News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Arantor on February 20, 2022, 03:13:45 PMThe problem with that is that it suddenly becomes very theme dependent, in a way it isn't today - adding to the main_content_section can be done trivially without being 100% dependent on the theme actually implementing it that way (and 2.0 themes being ported forward probably won't bother with footer as is because it wasn't like that in 2.0)

Though I suppose you could stack it with a buffer rewrite to inject on </footer> if present for best case? But then there's support issues for people who don't have that in their theme :(

Are you describing an intrinsic problem with supporting SMF 2.1.1 with this mod?

Arantor

No, I was describing why someone's feature request really isn't as simple as it sounds in theory.

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Arantor on April 14, 2022, 03:22:00 AMNo, I was describing why someone's feature request really isn't as simple as it sounds in theory.
Oh ok, cool. :)

Do you know if this works in SMF 2.1.1? It's the last mod with a question mark for me holding me back from upgrading from 2.1RC4.

Steve

Worked fine on my test platform 2.1.1
DO NOT pm me for support!

vbgamer45

I have tested the mod as well. And updated the mod to say it supports 2.1
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

pikeman

The error has not been fixed yet, the banners at the bottom of the forum do not have a good display, they should be lowered below the menus and buttons on the right. This only happens to guests (not members) who are reviewing the topic. Banners are displayed on other pages.

Chrome:

Firefox:

Firefox doesn't show them at all.

Ad Management mod has the same error.

Riggs1973

Hi im looking to add a simple image across the top of my forums the full width which will adjust with the forums size, I have this mod installed now but unfortunately i lack the code knowledge to add this in the mod.

Could someone please help me with the code please so i can add my forum header please. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards Andy

Dan_

I used the mod to put a header under the link tree and a footer.  The footer is fine, and the header is mostly fine.
However the spacing is goofy and will not change. 

I used BBcode and had to change it several times to get the <ahref>s and [color]s right.  Could it be that the mod is not cleaning up after itself?

If there is some manual editing I could do to whatever file this mod is altering perhaps I could do that with some ideas for what to do.

When I first put the text in, it went on top of the members, posts. topics, welcome our newest member tree...
I experimented with some carriage returns and now it has about 3 extra in there.

Thanks in advance.

You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.

Dan_

vbgamer45

No, sorry don't have time to look into this.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dan_

Ok, Thanks.  I guess it's an orphan then...

m4z

In your BBCode, you're missing a closing ">" for the "a" tag, just before "[left]".
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Steve

To just clarify, m4z means the 'Global Header Content', second line.

Come to think of it @m4z ... shouldn't the closing left, size and font bbccodes be before the </a>? Or does it matter?

Arantor

Yes it does matter, quite a lot actually. You always need to wrap these things in correct order, so if you have 1-then-2-then-3, the closing order needs to be 3-then-2-then-1.

Mind you, intermashing HTML and bbcode is not a particularly great idea either, far better to consistently use one or the other, not both.

Steve

I suspected as much. Just wasn't sure when using bbcode with html. Thanks @Arantor:)

Arantor

Since the bbcode becomes HTML anyway you still have tag nesting as a problem - it's just bbcode tries to compensate around you if you get it wrong.

Dan_

Thanks all!  Humble pie...  tastes good in this instance...  I could not see the forest for the trees.

Marking solved.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Sir Osis of Liver

Is his mod still being supported?  Logging a lot of these -

Today at 01:15:29 PM
Type of error: General
http://kotct2017.knightsofthecointable.com/index.php?topic=1556.0
8: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
File: /home/u0fgcfwp0drf/public_html/kotct2017/Themes/default/smfhacks_templates/global-hf.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 45

Today at 01:15:29 PM
Type of error: General
http://kotct2017.knightsofthecointable.com/index.php?topic=1556.0
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 105 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /home/u0fgcfwp0drf/public_html/kotct2017/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1191

Errors always occur in pairs.  2.0.19, php 7.4, v2.1a

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: