News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Stars and Badges

Started by Bulakbol, February 29, 2008, 11:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis526

Quote from: Bulakbol on August 30, 2009, 12:15:17 AM
Enter the additional group ID's only. They will be displayed by the order of id. If you don't enter the id for orange, the orange will not be displayed.

Got it.  The tricky thing for me was figuring out the group's id number, until I realized they're displayed in the browser address bar.  Duh.  Okay that's all.  Everything works great now.  Thanks a bunch for this mod, and thanks for being so attentive to our questions.   :D

Bulakbol

@Lewis526
Cool. You're welcome.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Kevin Waggoner

*sighs*

ok, I installed your modification, and my package up-loader stated it was perfect, no errors what so ever.

here is the thing, When I activate the mod to supposedly allow me to have more than one badge appear, I get the primary badge and then the "*" for the secondary's. I have attached screen shots of what I mean as well as a screen shot of the badges.

forum.wolfcreationsinc.com <----- this is my forum (apparently I'm not allowed to post external hyperlinks O_o...so I just took off the hyper text protocol so you'll have to cupy and paste it into the browser bar)

I am not very good when it comes to codes, ESPECIALLY php, that's like..you might as well beat me over the head with a brick several times until I keel over

Hope you can help, I would love to be able to use this modification efficiently :)

[nofollow]

Acans

Hi Kevin, you can't post external links till you get to a certain post count.

Have you gone into features and options and put in your order of displaying badges yet, eg

The default Administrator's group id is 1, and the default Global Moderator Id is 2, so in features and options you will see a space label with this

Arrange additional group id to be displayed.

Basically means the order the addional membergroups are displayed, so I would have mine as

so moderator is displayed second and my other custom group is displayed 3rd. For big forums with lots of membergroups like my old one it got it all way like this

Remember the numbers must be seperated by a , and to find the group id of group just go into the edit mode of it and in the browsers url it will  have its id. Hope that helps.

Now for Wade's problem, trying to install on a new forum, however I think another mod might have changed something with my load.php, can you take a look at it jonnyb
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Kevin Waggoner

Quote from: α¢αηѕ on September 02, 2009, 02:34:55 AM
Hi Kevin, you can't post external links till you get to a certain post count.

Have you gone into features and options and put in your order of displaying badges yet, eg

The default Administrator's group id is 1, and the default Global Moderator Id is 2, so in features and options you will see a space label with this

Arrange additional group id to be displayed.

Basically means the order the addional membergroups are displayed, so I would have mine as

so moderator is displayed second and my other custom group is displayed 3rd. For big forums with lots of membergroups like my old one it got it all way like this

Remember the numbers must be seperated by a , and to find the group id of group just go into the edit mode of it and in the browsers url it will  have its id. Hope that helps.

Now for Wade's problem, trying to install on a new forum, however I think another mod might have changed something with my load.php, can you take a look at it jonnyb

I have already done all that before I posted =/
[nofollow]

warlock2009

where i can get Stars and Badges for smf v1.1.10
cause iam use Stars and Badges2.1 it's not working

Bladerider

Got a question for the php code wizzard...

This mod is set up and working fine....but I want to make a change.

I am showing this as my badges now...

And I want to replace the first displayed badge with a new one that will span the whole first row.
This badge will be for a very limited number of members.

I would like to continue with the groups of three below it for all users that have it, and can live with the other users having just one small badge in their first row if they don't have the special one.

I have been playing with the code but just can't seem to get it work out right.

I would like for it to look like this if possible...

I have attached my display.template.php.
I am using the alienation theme...

Thanks in advance for any help I receive....blade

yabanize

So basicly im using the theme Phobos by Bloc

So ive installed it and The badges show on the profile page but not on the posts page..

can anyone help me with installing manually on that theme?

Im going to try manually now and ill delete this if i succeed

Rhyme

Quote from: yabanize on September 30, 2009, 12:08:50 AM

So ive installed it and The badges show on the profile page but not on the posts page..

I was just looking at the coding, and it seems like it's the same replacement for each theme.  So asuming that's the case, just go to your theme, modify the theme, browse the templates and files for that theme, click on your display template.php then follow this:

Find:

', $message['member']['group_stars'], '<br />';

Replace with:

if (!empty($context['badges']['ownline']))      
      {
         foreach($context['badges']['ownline'] AS $key)
            for ($i = 0; $i < count($message['member']['additional_groups']['id']); $i++)   
                if ($message['member']['additional_groups']['id'][$i] == $key)
                    echo $message['member']['additional_groups']['stars'][$i], '<br />';
      }          
      elseif (!empty($message['member']['additional_groups']['id']))

That's all that I can think of doing.

yabanize

Quote from: Rhyme on September 30, 2009, 12:17:29 AM
Quote from: yabanize on September 30, 2009, 12:08:50 AM

I was just looking at the coding, and it seems like it's the same replacement for each theme.  So asuming that's the case, just go to your theme, modify the theme, browse the templates and files for that theme, click on your display template.php then follow this:

Find:

Replace with:

if (!empty($context['badges']['ownline']))      
      {
         foreach($context['badges']['ownline'] AS $key)
                if ($message['member']['additional_groups']['id'][$i] == $key)
      }          
      elseif (!empty($message['member']['additional_groups']['id']))

That's all that I can think of doing.

WOW! thanks for such a quick reply! ill try that soon

yabanize

YEYAAHHH!!! it worked first try!! Great mod! and thanks Rhyme!

Rhyme

Quote from: yabanize on September 30, 2009, 01:01:45 AM
YEYAAHHH!!! it worked first try!! Great mod! and thanks Rhyme!

My pleasure.  Now if only there were simple fixes for my issues with other mods, lol.

Oh and WOOT my first time to actually help someone on this forum XD

king kratos

I have looked through this topic and still cannot seem to figure out how to make my badges and stars work.

I have multiple member groups set up (Admin, Glob Mod, Coach Leader, Leader, Parent, Student, Beta tester, RC tester, and 5 post count groups). I have set all the groups in "arrange additional.......display" (example 1, 2, 3, 10, etc).

My issue is with the post count groups. All of my other groups (non-post count) show each badge in the order they are listed. However, none of the post count groups (stars) are showing under the non-post count groups.

Any help would be great!

Kratos

yabanize

Quote from: king kratos on October 01, 2009, 12:16:16 AM
I have looked through this topic and still cannot seem to figure out how to make my badges and stars work.

I have multiple member groups set up (Admin, Glob Mod, Coach Leader, Leader, Parent, Student, Beta tester, RC tester, and 5 post count groups). I have set all the groups in "arrange additional.......display" (example 1, 2, 3, 10, etc).

My issue is with the post count groups. All of my other groups (non-post count) show each badge in the order they are listed. However, none of the post count groups (stars) are showing under the non-post count groups.

Any help would be great!

Kratos

What theme are you using?

king kratos

Default Theme

The following is a list of mods currently installed:

1. ZuperAdmin
2. More Spiders 1.2
3. Custom Form Mod 1.5
4. Hide Post Authors 1.2
5. Simple Award System 2.0.3
6. MessagePreviewOnHover 1.7
7. Stars And Badges 2.1
8. Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags 1.3 
9. Global Headers Footers 2.0
10. Ultimate Profile 0.9
11. Hide ip stuff for users 1.0
14. Order Stickied Topics 1.01
15. Topic Solved 1.1
16. PageDropdown 1.1
17. Redirect on Login and/or Logout mod 0.3
18. SimplePortal 2.3
19. Countdown_BBCode 1.0
20. PM to New Members 1.2

yabanize

Quote from: king kratos on October 01, 2009, 05:34:21 PM
Default Theme

The following is a list of mods currently installed:

1. ZuperAdmin
2. More Spiders 1.2
3. Custom Form Mod 1.5
4. Hide Post Authors 1.2
5. Simple Award System 2.0.3
6. MessagePreviewOnHover 1.7
7. Stars And Badges 2.1
8. Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags 1.3 
9. Global Headers Footers 2.0
10. Ultimate Profile 0.9
11. Hide ip stuff for users 1.0
14. Order Stickied Topics 1.01
15. Topic Solved 1.1
16. PageDropdown 1.1
17. Redirect on Login and/or Logout mod 0.3
18. SimplePortal 2.3
19. Countdown_BBCode 1.0
20. PM to New Members 1.2

Sorry i was looking at the wrong post.. Try reinstalling the mod

king kratos

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice now with no luck!

Rhyme

Quote from: king kratos on October 01, 2009, 06:10:40 PM

What are the files you are having trouble with? Did any test fail?

king kratos

Quote from: Rhyme on October 01, 2009, 09:17:01 PM
Quote from: king kratos on October 01, 2009, 06:10:40 PM

What are the files you are having trouble with? Did any test fail?

See this:

Quote from: king kratos on October 01, 2009, 12:16:16 AM

Any help would be great!

Kratos

No tests failed, and the mod works, but like i said in the quote above, it doesn't show the post count group stars under the main group badge.

Kratos

Garou

I haven't actually used this mod in a while now but I know at one point the mod didn't support post count based groups. JB talked about adding it but I don't know if he ever did.

Advertisement: