News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Global Announcements

Started by JayBachatero, August 15, 2006, 02:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jossanaijr

Quote from: TrueSatan on October 03, 2007, 10:33:42 PM
???? You can't reply to a GA anyway so what replies would be lost?
Ups... did not notice that before.
You are right.  Thanks again.

smartmouse

When will be available a new version compatible with SMF v1.1.4 ?

TrueSatan

The current version should work perfectly well in SMF 1.1.4 as the mod isn't SMF version specific.

NeLLIsania

Quote from: TrueSatan on October 04, 2007, 09:15:38 PM
The current version should work perfectly well in SMF 1.1.4 as the mod isn't SMF version specific.

sorry but i'm update my forum from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 by using patch(smf_patch_1.0.12_1.1.4_2.0.b1.1.tar.gz) and GA not showing anywhere. And i check all setting and verifing that mod installed and working correctly, but GA ins't work for me :( And forum log empty for this mod.
/* Have a nice day! */

TrueSatan

I'm trying to understand what you mean but you message is rather confused. I think you are saying that you had the mod installed and working properly in SMF 1.1.3 then updated to SMF 1.1.4 and the mod stopped working. This can happen when you update the SMF version as the  edits mods make may be overwritten by the forum update...the resolution for it is to go through the process of a manual install and to put the necessary edits into the files once more.

NeLLIsania

QuoteI'm trying to understand what you mean but you message is rather confused. I think you are saying that you had the mod installed and working properly in SMF 1.1.3 then updated to SMF 1.1.4 and the mod stopped working. This can happen when you update the SMF version as the  edits mods make may be overwritten by the forum update...the resolution for it is to go through the process of a manual install and to put the necessary edits into the files once more.
sorry for my bad english... i understand you. i'll try your metod. tnks
/* Have a nice day! */

smartmouse

Quote from: smartmouse on October 04, 2007, 09:06:00 PM
When will be available a new version compatible with SMF v1.1.4 ?

It worked on 1.1.4 with no problems! Thank you.

I have a little question: can i make existing sticky topics as global announcements?

TrueSatan

You can only do that by reposting them as GAs...you can't move the existing posting to make it into a GA. BTW...glad it's working for you now.

smartmouse

Quote from: TrueSatan on October 06, 2007, 10:38:17 PM
You can only do that by reposting them as GAs...you can't move the existing posting to make it into a GA.

If i go to edit something in the database? It is possible to make existing topics as GA?

TrueSatan

I really wouldn't try it...you can edit almost anything if you are sufficiently good at it, and want to spend hours on it, but it's not something I would ever advise that you do.

veldfire

I am using a custom theme and don't have:

// Create the button set...
   $normal_buttons = array(

Where can i edit?

TrueSatan

It would depend entirely on what that custom theme has used as a replacement to the system in the default theme...you might be best asking the custom them developer.

veldfire

Quote from: TrueSatan on October 07, 2007, 06:53:03 PM
It would depend entirely on what that custom theme has used as a replacement to the system in the default theme...you might be best asking the custom them developer.
Thanks. Unfortunately, that developer is no longer around. Guess I am SOL :(

NeLLIsania

I've checked some files, but it wasn't changed after upgrading forum. Fixed the files - mode started working. Thanks!
/* Have a nice day! */

writerrobert680

For some reason the mod isn't working for me. :(

TrueSatan

With zero information form you as to your forum and the exact way in which the mod isn't working all I can do is to shrug and say that that's a shame. To give you more support than that I'd need a lot more information from you than you've given.

writerrobert680

Quote from: TrueSatan on October 08, 2007, 07:49:56 PM
With zero information form you as to your forum and the exact way in which the mod isn't working all I can do is to shrug and say that that's a shame. To give you more support than that I'd need a lot more information from you than you've given.

Sorry.

When I installed it a while ago it was fine and then it started to disappear as in the link to modify the settings was gone and the extra space was left. Then, today, when I had upgraded to 1.0.4 I could not even view my global announcements. Do you want a screen shot?

kichu

IS there any option to show New PopUp Global Announcement for one time...

TrueSatan

@ writerrobert680

It sounds as though you may have changed your forum langusge from English (perhaps to English utf8)...you need to make sure it is set to English.

You need to go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8 and to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Settings and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support.

I would suggest that as you say only some of the mod text wasn't there earlier if the above change doesn't work that you go through the process of a manual installation of the mod and check that it is all in place and hasn't been overwritten (perhaps by another mod.)

@ Kichu

No, not a feature of this mod.

writerrobert680

Quote from: TrueSatan on October 09, 2007, 09:19:23 AM
@ writerrobert680

It sounds as though you may have changed your forum langusge from English (perhaps to English utf8)...you need to make sure it is set to English.

You need to go to ACP>Server Settings and set your forum language to English and not English utf8 and to ACP>Features and Options>Basic Settings and uncheck Enable user-selectable language support.

I would suggest that as you say only some of the mod text wasn't there earlier if the above change doesn't work that you go through the process of a manual installation of the mod and check that it is all in place and hasn't been overwritten (perhaps by another mod.)

@ Kichu

No, not a feature of this mod.

What mod/s do you think could be making the GA not work? I have TP and 1.1.4

Advertisement: