News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Global Announcements

Started by JayBachatero, August 15, 2006, 02:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueSatan

I couldn't begin to hazard a guess at what mod might have changed your files but the resolution would be the same in any case...go through the process of a manual install and make sure that all items relating to this mod are properly in place.

Your initial bug report said that over time, and in stages, part of the mod failed...it is this that makes me think that at each of these stages part of the mod has been overwritten or edited in such a way that it stops working.

You would need to work with a test forum to see which of your mods might be causing a problem by a process of trying and eliminating them.

James Z.

this mod is great, however it doesn't generate links on the "who's online" list
so if a user is viewing a global announcement - I can't click to see which one
can this be resolved?

b.t.w- any way to make this mod work on GA too?

RuneAvenue

The global announcement didn't end up showing up...

TrueSatan

Perhaps you aren't using the SMF Default theme and haven't manually installed it into any custom themes you may wish to use...other than that your bug report tells me so little it's difficult to be of any assistance to you.

James Z.

Quote from: TrueSatan on October 20, 2007, 03:27:11 PM
Perhaps you aren't using the SMF Default theme and haven't manually installed it into any custom themes you may wish to use...other than that your bug report tells me so little it's difficult to be of any assistance to you.

I do have the default theme, however my forum is not in english language

TrueSatan

You will need to translate the mod into your language for it to work properly. Please see the SMF official documantation for details on translation of mods and look at GlobalAnnouncementsAdmin.english.php in particular.

Seanmcn

Ur_Irish_Rose

this mod says its corrupt :( ive tried to install it several times and ive also downloaded it several times

i realy need this mod on my forum .

can someone help me please.
http://www.boards-express-forum.com/BE/index.php
Irish And Proud SMF Charter Member

TrueSatan

Often you will get such corruption claims from one browser but not from another...have you tried a different browser?

I just tested the mod and had no problems with the download or any other stage of installation so all appears to be as it should be.

Jameel225

showing this error plz help me

i m using smf 1.1.4

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/MessageIndex.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageNews.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Who.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php    Test successful
13.    Extract File    ./Sources/GlobalAnnouncementsAdmin.php    
14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/GlobalAnnouncementsAdmin.template.php    
15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/GlobalAnnouncementsAdmin.english.php    
16.    Extract File    ./Sources/GlobalAnnouncements.php    
17.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/GlobalAnnouncements.template.php    
18.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-GlobalAnnouncementsAdmin.php    
19.    Execute Code    ga_install.php

TrueSatan

Your error is a variant on the most common error of all those reported on these pages...it tells you that another mod you have installed has already edited the file in question and that you thus need to do a manual installation of this mod. Please read:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402.msg531#msg531

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

The following may also prove helpful:

http://modparser.dev.dansoftaustralia.net/

Mirror of the last link:

http://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

allumius

Sorry for my english
I have a problem with mod Global Announcements

When I am in the index of the forum, the order that one sees in the forum is:

Categoria
|_Foro1
|_Foro2
       |_Subforo1
       |_Subforo2

If I enter inside Foro1 one sees

-Global Announcements
-Mensajes del Foro1

Hitherto quite correct.
The problem is that when I enter(approach) the Foro2 that has inside Subforums, one sees:

-Subforos
  |_Subforo1
  |_Subforo2

-Global Announcements
-Mensajes del Foro2

In short: the subforums over Global Announcements when I believe that it  has to be upside-down?
Global Announcements must go first, after the subforums and finally the messages of the forum where I am
Since I can arrange it?

perro88

sorry for this stupid question but in the admin panel what things this mods should add? a link on the left panel to the GA options and one permission? or something else too?

souljaa

Hey! Great mod, but just having a problem, the Settings for the mod won't show up in my Admin Panel, but I could go there using a link, but I can't view it in my Panel.
What file do I have to modify?
Thanks!
Souljaa

PM me for more information about staff. NOW HIRING.

TrueSatan

@ souljaa

It sounds as though you are either not using the SMF Default theme or not using English (meaning also don't use English utf8) as your forum language. If you wish to use another theme than the SMF default one you will need to manually install the mod into it and if you wish to use a different language you will need to translate the mod into it.

@ perro88

Maybe the above gives a clue to the issues prompting your query too.

perro88

Quote from: TrueSatan on December 29, 2007, 05:03:15 AM
@ souljaa

It sounds as though you are either not using the SMF Default theme or not using English (meaning also don't use English utf8) as your forum language. If you wish to use another theme than the SMF default one you will need to manually install the mod into it and if you wish to use a different language you will need to translate the mod into it.

@ perro88

Maybe the above gives a clue to the issues prompting your query too.
well the link to the settings of the mod didn't appear at first time but corrected after a manual change. the mod also added a permission and just wanted to know if some other option might be missing on my forum so I can try to check the error

TrueSatan

It would appear that you have the admin options OK...the only permission change is in the "Forum administration" and is "Manage Global Announcements". The options in the ACP>Global Announcements should be "Modify GA, Add GA, Settings, Credits".

perro88

Quote from: TrueSatan on December 29, 2007, 03:19:01 PM
It would appear that you have the admin options OK...the only permission change is in the "Forum administration" and is "Manage Global Announcements". The options in the ACP>Global Announcements should be "Modify GA, Add GA, Settings, Credits".
thanks ;D

Jap4viet

Great mod! Thanks you all!!!
But it do not show Vietnamese (UTF-8) Correctly T_T
Please help me!
I don't know y but it's working just fine when i click on Preview and it show ok... but when i add it, it's troubled with the font.. show "??" instead of UTF-8 Vietnamese...

What should i do?

TrueSatan

You will need to translate the mod to Vietnamese as that language is not part of it by default. There are several files that you will need to change as well as the edits the mod makes to English language files...these will have to be made to Vietnamese language files as well.

Advertisement: