News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rider

Quote from: Chantal Matar on August 09, 2007, 07:33:15 AM
Hang The Alien is working, even though there is no game pic in the left-hand side box.  Wordsearch still not happening. 

Is that something to do with the game then? As opposed to me doing something wrong?

Any ideas how to get a pic in the blank box?
hang the alein does work but you can't submit scores.you're doing nothing wrong but as I explained not all will work.I'm off now but if you need any help later you can get ahold of me.

Chantal Matar

Rider thank you once again.  Speak to you soon.  :D

Skhilled

You also have to remember that the games in the smfarcade game packs were modified so that they will submit a score. So, other Ultimate Arcade games may not submit or work correctly.

EDIT: For everyone else who is having problems please upgrade to the latest version first. Then check at smfarcade.info for the latest fixes. :)

rider

Quote from: Skhilled on August 09, 2007, 08:01:43 AM
You also have to remember that the games in the smfarcade game packs were modified so that they will submit a score. So, other Ultimate Arcade games may not submit or work correctly.

EDIT: For everyone else who is having problems please upgrade to the latest version first. Then check at smfarcade.info for the latest fixes. :)

hah for once I beat you too the answer.lol.

sunny7

look at my post under this one
SMF IS THE BEST!

sunny7

Hi, I've install SMF Arcade + games pack, but when i go to play the games i get nothing lol. I've print screened what I get when i try to play the games:

Here's the list of games without any images:

Here's what I get when selecting a game to play (which dosn't do anything):

I've set the Permission Mode to 'none'
I dont know what the problem is?? Can anyone help??
SMF IS THE BEST!

Defused

How can I add a link to the arcade to my top navigation?
Really need one since the arcade is hidden otherwise.
Heres a link to my forums: http://defused.us/forums/index.php [nofollow]
Thanks.

babjusi

Quote from: Defused on August 10, 2007, 02:03:51 PM
Heres a link to my forums: http://defused.us/forums/index.php
Thanks.

You are using a custom theem and you must make some changes in order for the arcade to show up.
Use daniel15''s mod parser. It will show you exactly what changes to make and where to apply them

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

rider

Quote from: sunny7 on August 10, 2007, 10:14:57 AM
Hi, I've install SMF Arcade + games pack, but when i go to play the games i get nothing lol. I've print screened what I get when i try to play the games:

Here's the list of games without any images:

Here's what I get when selecting a game to play (which dosn't do anything):

I've set the Permission Mode to 'none'
I dont know what the problem is?? Can anyone help??
Look in your Games folder via FTP and see if the images are in there.If not then upload the images to the folder

sunny7

Do I need to upload the games and picture files individually? at the moment, in the games folder, there's just the zip game packs...
SMF IS THE BEST!

rider

Quote from: sunny7 on August 10, 2007, 02:29:35 PM
Do I need to upload the games and picture files individually? at the moment, in the games folder, there's just the zip game packs...
Sounds like the games didn't install properly.What you should see are the gamepack zips and the game pack folders.

Defused

Quote from: babjusi on August 10, 2007, 02:11:14 PM
Heres a link to my forums: http://defused.us/forums/index.php [nofollow]
Thanks.

You are using a custom theem and you must make some changes in order for the arcade to show up.
Use daniel15''s mod parser. It will show you exactly what changes to make and where to apply them

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/ [nofollow]

the parser didnt give me any info in it, said it would work as default. all i need is to add a top navigation link to the arcade
!!!!!

rider

Quote from: Defused on August 10, 2007, 04:48:53 PM
Quote from: babjusi on August 10, 2007, 02:11:14 PM
Heres a link to my forums: http://defused.us/forums/index.php
Thanks.

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

the parser didnt give me any info in it, said it would work as default. all i need is to add a top navigation link to the arcade
!!!!!
click the link in my sig.You'll find everything you need todo there.

lextech

I have 2 identical 1.1.3 forums and I am installing 2.0.9 arcade. One of the forums went up flawlessly, the other does not display the admin menu for games, it only gives a blank box. I cannot find the difference between the two forums that is causing this.
Sandbagging since '07

niko

I'd guess it is language, arcade installs only to English by default. Second may use utf8 which arcade doesn't install by default
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

lextech

Can you tell me what path I should use to get to the games when I link a custom button? I don't want to use the template code since I have a theme that will do it all for me, I just need a path to the game gallery. What should I be looking for?

Thank you! (ps- on the previous I simply re-chose the current english setting and saved and all was well, weird)
Sandbagging since '07

lextech

I have everything working great on my forum with the arcade, but when I go into the admin panel I constantly have to go into my server settings and re-click english and save to see the game admin section. Otherwise it is just blank.

It already says it is set on english, but I have to re-save it anyway. Otherwise the game admin panel is blank.

Any ideas? :)
Sandbagging since '07

rider

Quote from: lextech on August 12, 2007, 02:09:10 PM
Can you tell me what path I should use to get to the games when I link a custom button? I don't want to use the template code since I have a theme that will do it all for me, I just need a path to the game gallery. What should I be looking for?

Thank you! (ps- on the previous I simply re-chose the current english setting and saved and all was well, weird)
Try this.unzip the arcade and goto themes>default>langauges.Copy the lang files and then rename them add -utf8 to the files and then upload them to your themes>your theme>langauges via FTP.see if that works.

lextech

I have generated 223 pages of errors in 2 days from the following error:

Undefined index: arcade

public_html/forum/Sources/Arcade.php

As stated previously, I cannot see my games manager unless I go into server settings and click save (no settings change) to remind the site it is using english. When I do so , all my errors seem to go away as best I can tell.
Sandbagging since '07

masss

Where can i get more games for arcade??? (with working scores!)

Advertisement: