News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error out of the Blue

Started by phark, July 29, 2006, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phark

No changes have been made to any files and my board [nofollow] has been running without problems until this morning when this error suddenly appeared:

Database Error:
File: /home/lowellmi/public_html/yabbse/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 83

That's all it says and I checked the database FAQ and didn't find anything.  Any ideas?

Thanks

EDIT:  If I logout, the main page does not show any errors.

sawz

the link you provided to "my board" goes to a page that reloads 5 or 6 times per second.
whats up with that?
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

phark

Must be something on your end... I just clicked and didn't get your results. 

sawz

that link http://lowellmi.net/ delivers this:

Welcome Lowell Alumni

Lowell Michigan High School Alumni

Go Red Arrows!

Brought to you by Patrick Harkness & Daniel Davis

I started this website LATE one night after receiving a notice from classmates.com that my membership was about to expire. The cost to renew my membership was over $30 a year and I thought this was just ridiculous!  So, I set out to find some sort of "Forum" software and came up with YaBB Gold.  I worked until 3AM and had a working product. Lowell High School Alumni would not have to pay classmates.com again, our site is FREE!

From there, I put the site online at my personal webpage pharkness.com and sent the link out to Julie Idema-Simmons and a few other friends to check out.  I got their approval on the site and idea and launched a advertising campaign, using my classmates.com account (which I had to re-subscribe to in order to reach the masses).  From there, it took off.  In just a couple of weeks, we had over 200 members and growing strong!

After a month or so, Dan and I realized that the server was not keeping up and the software which was based on PERL was starting to bog-down.  I had my eye on YaBB SE for some time which was based on PHP & MySQL.  With the software picked out, we changed again, adding more speed and options to the website.  But something was still lacking.

I wanted the ability to have a CMS (Content Management System) so we could post local news and other related items, a Front End for YaBB SE.  There was not a thing out there without switching to a hole new Forum software.  Then, I stumbled accross a guy in Toronto named Andy Prevost who wanted the same thing and possessed a vast knowledge of PHP & MySQL.  Andy & I talked about a CMS for a bit, and he came out with ttCMS (ttCMS.com).  Within a few weeks it was done and this is it.  Andy was able to fix some MAJOR bugs that plagued YaBB, like the Cookie issue.

Today is 11/19/2002 and we have over 400 members.

Let me know if you have comments or suggestions,

Sincerely

Patrick Harkness

Class of 1986

then begins to reload like crazy

sawz

i noticed this in the head of the page

<SCRIPT>
<!--
location.replace("http://www.lowellmi.net/yabbse");
//-->
</SCRIPT>

phark

When I click, it doesn't flinch and jumps right to the forum.  I had forgot that html page was even there its been so long since I've seen it.

If I remember correctly, it was placed there for search engines.

So, now that we've analyzed that, any idea what that error means?   ;)

sawz

lets start by deleting your cookies and clearing out your cache.
also do you have any mods installed?
you may want to change that <script> to a http redirect only because
lots of folks use a variety of browsers and they may not be able to see
your forums unless they do what i did and view the source.

phark

Tried...  still the same results.

No new mods have been added and no script changes have been made in months.  I tried a different theme with the same results.

sawz

if your Boardindex is unaffected by any mods, re uploading a fresh copy may help

gamesmad

If you dont have any mods, try uploading a fresh copy of BoardIndex.php

EDIT - Dang, sawz beat me to it by 9 secs...  LOL

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

phark

Quote from: gamesmad on July 29, 2006, 11:29:00 AM
If you dont have any mods, try uploading a fresh copy of BoardIndex.php

EDIT - Dang, sawz beat me to it by 9 secs...  LOL

Will

LOL

Yeah, that was my last resort.  All the mods I have installed are standard installs through the admin menu, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.  I'll give it a try after I go to the store and letcha know. 

Thanks.

gamesmad

Hope that sorts it out for you, post again if you get any other errors.

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

phark

Strange... I got back from shopping and it's working now.  Must have been a server glitch. 

Thanks for the help & ideas!   :)

sawz

at least its fixed. i have experienced similar issues with other software, docent work one moment, then later it works.

NetGeek

It was a server glitch in a small way. I had the same problem.  It means your server ran out of inodes which was pretty much locking you out of the Database in locations where more inodes than you had free were being used.  The reason it was fixed is your server admin must have noticed that you were running low on inodes and supplied you with some more  ;D

Advertisement: