News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

An RPG type of Mod?

Started by Lady Ambrosia, July 22, 2006, 02:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ambrosia

I will TOTALLY understand if this can't be done, but it doesn't hurt to ask right?

Okay, I was wondering if a mod could be "whipped" up for an RPG.  Something like what vBulletin uses.  I use 1.1 RC2, I don't know if that will make a difference or not.

The best way that I can explain the vBulletin RPG is that it works like the Shop Mod.  Except that it's an RPG.  You can battle against different creatures, but can also battle against eachother.  The "money" you earn from posting on the forum or even while playing the RPG stays with you and you can use it for the Shop or for the RPG (that sounded a little jumbled).  The RPG has it's own shop where you can buy potions, armor, weapons, and can even buy battles or bet on battles.  Whatever you do in the RPG shows up on your Profile (it has a link to show your RPG Stats on your posting profile).

You can choose your character, race, special power...and all that as well.

If this can't be done...that's totally cool....I just thought I would ask is all ;)

Thank for reading and if someone decides to take on this mod....thanks in advance!
"To the world you maybe just one person, but to one person you may just be the world." -Unknown

Avatar created completely by: Ambrosia's Castle

Lady Ambrosia

I see that this probably isn't possible.  That's okay, thank you all who read this.

Thank You.
"To the world you maybe just one person, but to one person you may just be the world." -Unknown

gamesmad

Its possible, Ive been thinking of taking this one on.  I will do it as soon as I finish my current mods.

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Lady Ambrosia

Quote from: gamesmad on July 24, 2006, 01:38:12 AM
Its possible, Ive been thinking of taking this one on.  I will do it as soon as I finish my current mods.

Will

Oh wow!!  That's cool, can't wait to see what you come up with!  But don't rush your other mods  ;D

Advertisement: