News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philcross

Quote@ philcross I just went to your site in IE and FF and it looks fine in both browsers. I don't see any flickering at all.

Hi

I just tried with my testing account (name and p/word both "testing") and I get the same.

It only seemed to happen AFTER I had clicked on the Chat button.

The avatar flickers on and off and I get vertical line breakup across the menu bar.

Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss

It is your computer or browser. What browser are you using ... FireFox, Internet Explore Version 8 ..... etc
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!
www.chitchatchatterbox.com
Remember in the "Referral" box to put "Caleb" while registering.

philcross

Im using IE7.

Just tried with FF and it seems to be OK with that.

upgrade to IE8 ... IE7 sucks! ... well IE period sucks but IE8 is better... you should update
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Our site is open to everyone. It is a resource for anyone and everyone to talk about anything and everything you could possibly think of. It's a great place to come and talk, ask questions, or just simply hang out. We offer many great features. All we ask is that you follow by the site rules. Hope to see you around!

DilSe

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 19, 2009, 12:03:37 AM
Here are some the most common questions and answers
to getting your Chat Room and Shoutbox going on your forum
Please be sure to check the following settings in the Admin Panel.

For SMF 1.1.X Admin/Configuration/Features and Options/

For SMF 2 RC1  Admin/Configuration/Modifications/Chat/

Enable the ShoutBox?   
Check for ShoutBox on any page or uncheck for only in index page:   
Integrate shout box and chat room?   
Chat in popup page?   
Enable online chat users numbering on chat button?   
Show online users below total logged in time section? 

Also be sure to CHECK PERMISSIONS!  ;) 

If you are using a custom theme you will need to edit the following files in your custom theme using a Package Parser

hello sir
This "packageParser " is not for smf1.1.9 plz any help

Quote from: Hanzalah on June 05, 2009, 07:30:30 AM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 19, 2009, 12:03:37 AM
Here are some the most common questions and answers
to getting your Chat Room and Shoutbox going on your forum
Please be sure to check the following settings in the Admin Panel.

For SMF 1.1.X Admin/Configuration/Features and Options/

For SMF 2 RC1  Admin/Configuration/Modifications/Chat/

Enable the ShoutBox?   
Check for ShoutBox on any page or uncheck for only in index page:   
Integrate shout box and chat room?   
Chat in popup page?   
Enable online chat users numbering on chat button?   
Show online users below total logged in time section? 

Also be sure to CHECK PERMISSIONS!  ;) 

If you are using a custom theme you will need to edit the following files in your custom theme using a Package Parser

hello sir
This "packageParser " is not for smf1.1.9 plz any help

1.1.8 = same exact thing as 1.1.9 just the only difference is in the package-info.xml its not updated on 1 small line to say to install for 1.1.9 instead of 1.1.8 ... to solve that go here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2075610#msg2075610
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

Hardcase

mrtrc266 my url is : http://www.hmsresolution.org.uk/forum/index.php

if you need more access give me the heads up :)

philcross

OK next problem  ;D

When I click on Chat (pop-up mode) I get a "type error: object doesnt support this property or method" error box.

I can close it and carry on in chat, but would like to remove that initial warning.

Thanks

philcross

OMG - big scare story !!!

I decided to go into the php files and make some changes as suggested by the tip&tricks link.

Now I have

Notice: Undefined index: styleAvailable in /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXXXXX/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2900

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXXXXX/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php on line 236

Notice: Undefined index: styleAvailable in /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXXXXX/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2900

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXXXXX/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php on line 262

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXXXXX/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatTemplate.php on line 198

HELP

i CHANGED THE WELCOME TO XXX FORUM MESSAGE

i CHANGED TO A SINGLE PUBLIC FORUM

I CHANGED TO A DEFAULT STYLE

Quote from: philcross on June 05, 2009, 02:43:36 PM

OMG - big scare story !!!

I decided to go into the php files and make some changes as suggested by the tip&tricks link.

Now I have

Notice: Undefined index: styleAvailable in /home/XXXX/public_html/rv_forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2900

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/XXXX/public_html/rv_forum/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php on line 236

Notice: Undefined index: styleAvailable in /home/XXXX/public_html/rv_forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2900

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/XXXX/public_html/rv_forum/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php on line 262

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/XXXX/public_html/rv_forum/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatTemplate.php on line 198

HELP

i CHANGED THE WELCOME TO XXX FORUM MESSAGE

i CHANGED TO A SINGLE PUBLIC FORUM

I CHANGED TO A DEFAULT STYLE

Attach those 3 files. AJAXChat.php, CustomAJAXChat.php, and AJAXChatTemplate.php
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

philcross

Sorry - I went back into the php files and double-checked some items.

For the board styles, I had deleted the whole text for board style and just left the default line - thats what caused the error.

Ive now changed the board options to include Core and the default as Core and it seems OK.

Welcome to...message works
Chat name works OK too.

HOWEVER, I do still get the object error message.

I would also like to get rid of all these options from right side panel if possible?

•List ignored users
•List available channels
•Describe action
•Roll dice
•Change username
•Enter private room
•List banned users

mrtrc266

@ philcross

Your object error is your Browser not the chat, I take it you use IE 6 or 7? Here is some info on it.
https://www.adaptavist.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27723664

Never tried removing any commands but here is a little info on that as well.
http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4771263

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 05, 2009, 09:57:07 PM
@ philcross

Your object error is your Browser not the chat, I take it you use IE 6 or 7? Here is some info on it.
https://www.adaptavist.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27723664

Quote from: philcross on June 05, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

Im using IE7.

Just tried with FF and it seems to be OK with that.

Quote from: Chit-Chat ChatterBox Boss on June 05, 2009, 02:30:55 AM
upgrade to IE8 ... IE7 sucks! ... well IE period sucks but IE8 is better... you should update

Definitely his problem!
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

philcross

Hi Guys

1) I upgraded to IE8 and still have the problem - it only pops up if I try to click on message line before the pop-up window has finished loading icons etc.

2) When I logout of chat it sends me back to the forum (as i changed to mod) BUT in IE8 it sends me to a static page ie there is no scroll bar to view the whole forum page.

3) Is there a way to delete the chat history when the last person leaves the chat room? At present, you can login 3 days later and read all the previous chat between other people.

4) I have changed MOD to just the Public room BUT there is also a room with members name [name] - when clicked it takes you to another room. How do I remove this to only have public.

5) Previously, when you click Chat you were auto-logged-in. Now you have to manually type name and password. Not sure if thats an IE8 issue?

Sorry for all questions.

Quote from: philcross on June 06, 2009, 02:51:41 AM
Hi Guys

1) I upgraded to IE8 and still have the problem - it only pops up if I try to click on message line before the pop-up window has finished loading icons etc.
I dont know right now have to look into it

2) When I logout of chat it sends me back to the forum (as i changed to mod) BUT in IE8 it sends me to a static page ie there is no scroll bar to view the whole forum page.

3) Is there a way to delete the chat history when the last person leaves the chat room? At present, you can login 3 days later and read all the previous chat between other people.
Go to chat/lib/config.php and play with those settings in there. For this exact question maybe you can play with these settings:

// Defines if messages are shown which have been sent before the user entered the channel:
$config['requestMessagesPriorChannelEnter'] = true;
// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) for which the previous setting is always true (will be ignored if set to null):
$config['requestMessagesPriorChannelEnterList'] = null;
// Max time difference in hours for messages to display on each request:
$config['requestMessagesTimeDiff'] = 24;
// Max number of messages to display on each request:
$config['requestMessagesLimit'] = 10;

4) I have changed MOD to just the Public room BUT there is also a room with members name [name] - when clicked it takes you to another room. How do I remove this to only have public.
This is happening because you are allowing members to have private rooms. To have ONLY public room and thats it no private rooms or set your settings like this in chat/lib/config.php:

// Default channelName used together with the defaultChannelID if no channel with this ID exists:
$config['defaultChannelName'] = 'Public';
// ChannelID used when no channel is given:
$config['defaultChannelID'] = 0;
// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:
$config['limitChannelList'] = array(0);

// Enable/Disable private Channels:
$config['allowPrivateChannels'] = false;

5) Previously, when you click Chat you were auto-logged-in. Now you have to manually type name and password. Not sure if thats an IE8 issue?
A trick ... at least it works for me either click on chat .... and the login window pops up. Click the X and click chat again may have to do it two or three times then it brings you straight into the chat. Also if you go to the login page for the chat (where you put in name and pass) without putting in anything right away click login ... it should skip the process and login with your forum info. (at least these tricks work for me).

Sorry for all questions.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

philcross

Quote1) I upgraded to IE8 and still have the problem - it only pops up if I try to click on message line before the pop-up window has finished loading icons etc.

Actually, it just happens when pop-up chat window opens NOT when i click in message area.

Quote2) When I logout of chat it sends me back to the forum (as i changed to mod) BUT in IE8 it sends me to a static page ie there is no scroll bar to view the whole forum page.

Looked again and its sending me to a pop-up page hence no scroll bar etc.

Quote3) Is there a way to delete the chat history when the last person leaves the chat room? At present, you can login 3 days later and read all the previous chat between other people.
Go to chat/lib/config.php and play with those settings in there. For this exact question maybe you can play with these settings:

Code: [Select]

Did the above and no previous posts are showing BUT I cannot make any posts either.

Quote5) Previously, when you click Chat you were auto-logged-in. Now you have to manually type name and password. Not sure if thats an IE8 issue?
A trick ... at least it works for me either click on chat .... and the login window pops up. Click the X and click chat again may have to do it two or three times then it brings you straight into the chat. Also if you go to the login page for the chat (where you put in name and pass) without putting in anything right away click login ... it should skip the process and login with your forum info. (at least these tricks work for me).

Dont ask me how, but I am now being auto-logged in OK

BinaryNinja

Hey,
I'm using Fresh Blue Theme by BrKn*.
I'm having trouble manually modifying it.
I can do some of the code but for example...
// But, let's always show minutes - Time wasted here: 0 minutes ;).
echo $context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['minutes'], $txt['totalTimeLogged4'], '<br />';
}
echo ' </span>';
}

Does not exist whatsover in index.template.php

There's nothing even relating to any of that in index.template.php.

Can you please help me modify this theme for this mod?
Would be appreciated!

purper

this might be a strange question, but what do I have to do to delete the chat?
The reason I ask is because I have the impression just deleting it from the forum is not good enough.. directories etc still exist on in the directory of the forum..?

Quote from: philcross on June 06, 2009, 08:45:27 AM
Quote1) I upgraded to IE8 and still have the problem - it only pops up if I try to click on message line before the pop-up window has finished loading icons etc.

Actually, it just happens when pop-up chat window opens NOT when i click in message area.

Quote2) When I logout of chat it sends me back to the forum (as i changed to mod) BUT in IE8 it sends me to a static page ie there is no scroll bar to view the whole forum page.

Looked again and its sending me to a pop-up page hence no scroll bar etc.

Quote3) Is there a way to delete the chat history when the last person leaves the chat room? At present, you can login 3 days later and read all the previous chat between other people.

Code: [Select]

Did the above and no previous posts are showing BUT I cannot make any posts either.

Quote5) Previously, when you click Chat you were auto-logged-in. Now you have to manually type name and password. Not sure if thats an IE8 issue?

Dont ask me how, but I am now being auto-logged in OK

For 1 & 2 I still have to look into it (busy with my own site) for 3 you need to play with the settings. I just have mine set like it shows and it works fine (all the above are a copy paste from mine). For 5 if it happens again just do what I said .

Quote from: BinaryNinja on June 06, 2009, 11:40:45 AM
Hey,
// But, let's always show minutes - Time wasted here: 0 minutes ;).
echo $context['user']['total_time_logged_in']['minutes'], $txt['totalTimeLogged4'], '<br />';
}
echo ' </span>';
}

Would be appreciated!

Let mrtrc266 come back with an idea for this

Quote from: purper on June 06, 2009, 03:13:35 PM
this might be a strange question, but what do I have to do to delete the chat?
The reason I ask is because I have the impression just deleting it from the forum is not good enough.. directories etc still exist on in the directory of the forum..?

Use the uninstall in the package manager. If anything fails in the uninstall or you have it installed on a custom theme then you need to go to the mod and parse it and do a manual install of everything in the files.
Chit-Chat ChatterBox

mrtrc266

Quote from: BinaryNinja on June 06, 2009, 11:40:45 AM
Hey,
// But, let's always show minutes - Time wasted here: 0 minutes.
      }
      echo '            </span>';
   }

Would be appreciated!

This edit will not be exaclty the same in all themes. It shows the number of users in chat in the user info section on the top right or left of your theme, something like this   

June 06, 2009, 09:48:06 PM
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.  Logged in: 1 hours and 7 minutes.
2 Users in chat
Attach you index.template file and I'll take a look.

Also what version of SMF do you have?

Advertisement: