the panel for the Arcade settings in admin has no labels and the drop box menus have no contents.
When I go into Games or Arcade, there are no games and the horizontal menu button above the box has no text label
It was downloaded today from the SMF mods site onto SMF 1.1.4
I had the indextemplate error at install but manually fixed that
Still no joy - now thinking of ripping it out - I don't have time for massively incomplete mods - too much to do to too many sites to get them live before year end.
Someone let me know when it's fixed please
Gaz
I have 20:20 vision - I can see anything bigger than 20" x 20"

GazOutEast

Quote from: rider on August 12, 2007, 03:35:15 PM
Quote from: lextech on August 12, 2007, 02:09:10 PM
Can you tell me what path I should use to get to the games when I link a custom button? I don't want to use the template code since I have a theme that will do it all for me, I just need a path to the game gallery. What should I be looking for?

Thank you! (ps- on the previous I simply re-chose the current english setting and saved and all was well, weird)
Try this.unzip the arcade and goto themes>default>langauges.Copy the lang files and then rename them add -utf8 to the files and then upload them to your themes>your theme>langauges via FTP.see if that works.

WooHoo - that fixed my problem above too :)

Still say that failing to include the *.english-utf8.php files in the package is sloppy and lazy though - lucky for me, English is my native language - what happens for non-english speakers?

Furios

I've got a little problem:

I see 2 buttons of arcade but how do i fix it?

Furios

Anyone can help me?

GazOutEast

Quote from: Furios on October 15, 2007, 02:29:19 PM

At a guess you've tried to install it twice and the uninstaller did not remove the code from the display.template.php file (I think that's the one) so when you reinstalled it, it added the button code again, causing two buttons.

I'm not 100% sure of the file the code goes into, but assuming it is display.template.php then if you've setup a display.template-utf8.php file, and have manually added the lines twice, that would also be the reason.

Gaz

fwitt

its in index.template.php not display.template.php

Quote from: GazOutEast on October 17, 2007, 07:29:16 PM
Quote from: Furios on October 15, 2007, 02:29:19 PM

At a guess you've tried to install it twice and the uninstaller did not remove the code from the display.template.php file (I think that's the one) so when you reinstalled it, it added the button code again, causing two buttons.

I'm not 100% sure of the file the code goes into, but assuming it is display.template.php then if you've setup a display.template-utf8.php file, and have manually added the lines twice, that would also be the reason.

Gaz

GazOutEast

thanks  fwitt - wasn't sure of the exact file name

overdue

I finally found the mod for the trophies to show on your posts, but for some reason it only shows the title (and link) of the game. There is no little trophy next to it.

I'm using SMF 1.1.4 with Arcade 2.0.11.
2.1.4; default theme - curve.

jasonwatkins

hi, been pointed here by greyknight17 (thanks man ..)

i'm absolutely stumped.

i'm running SMF 1.1.4 with Arcade 2.0.11 and essentially nothing works.

if i use the package manager to install a game, it says that it succesfully installs it, but when I go to the arcade, it checks the session then just nothing happens.

to try and fix the problem, i uninstalled and dropped the arcade mod completely, and removed all the arcade tables.  I did (what I thought was) a clean install and nothing worked at all.

i FTP'ed into the webspace to check the Games directory and it was completely empty.

the package manager tells me the games are installed, and when i go to the arcade, all the games are listed out as if they are there, but the Games directory is completely empty.

so there's been some kind of disconnect along the way from SMF installing the game to actually the game being copied into the relevant directory.

i tried manually doing this, by manually creating a folder and uploading the PHP and SWF files, and all I get is "checking session" then a white box where the game should be - a right click gives me "movie not loaded" on the flash box.

I tried removing the entire forum and arcade and re-installing it from a fresh install.  I restored the database and it fixed absolutely nothing - the same problem was still there.

so i really have no clue - i guess the logical assumption is that there is something wrong with the database, but i've used the error checking function, and i've also re-installed it completely and still get the same problem.

the webhosts have confirmed that SWF files can still be used on the webspace, and i double-confirmed this by uploading a test SWF file to my root webspace and accessing it directly using the URL and that worked, so it's not as if SWF files have been banned or anything.

i'm really desperate to figure this out because it's bugging me so much and i've got a lot of people who want their arcade back !

any help would be most gratefully received .. thankyou

(and i've tried the smf arcade support forum but that's a waste of time because nobody answeres any posts there anymore )

Advertisement: