SMF 1.1 Release Candidate 3 is available!

Started by Thantos, August 19, 2006, 04:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoarinRow

Quote from: Existant on August 23, 2006, 02:35:12 PM
even if I find them there, how do i restore to them?

Sorry I never had to do a restore that way.  I tried a search, but didn't find much.  I would normally do a restore from my back up through my web host control panel.  It's worked fine for me in the past.

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Existant

i have a back-up from my webhost, last backed up on the 15th of August.  But I would rather learn how to use the back-up the installation provides, for knowledge and future use.

L.G.S

Quote from: AwwLilMaggie on August 21, 2006, 09:42:51 PM
Quote from: agent14 on August 21, 2006, 09:40:34 PM
Thanks alot. Was looking forward to this!!! I hope my mods will still be compatible!!!!

Yeah, they should all be.

The admins may wanna change the news to RC3 & 1.0.8, I still got one boasting RC2 & 1.0.7. ;)

-AwwLilMaggie

Sorry if it's been asked in the other 12 pages, but with all the sources you have to replace the mods you have installed would be deleted wouldn't they?
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Harzem

Quote from: twister909 on August 23, 2006, 02:44:47 PM
sorry but CAPTCHA dosen't work...
I cannot change image, always the same letters are shown, and the background are so orrible, letters are not readable, with eny theme i try!!!
Please help me, cause we haven't an option for not use CAPTCHA!!!
My nw user cannot register to board!!!

EDIT: sorry i have read now how eliminate for now CAPTCHA

You can read here to solve some problems.

Existant

I found all the backup_ files in my myphp, but there is a lot of them, do I have to do something to each one of the individually to restore yesterdays stuff before i upgraded to RC3 today?

Kent_T

I've tried sever times to download RC 3 in zip for, full install, update, and upgrade, with both IE and Mozilla, cleared the cache.. etc..  All I end up with is 0  byte files.

Bigguy

tL0z

Quote from: akabugeyes on August 22, 2006, 05:20:12 PM
Quote from: tL0z on August 22, 2006, 05:15:06 PM
Hello,

I've SMF 1.1 RC2. What should I do to upgrade the version? I've some mods installed: SMF Shoutbox, Arcade Mod, SMF Bridge and Spoiler tag

Thanks
You can check the mod's page on the mod site and user comments in the mod's topics to see if the mod has been updated for RC3. If you can't live without those mods, you can even install a test copy of SMF where you can see if SMF 1.1 RC3 is compatable with those mods. If you give it some time, most mod authors will completely update their mods for SMF 1.1 RC3 soon.

Hm ok, but what do I do to upgrade the version? I never upgraded a SMF version, sorry.

squirrelof09

Not sure if this has been noticed, but, the 'Recent Posts' is not working on the index page, what do I do?

chinclub

This may be a stupid question but since I am upgrading from 1.0.7 do I really need to upgrade the themes, avatars, and smilies folders again?  I am on dial-up so any files that don't need to be upgraded would save a lot of time!!!

Kent_T

Bigguy

You`ll have to wait I guess for someone to post it for you then. Like a member of the support team.

HecKel

Where I can see the full features list of this RC? In the first post is only the changes and new features..., I want to see all the features of this RC :)

HecKel
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Lazybones

Quote from: HecKel on August 23, 2006, 06:23:59 PM
Where I can see the full features list of this RC? In the first post is only the changes and new features..., I want to see all the features of this RC :)

HecKel

1.1 features are listed here

chinclub

The spell check is no longer working. When I click the button nothing happens

Bionic Commando

Now how do i return my forum as it was...??? cos i need tinyportal so much... ???

HecKel

Quote from: Lazybones on August 23, 2006, 06:36:41 PM
Quote from: HecKel on August 23, 2006, 06:23:59 PM

HecKel

1.1 features are listed here

HecKel
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

chinclub

OK, I got the spell check fixed, but now I get errors with the karma. When I try to add karma points I get an error which tells me to try to log out and log in again.

joomla

Almost 450 000 posts, took me less than an hr to upgrade... All looking good...

Thanks for the great software... you help make Joomla what it is today :)
Brad Baker
www.joomla.org - Core Team Member, Forum Admin http://forum.joomla.org
www.rochen.com - Managed Dedicated and Reseller Hosting Solutions.
www.joomlatutorials.com & .au - Learn Joomla! the easy way.

xian0422

When I dowload the update file (the .zip one) it turns out that there aren't any files in it--nothing to extract.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement: