News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Aprrove posts?

Started by ALEJO, April 27, 2008, 09:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALEJO

How it works? :S i just see the "approve" part on the admin panel, but i didnt figured out how to use this feature... anyone can help me? :)
solo el mas paranoico sobrevive

Kindred

when there is a post in there to approve, it should be fairly obvious....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ALEJO

Quote from: Kindred on April 28, 2008, 09:50:19 AM
when there is a post in there to approve, it should be fairly obvious....
lol... yes... but how i activate the feature for one board?

Kindred

ah...   I do not believe the function works like that.  The approve feature is not per board, but rather per USER. (i.e. a user gets on Warning and requires all posts to be approved)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

niko

It can be also set per board from board permissions.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Kindred

it can?

I don't see that option anywhere, myself.
Слaва
Украинi

Justyne

Quote from: Kindred on April 28, 2008, 10:50:42 AM
it can?

permissions -> edit profile

and there are boxes for each membergroup which allows you to set them to being able to post only after approval.

You can then apply this to all membergroups... and finally apply that profile to a board.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Kindred

Justyne...

You know, I looked there previously and didn not see it...    I look again and still don't.

So, I guess I am as confused as the original poster, since I can't seem to find a by-board approval permission any where. The only say I see to get someone into the approval queue is to place them on post-warning.
Слaва
Украинi

niko

Quote from: Kindred on April 28, 2008, 10:50:42 AM
it can?

Well, it won't show if post approval haven't been enabled from core features.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Justyne

1) create a new profile:

2) set permisisons:

3) apply to board:

If that helps any...
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Kindred

thanks, justyne...    Yup... that was it.

ALEJO - Did Justyne's images help you?
Remember, as Niko said, "posyt moderation" also has to be turned on from the main features list.
Слaва
Украинi

ALEJO

yes, thx
ps: the approval profile should be on the default 2.0 so others users dont have to do all that :)
thx for the help justyne and kindred

Advertisement: