News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueSatan

I don't think GD will be able to do dynamic creation of thumbnails if the images are on a different host...it needs them to be on the same hosting it is on.

vbgamer45

Quote from: TrueSatan on June 14, 2007, 07:34:29 AM
I don't think GD will be able to do dynamic creation of thumbnails if the images are on a different host...it needs them to be on the same hosting it is on.
Correct needs to on the same host.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

Version 1.7.5 Released
Now works without GD will show resized image via html for thumbnail
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

django

I installed SMF Gallery on my test site and uninstalled and deleted it from there after that I am getting this message on top of my site.....any idea how to get rid of this?....

l != '' ? '' . $txt[$label] . '' : ''); else return ''; } ?>xt']] . ''; $button_strip[$key] = $buttons[$key]; } if (empty($button_strip)) return ' '; echo '   ', implode('  |  ', $button_strip) , '  '; } ?>Begin SMF Gallery Text Strings $txt['smfgallery_title'] = 'Gallery For SMF'; $txt['smfgallery_menu'] = 'Gallery'; $txt['smfgallery_version'] = '1.0 Lite'; $txt['smfgallery_admin'] = 'Gallery Configuration'; //Permissions $txt['permissiongroup_smfgallery'] = 'SMF Gallery'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_view'] = 'View SMF Gallery'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_view'] = 'Allows the user to view the Gallery'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_view'] = 'You are not allowed to view the Gallery'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_add'] = 'Add Picture'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_add'] = 'Allows the user to add a picture.'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_add'] = 'You are not allowed to add a picture.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Edit own Picture'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Allows the user to edit a picture.'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_edit'] = 'You are not allowed to edit a picture.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Delete own Picture'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Allows the user to delete a picture.'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_delete'] = 'You are not allowed to delete a picture.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Leave Comments'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Allows the user to leave comments on a picture.'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_comment'] = 'You are not allowed to leave comments.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_report'] = 'Report Pictures/Comments'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_report'] = 'Allows the user to report pictures and comments.'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_report'] = 'You are not allowed to report content.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Auto Approve Pictures'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Pictures do not need to wait for approval.'; $txt['permissionname_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Manage Gallery'; $txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Allows the user to add/delete/edit all catagories. Delete Comments, Delete Pictures, Approve Pictures'; $txt['cannot_smfgallery_manage'] = 'You are not allowed to manage gallery.'; //END SMF Gallery Text Strings ?>

TrueSatan

You appear to have a problem in your Modifications.english.php file Find it in Themes/default/languages. ?> needs to appear once only and to be at the end of the file on a line of its own...you appear to have two instances of it...one at the end of the code you quote (but even that isn't on a line of its own) and one before the start of that code. Remove the one at the start of the code completely and move the one at the end to a line of its own.

django

as you told ?> was appearing on line 12...so I removed it...but after that I am getting this error....

l != '' ? '' . $txt[$label] . '' : ''); else return '' . $txt[$alt] . ''; } ?>l != '' ? '' . $txt[$label] . '' : ''); else return '' . $txt[$alt] . ''; } ?>xt']] . ''; $button_strip[$key] = $buttons[$key]; } if (empty($button_strip)) return ' '; echo '   ', implode('  |  ', $button_strip) , '  '; } ?>xt']] . ''; $button_strip[$key] = $buttons[$key]; } if (empty($button_strip)) return ' '; echo '   ', implode('  |  ', $button_strip) , '  '; } ?> array(); if (!allowedTo('admin_forum')) $context['illegal_permissions'][] = 'admin_forum'; if (!allowedTo('manage_membergroups')) $context['illegal_permissions'][] = 'manage_membergroups'; if (!allowedTo('manage_permissions')) $context['illegal_permissions'][] = 'manage_permissions'; } ?> array(); if (!allowedTo('admin_forum')) $context['illegal_permissions'][] = 'admin_forum'; if (!allowedTo('manage_membergroups')) $context['illegal_permissions'][] = 'manage_membergroups'; if (!allowedTo('manage_permissions')) $context['illegal_permissions'][] = 'manage_permissions'; } ?>

TrueSatan

It still looks as though you have extra instances of ?>...there must be only one and it must be at the end of the file on a line of its own.

I rather suspect that the rest of the file may be messy with multiple copies of some blocks of code...if you'd like to post the file as an attachment to a message here I'll have a look at it and, if you're lucky, I'll tidy it up for you.

django

Thanks...I have attached the file....

mean time is it possible to completely remove it and do a re-installation.....

TrueSatan

Your file you posted above isn't causing your problems.

Your problems are much more extensive than an issue with one file. It looks as though you have been installing and uninstalling mods that have had fails shown in the package manager and got your forum in a bad state of repair as a result.

Given that you only appear to have a very few mods installed the easiest way for you to get back to a good state again may be to backup all your files (which you ought to have done prior to installing any mod!) backup your database (again do this before installing any mod!) and then save for your Settings.php and Settings_bak.php in your forum root replace all the files and with ones from the SMF forum installer pack. N.B do not overwrite these two files.

Your error above shows multiple instances of problems and makes me very suspicious as to the state of the rest of your files which is why I recommend this clean replacement with new files. Replacing your files won't affect your database but it will remove all mods and themes you had installed.

The code you show above seems to relate to ManagePermissions.php in the Sources directory but if that is so mangled there are probably other problems in your files so a wholesale repair is your best option as detailed above.

kyyote

I spent a couple of hours reading posts and didn't find the answer.  I have coppermine bridged to my smf forum.  The file for coppermine is 'gallery'.  I added the mod on my test site and all went well.  I added it on my site with coppermine and all I get are little red x's.  The files I uploaded to test are in the gallery folder, and when I go to them in my control panel they work. 

TrueSatan

@ kyyote

This topic relates to the SMF Gallery Mod not to a bridge to Coppermine Gallery which is an entirely different and completely unrelated thing. For help relating to Coppermine Gallery you might be best asking on their own forums.

kyyote

I understand that.  I am asking about Gallery 1.7.5.  You see I have coppermine bridged to my smf forum, but I also want to use smf gallery .  I already had coppermine in a folder titled 'gallery'.  So, when I upload a picture with gallery  it goes into my gallery folder, whick is the folder containing all of the files for coppermine.  The two-coppermine and gallery - both have the 'gallery' name.  I wouldn't care if the files piled up in the gallery folder, but gallery doesn't seem to be able to bring them up.  As I said, the files are in the gallery folder, and when I click on them in my contro panel file manager they come up, but when I try to see them in gallery  they are shown as being there but with just the little red x's.  Right clicking show pic, doesn't help.

notting

Very very cool mod - have been using it for a little while so would like to say thanks!

One niggle though. I have a forum where some people are not to computer savvy - they have trouble resizing pictures before uploading them. This is no problem for me in terms of space but when people look at the pictures they turn out huge on the screen and you have to scroll. Ie:

http://theafricangreyparrot.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=91

It would be cool if the mod autosized the pictures so that they fit the screen and there was a button to blow them up too.

Possible?

Cheers
Notting

Gararion

Question, I have installed this on my board but I can't seem to find out where to go to upload images to my gallery.  I am using SMF 1.1.2 with the Aa New Damage theme being used.

vbgamer45

You need to first create a category then inside the category you can upload images.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Gararion

Okay, I created a Category.  But how do get to the gallery from the index?  The only way I can see to get there now is through the Admin section.

vbgamer45

For custom themes you need to add a link to the gallery by modifying the index.template.php of the custom theme.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kyyote

I understand that.  I am asking about Gallery 1.7.5.  You see I have coppermine bridged to my smf forum, but I also want to use smf gallery .  I already had coppermine in a folder titled 'gallery'.  So, when I upload a picture with gallery  it goes into my gallery folder, which is the folder containing all of the files for coppermine.  The two-coppermine and gallery - both have the 'gallery' name.  I wouldn't care if the files piled up in the gallery folder, but gallery doesn't seem to be able to bring them up.  As I said, the files are in the gallery folder, and when I click on them in my contro panel file manager they come up, but when I try to see them in gallery  they are shown as being there but with just the little red x's.  Right clicking show pic, doesn't help.
Is there a way to rename the 'gallery' to gallery2 or something, and changing all 'gallery' s  to gallery2?

notting

I recently had to reinstall my theme and it has removed the gallery button from the main menu bar. What is the best way of getting the button back on there?

Do I need to reinstall the mod. If so, how do I go about doing this? If I uninstall the mod will it delete all of the pictures in the gallery?

Or would it be easier to  edit the template  files of my theme?

Thanks in advance for your help

Jamie

TrueSatan

Advertisement: