Mark Selected Topics As Read

Started by JayBachatero, September 16, 2006, 02:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoarinRow

Quote from: JayBachatero on March 08, 2007, 11:44:36 PM
I haven't forgotten about this.  Been too busy to take a closer look at it.  I'll try to get back to you soon.

thanks Jay  8)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Gourgi

nice mod .
it work's in SMF 1.1.2 default
thanks !
Όσο ζώ, μαθαίνω ...

edwardsiow

hmm.....

i have successfully installed in custom theme but i can't see anythings happen....no checkbox that you all mention.....hmmm...

Gourgi

Firstly when adding mods always use the default theme !
Second all (or at least 95% of ) mods add their codes and modifications only in the default theme !
That means that if you use a custom theme you must make the mod's changes manually !!!
for more info look here :   http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402
Όσο ζώ, μαθαίνω ...

ltdeta

i see nothing in recent-topic template

the errrorlog looks like that:

8: Undefined index: topics_to_mark
Datei: /is/htdocs/wp1005029_D2DFQN8UC8/p3dnow/akos/wowkos/kosforum/Themes/default/Recent.template.php
Zeile: 287

can anybody help

TrueSatan

Please manually check that all edits the mod makes are properly in place...it looks likely that they are not judging by your report.

digit

Quote from: JayBachatero on March 08, 2007, 11:44:36 PM
I haven't forgotten about this.  Been too busy to take a closer look at it.  I'll try to get back to you soon.

I think the problem is in your first search and replace in your mod.

Shouldn't this....

// Check if it's a $_POST var or $_REQUEST
if (isset($_POST['topics'], $_POST['mark_selected_read']))
$topics = $_POST['topics'];
// Make sure all the boards are integers!
else
$topics = explode('-', $_REQUEST['topics']);

be...

// Check if it's a $_POST var or $_REQUEST
else

.. "topics" is not defined in the else statement.

Let me know if I am right OR WRONG!  :p

Thanks,
digit
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

JayBachatero

Topics is defined.

else

I'm not sure if I understand too well what you mean though.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Kimmie

This is BY FAR - one of the BEST mods!!! THANK YOU for making it. All 7 of my mods/gmods now think I am the greatest admin in the world hehehehe

It installed and works perfectly on 1.1.5, using both TP and a custom theme. (Blue Ace)

Kimmie

update... found a major glitch in it. (well its major for my site)..lol. Went today and clicked on Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit and then I scrolled down and clicked on "All Unread Posts" so I could see all of them not just those. I always start at the very last page and work forward. Read a few on the last page, the rest were not ones I needed to read so I selected them - and "marked selected read". My page refreshed but it went back to where it was only showing "unread posts since last visit" not all the unread posts. You have to scroll back down and click on All Unread every time you select some and mark them as being read.

Any fix for this so it wont kep reverting back to just the unread since last visit?

digit

Quote from: JayBachatero on February 18, 2008, 01:50:03 PM
Topics is defined.

else

I'm not sure if I understand too well what you mean though.

Wow...  sorry I didn't respond sooner. 

I am getting this error in my forum error log...

8: Undefined index: topics
File: /users/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 239

after doing this... according to the mod...

<search position="replace"><![CDATA[ // Make sure all the boards are integers!
$topics = explode('-', $_REQUEST['topics']);]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[ // Check if it's a $_POST var or $_REQUEST
else
$topics = explode('-', $_REQUEST['topics']);]]></add> ## LINE 239
</operation>

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Kimmie

Getting errors in my log:

File: /Sources/Subs-Boards.php

Any ideas?

Kimmie

Still getting this error in my log :

File: /home/xx/xx/Sources/Subs-Boards.php

as well as this one when I do maintenance on the forum to check for any errors:

Topic #0 is marked as read for one or more people, but does not exist.

The number of times that I see each error is the same - is there something in the mod that is calling/looking for topic #0 and it shouldnt be (being as their isnt one)? (I'm not that good at coding but it seems the two are related).

Kimmie

Quote from: Kimmie on June 17, 2008, 10:44:20 AM
Still getting this error in my log :

File: /home/xx/xx/Sources/Subs-Boards.php

as well as this one when I do maintenance on the forum to check for any errors:

The number of times that I see each error is the same - is there something in the mod that is calling/looking for topic #0 and it shouldnt be (being as their isnt one)? (I'm not that good at coding but it seems the two are related).

bumping this up because its been a month with no response from the mod creator on how to fix this issue and I am still looking for the solution to the problem.

karlbenson

Kimmie.

May I ask why you are using this mod?  SMF 1.1.x has this functionality built in

Kimmie

Quote from: karlbenson on July 18, 2008, 01:18:39 PM
Kimmie.

May I ask why you are using this mod?  SMF 1.1.x has this functionality built in

No, SMF only has the funtion to mark "all" messages as read all at one time via the "Show unread posts since last visit" page. This mod allows you to select "specific topics" on that list as mark only those topics as read instead by placing checkboxes on those pages and adds the function at the bottom to "mark selected topics as read". A valuable tool for my staff members who are responsible for only reading specific areas.

Every time someone uses the select feature, it renders errors regarding a topic (topic #0) that is non existant. Every time this error occurs, I have to do maintenance to repair all errors, fix those errors, and then remove the errors from my log. It trying to detect "topic #0" is the issue that needs to be fixed within the mod but I dont know how to fix it.

There is also another issue with it returning to just the unread posts since last visit page so you have to keep clicking on the "Show All" at the bottom every time, but they can probably live with that.

karlbenson

No smf has it.
You just need to enable Quick Moderation > Show Checkboxes in your Profile > Look and Layout
eg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4569/kimiexd5.png
for both 1.1.x and 2.x

I'm not sure whether there is a fix for your issue. I'm not sure whether Jay is even still supporting this mod {since smf has the functionality}.  It could be that the default version and the mod are incompatible.

Kimmie

Quote from: karlbenson on July 18, 2008, 07:51:26 PM
No smf has it.
You just need to enable Quick Moderation > Show Checkboxes in your Profile > Look and Layout
eg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4569/kimiexd5.png
for both 1.1.x and 2.x

I'm not sure whether there is a fix for your issue. I'm not sure whether Jay is even still supporting this mod {since smf has the functionality}.  It could be that the default version and the mod are incompatible.

You must be using Beta2.0 because 1.X's (including 1.1.5 which is what I am currently using) quick mod fuction doesnt put checkboxes on the show unread posts since last page - it only puts them on topics when you are in topic view. Thats the whole reason why this mod was created and why I installed this mod to begin with.  ;)

This is another forum I have that doesnt have the mod installed:
This shows that I have Quick moderation turned on (this is topic view inside a board): http://i38.tinypic.com/23wmpmp.jpg
This shows My SHow Unread Posts Page and there are no checkboxes: http://i34.tinypic.com/2150lfk.jpg

Compatibility isnt the issue. The issue is that the mod is "looking for a topic #0" and marking a non existant topic as read. Topic #0 doesnt exist on "anyones" forums. Topics start with Topic #1. All I need to know is how to change the code so that it no longer looks for topic #0 because when it does and cant find it, its returning errors.

I'm guessing Jay probably stopped supprting this mod if its a default feature on 2.0. Oh well. Maybe I can play with the code and figure it out myself. I wont be going to 2.0 anytime soon, its not compatible with TP and TP wont make a TP version that is compatible with 2.0 until their sure its stable/free of bugs and based on what I have seen over there, unfortunately. its gonna be a while.   :-\

ne.miguelito

I am with the same error...

if any checkboxes be not selected i get this error:

QuoteUndefined index: topics
Ficheiro: /home/nemigue/public_html/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Linha: 239

and

QuoteThe following errors are fouling up your forum:

Would you like to fix these errors?
Yes - No

some ideas?

this MOD is very important for me...

waremock

Does this work on 2.0 beta 4? I used to use this and loved it.

Advertisement: