News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

VB 3.5 --> SMF 1.1 RC3 problem

Started by spader, August 27, 2006, 07:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spader

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC3
Hi There

I'm migrating from VB to SMF and have found the forums a fountain of knowledge which has helped me resolve most of my n00b questions. However I still have one.
When i'm going through the conversion process it gets stuck doing the 'Recalculating Forum Statistics' part and I'm just wondering if I need to click the Continue button for it to carry on, or if it will restart automatically once the counter hits zero?
Also what is an average time to convert? Can anyone give me times for their conversion from VB to SMF? Its been sitting at this stage for about 4 hours now (VB Database was 144MB with attachments)

Thanks for you assistance and for a brilliant forum, its very clean and I'm finding it faster than VB.

spader

Personal messages have also caused a problem. I have deleted all of mine and it still says that I have 11, but there is nothing in my personal messages section. Is there a way I can bypass the Recalculating forum statistics step and do this afterwards or is this the last step of the conversion process?

J. Williams

If you see substep, bring it up by 1; then you can try properly recalculating via ACP :P
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

spader

Sweet thanks for that. It had been going for 24 hours on the statistics part. Personal Messages are still buggered but oh well I guess the users will need to live with that.

spader

Found the PM issue. The labels row in table smf_pm_recipients needs to be updated to read -1 for it to show up. This didnt happen during the conversion. The code to fix it if you have the same issue is
UPDATE `smf_pm_recipients` SET `labels` = '-1'; in phpmyadmin.

Now my conversion is complete.

Advertisement: