News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Global Announcements

Started by JayBachatero, August 15, 2006, 02:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDel

OK Im not reading the 22 pages-
one of my members received the "BOOM! Die you fool." messsage because I sent an email out through Global Announcements. But I know for certain this member was doing no wrong......

Im just afraid others will get it too.

JayBachatero

It was supposed to be an easter egg but from the looks of it the link that is being sent is not correct causing this error.  I'll look more into it when I get a chance.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Jumpmasterrt

Does anyone know if this mod works with 1.1.4 in Default?

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: Jumpmasterrt on April 27, 2008, 09:28:43 AM
Does anyone know if this mod works with 1.1.4 in Default?

Yes its working fine, you could check out at http://forum.itacumens.com

Thanks & Regards,
Sudhakar, Admin
www.itacumens.com
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Jumpmasterrt

Excellent!! Thanks :D

*edit* I'm having an issue with the package.... does smf package manager support tar.gz or do I need to repackage it into a zip?
**edit** I repackaged it to a zip file and it worked fine.

On installation though I got this error
QuoteGlobal Announcements Database Changes
Error: Adding global_announcements table failed.
Error: Adding global_announcements_boards table failed.
Error: The installer was unable to enable the Global Announcements. To enable go to Admin > Features and Options2: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
File: ./htdocs/FORUMS/Packages/temp/ga_install.php
Line: 72Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: ./htdocs/FORUMS/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2010

this failed:
./Sources/ManagePermissions.php
*edit* I see... it's already been altered so I'm going to try a manual install. I like this function of SMF.
           I've never made an SQL table before. (another error I got) GA installed partially so now I just need to finish. When I access the GA Admin menu I get
QuoteTable 'b13_928611_smf1.smf_global_announcements' doesn't exist
File: ../htdocs/FORUMS/Sources/GlobalAnnouncementsAdmin.php
Line: 101

So I'm guessing if I create the table, it'll work.... or at least get me closer. I'm using phpMyAdmin if that helps.
*EDIT* I guessed correctly. I created the tables and it seems to be working. But the package manager says it still needs to be installed. how do I change it so it recognizes it?

*Last Edit*I looked and thought I figured it out.... after looking over the changes that needed to be made I installed it anyway and it worked except that I had 2 GA "Boards" with x number of announcements depending on how many boards I picked. So then I uninstalled it but it didn't Uninstall so it works but says it needs to be installed.

Can someone please help?

Jumpmasterrt

Bump

I also noticed that the x number of posts glitch didn't go away. So unless I choose "all boards" I get the same number of posts of however many number of boards I had chosen. (See attachments)

perplexed

QuoteBut the package manager says it still needs to be installed. how do I change it so it recognizes it?
If you completely manually installed it, you can't. 

QuoteI looked and thought I figured it out.... after looking over the changes that needed to be made I installed it anyway and it worked except that I had 2 GA "Boards" with x number of announcements depending on how many boards I picked. So then I uninstalled it but it didn't Uninstall so it works but says it needs to be installed.

Are you sure you installed it correctly?  With all the installing and uninstalling some code may have got left behind perhaps.

When you say you uninstalled it but it didnt uninstall, what do you mean?

did you take a backup of your sources files before starting this exercise?

Jumpmasterrt

Well quite frankly that's the freakiness of the whole thing..... I only hit the install or apply mod link ONCE. It installed itself when I uploaded it (I know that sounds crazy but I swear it did) and I got the one error on the permissions file. So I did nothing

Then I looked and decided to "install" because of the multi post glitch, and I got the double GA board (with the multi post glitch)

So I uninstalled it and now it's listed back as needing to be installed or applied but it totally works (with only that one glitch). See screenshot

Yes I made backups and I actually didn't manually install anything except for the 2 required tables.

Jumpmasterrt

Well, I got it fixed..... I took a chance and edited the ../Packages/installed.list with the install info and now it shows up as being installed with the [ Uninstall ] command instead of the [Apply Mod]

Thanks for at least trying to help perplexed, if you happen to come up with some idea as to why the multi post happens when I sellect any number of board instead of "all", let me know. :D  I'm going to keep looking at the script paths and see if I can figure it out as well.

*Edit*After reading through the main php file, it looks as though I may have set the sql tables wrong or missed something or his functions for other than "all" don't work.

*Edit*Oh I'm such a tool... here's the deal. I was picking the CATEGORIES, not the actual boards, guess what the ID is for the categories? 0 which is the same as the "all" function. So since I was picking 3 different categories it listed it 3 times in every board.

So, new question.... I'm going to try and mod this mod if it's not already done, but how can we highlight a category to get it to list in all the boards underneath? (See attachment)

Hendo

I'm getting the following error when trying to add a Global Announcement:

"Field 'modifiedTime' doesn't have a default value
File: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\smf\Sources\GlobalAnnouncementsAdmin.php
Line: 270"

I'm am running SMF 1.1.5 with the following mods:
1. Country Flags 1.0.1
2. Custom Action Mod 2.04
3. Custom Profile Field Mod 3.17 
4. Global Announcements 1.0
5. SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update 1.0
6. Ultimate Profile 0.8
7. User Control Panel By Alan S

Anyone know what the issue is?

Hendo

Anyone know the problem?

Jumpmasterrt

Quote from: Hendo on May 07, 2008, 02:25:30 PM
Anyone know the problem?
Is your forum time offset from the server?

L.G.S

Will this be available for 2.0 Beta soon?
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

City Builder

Is this good to go with 1.1.5?  I don't want to mess up my forum trying it if it's not.

Thanks,

Jumpmasterrt

It works for me and I'm running 1.1.5 upgraded from 1.1.4. This package didn't have SMF version restrictions. However you will have to mod for different themes, but that's fairly easy.

spearfish

I would love to see this brought onto 2.0

boredtoday

i'm on 1.1.5 bridged to smf, working great here!!! thank you! :)

vinston84

hey i was wondering if i can change the name Announcements to something else like Top theme >?

Jumpmasterrt

Quote from: vinston84 on June 22, 2008, 02:51:07 PM
hey i was wondering if i can change the name Announcements to something else like Top theme >?
When it's displayed like in the screen shot?

Find:
// Global Announcements...
   if (isset($context['globalAnnouncements']) && count($context['globalAnnouncements']) != 0)
   {
      echo '
      <div class="tborder" ', $context['browser']['needs_size_fix'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie6'] ? 'style="width: 100%;"' : '', '>
         <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" class="bordercolor">
            <tr>
<td class="titlebg0" width="10%" colspan="2"></td>
<td colspan="5" class="titlebg">Global Announcements</td>
            <tr>';

Replace the next to last line where it says >Global Announcements< to read whatever you want.

vinston84

i install the mode but i cant see it in Admin panel, anyone knows why ?

Advertisement: