News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Trafalgar

Will this mod be able to support games that ibpro supports? More complex games such as yeti sports.

gbsothere

Quote from: Trafalgar on August 04, 2009, 06:12:08 PM
Will this mod be able to support games that ibpro supports? More complex games such as yeti sports.

Trafalgar, yes, v32 games such as Yeti Sports are fine.  In fact, I read your post and, since I've never played any of the Yeti Sports games, uploaded one just to test it out.  It plays and scores just fine.  You can read more about v32 games (games with gamedata folders) here:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=3261.0

or here, depending on your version of SMF and Arcade:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=4579.0

If you install the arcade, I recommend registering at http://smfarcade.info for quick help and also to learn more about the arcade by reading the forum WIKI. 

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Trafalgar

Thank you. I was reluctant to install the arcade thinking it was lacking features but it seems like it works similar with other arcade brands I'm used to such as v3 and ibpro. Thanks, installed the mod.

Harvester

Hello,

Need a little help please :D

I installed 2.0.18 on 1.1.10 tonight.

I also uploaded a bunch of game packs.

The arcade seems to work just fine. All the games i have tested play well also.

I only notice 1 problem...

for some games when you are done and hit submit nothing happens...

but for most games, like Avoider for example, when y ou are done and it goes to submit your score or whatever it is going to do when  the game ends... I get a blank white screen that says "The requested URL was not found on this server. "

I believe it has to do with my e107 bridge because the bridge changes the path and i think the arcade is tryin to go to the default location...

it tries to go to ht tp://ww w.mywebsite.com/e107_plugins/smf/index.php?action=arcade

when I believe it should be going to: ht tp://ww w.mywebsite.com/e107_plugins/smf/smf.php?action=arcade

that is if it is indeed trying to return to the arcade front page?

I c ould use any and all help please :D

thank you

niko

Quote from: Harvester on August 08, 2009, 03:16:31 AM
Hello,

but for most games, like Avoider for example, when y ou are done and it goes to submit your score or whatever it is going to do when  the game ends... I get a blank white screen that says "The requested URL was not found on this server. "

I believe it has to do with my e107 bridge because the bridge changes the path and i think the arcade is tryin to go to the default location...

it tries to go to ht tp://ww w.mywebsite.com/e107_plugins/smf/index.php?action=arcade

when I believe it should be going to: ht tp://ww w.mywebsite.com/e107_plugins/smf/smf.php?action=arcade

thank you

SMF Arcade games are hard coded to submit to index.php?action=arcade, so you need to rewrite this if that url doesn't work.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Harvester

Quote from: Niko on August 08, 2009, 04:40:26 AM
Quote from: Harvester on August 08, 2009, 03:16:31 AM
Hello,

thank you

SMF Arcade games are hard coded to submit to index.php?action=arcade, so you need to rewrite this if that url doesn't work.

ok... where and what code do I edit? which file? :D

Harvester

seems I have another problem also...

any custom member group i have created.. can not access the arcade regardless of how i set their permissions...

they all see the same thing "No games available for playing"

I have all my custom membergroups set to "view arcade" and "play on arcade" but they can not play or see any games.

niko

Quote from: Harvester on August 08, 2009, 02:11:51 PM
seems I have another problem also...

any custom member group i have created.. can not access the arcade regardless of how i set their permissions...

they all see the same thing "No games available for playing"

I have all my custom membergroups set to "view arcade" and "play on arcade" but they can not play or see any games.

http://wiki.smfarcade.info/SMF_Arcade/FAQ#Some_members.2Fmembergroups_can_play_while_others_cannot.21
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)

Harvester

ok great. ty :D

what about my previous question about the hard coded url? (couple posts up)

I really would like to get this to work but have no idea how to begin to fix this.

Harvester

Quote from: Niko on August 08, 2009, 04:40:26 AM

Where do I do this at?

Ive been searching every file I can think of and I cannot find where this would be changed...

help please?

niko

It's in each game. I meant rewrite as in using .htaccess or similar technology

Harvester

Quote from: Niko on August 09, 2009, 02:18:00 AM

if I cant use htaccess what other options do i have?

Harvester

Quote from: Niko on August 09, 2009, 02:18:00 AM

can you please tell me what I would put in the .htaccess file?

so instead of going to  ht tp://ww w.mywebsite.com/e107_plugins/smf/index.php?action=arcade

it goes to: ht tp://ww w.mywebsite.com/e107_plugins/smf/smf.php?action=arcade

Im not sure how to even begin to do this. Please help? Thank you.,

TurtleKicker

I've been looking at this mod for a while but haven't installed it. I'm concerned about the legality of many of the games in the offered gamepacks. As far as I can tell, they are filled with blatant copyright violations... I have a hard time imagining Nintendo, Atari, Konami, Sega, etc gave permissions for their ROMs to be played as free Flash games?

I searched through most of this thread and couldn't find this core issue being discussed or resolve, so I'm resorting to asking outright:

How legal can this possibly be?

gbsothere

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

psynx

hello,

i installed this mod manually using the parser.

im using dilber mc theme, smf 1.1.10

after installation, when i tried to open my www.forumsite.com/index.php?action=arcade i got this error

Table 'b4_3811946_55035.smf_arcade_games' doesn't exist
File: /home/vol8/byethost4.com/b4_3811946/mirc-chatters.isgreat.org/htdocs/Sources/Arcade.php
Line: 232

please help me... thank you.

gbsothere

Try this link, found at SMF Arcade's support site:

http://wiki.smfarcade.info/SMF_Arcade/FAQ#SMF_Database_Upgrade_Error

:)

(You should have an upgrade.php file in your SMF 1.1.10 zip's folder.  Put it in your forum's root directory and point your browser to it.  Then you'll want to upload and run installArcade.php again to create the missing table.)

ETA:  If you get a "smiley" error while doing this, this link will be helpful:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=1079.0

Forbs

Quote from: psynx on August 14, 2009, 11:29:48 AM
hello,

i installed this mod manually using the parser.

im using dilber mc theme, smf 1.1.10

after installation, when i tried to open my www.forumsite.com/index.php?action=arcade i got this error

Table 'b4_3811946_55035.smf_arcade_games' doesn't exist
File: /home/vol8/byethost4.com/b4_3811946/mirc-chatters.isgreat.org/htdocs/Sources/Arcade.php
Line: 232

please help me... thank you.

Why not you install automatically? I think then it should t  be no eror, at least so in my case ...

psynx

i can't install it manually.

im using a free webhosting and there is a limit in installing packages or file size.

so instead i install mods via ftp.

Advertisement: