News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Rebuild message counts?

Started by woodp, August 20, 2006, 02:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodp

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
I just completed a successful import from webbbs to smf using phpbb as an intermediate step. Unfortunately post counts weren't imported.

I've manually updated all my users to the correct smf Member_ID but haven't figured out how to rebuild the database so that the message count is correct. Is there a way? Other than manual updates?

xenovanis

Have you tried Admin -> Forum Maintenance -> Recount all forum totals and statistics?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

woodp

Quote from: xenovanis on August 20, 2006, 03:56:05 PM
Have you tried Admin -> Forum Maintenance -> Recount all forum totals and statistics?

Yes, I did - It had no effect on the total count ...

I'm actually running 1.1RC3. I wonder if it's broken in my version???

woodp

Quote from: xenovanis on August 20, 2006, 03:56:05 PM

Well, now I'm told that "Recount all forum totals and statistics" is *NOT* supposed to repair post counts.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=107352.0

xenovanis

Not postcounts by users, but overall postcount. I was under the impression you were referring to that last one.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: