News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Enable/Disable Themes

Started by JayBachatero, July 19, 2006, 01:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Link to Mod
Review this Mod

This mod will give you the option to disable certain themes.  Once you disable a theme you can give certain membergroups the ability to see disabled themes.  Admins can see disabled themes by default.

! In order to work properly you need to allow users to "Allow members to select their own themes." and "Allow members to select the "Default" theme".
! You CAN'T disable the default theme. 
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

qtime

excellent mod for using different themes according to membergroup
like donators: no banners
normal members: banners.

JayBachatero

You can accomplish the ad stuff with the Ad management mod.
Follow me on Twitter

Deaks

im getting error when I go to install

./Sources/ManagePermissions.php
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

JayBachatero

Umm it seems like you have another mod installed and it's not finding the search spot.  You can manually make the change.
Follow me on Twitter

guppy

Hi,

I installed on SMF1.1 RC3 without errors. But where do I enable / disable the themes?  :-\

JayBachatero

Admin > Current Theme. At the bottom.
Follow me on Twitter

guppy

I've uninstalled and reinstalled but it's still not showing up. The last option on Current Theme is "Hide post group titles for grouped members?".

This is what I had when installing:

Quote1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Themes.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
6. Execute Code install.php

codenaught

Are you by any chance using a custom theme that also uses its own Modifications.english.php file? If that is the case you will need to add the text strings the mod adds to Themes/default/Modifications.english.php to Themes/your_theme/Modifications.english.php. I know some themes include their own Modifications.english.php file.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

guppy

Actually I did a fresh installation of SMF1.1 RC3 on my PC so that I can do testing offline so I'm still on the default theme. I'll go take a peek at the mod manual instructions to see if something was missed out in the mod installation. :)

Gobo

Hi Jay

I wanted to ask, if I used this mod to disallow everyone to use a certain theme - and then set it as the default of a certain board - would they switch over to it? Or not?

I ask because I use Bloc's Wiki theme for a certain board - but I dont wish this theme to be selectable by users - but they should be able to see it as the default when they enter that specific board.

Also the mod says it is only compatible with RC2 - but I see here mentioned that someone installed it on RC3, would you recommend using it for RC3 or are there changes that may cause generation of errors in the logs?

Thanks
Aku

JayBachatero

This mod show work for RC3 with out a problem.

Also if I'm correct the boad specific theme should work fine.
Follow me on Twitter

Gobo

This is weird - I downloaded the package and when uploading it gave me a corruption message

So I tried unzipping on my PC and it says:

"This archive is corrupt"
"Unexpected end of archive"

Laibeus Lord

you have a typo in your DB install file.

array_flip($avaiableColumns);

Missing letter "L"

array_flip($availableColumns);

^^

Quote from: JayBachatero on September 23, 2006, 12:07:10 AM
Admin > Current Theme. At the bottom.

If I understood it correctly, the Admin must switch to each theme to enable/disable it?

Any chance of creating an admin page instead wherein we can check/uncheck which themes to disable?

Thanks!!

JayBachatero

Thanks for pointing that out.  I'll get it fixed.  Also that is the only way to disable themes right now.  Maybe in the future I'll change this.
Follow me on Twitter

RoarinRow

Anyone try this on SMF 1.1.1.   ???

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Laibeus Lord

RoarinRow

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Snape

Quote from: Laibeus Lord on December 20, 2006, 03:18:16 AM
Yep, it works.

It's not working for me...even after I added the modifications to custom theme's Modifications.english.php file.

Snape

Another minor problem- when the package is installed, it inserts the code to Modifications.english.php AFTER the ?> which requires a manual edit to correct (otherwise the $txt['disable_theme'] = 'Disable this theme?'; code displays at the top of every page).

Advertisement: