News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Spam Black List

Started by Kakao, October 06, 2006, 12:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakao

Unfortunetely, there is no way to add URL's in this version. It is a priority in a future version.

tarsia

Hello,

I think it might help some users to see not the error-message only, but also the black listet URL(s) / words.

So I added a link to wikipedia in the error-message in the "Errors.english.php":
$txt['error_black_listed_url'] = 'The message contains black listed URL(s)!  Have a look <a href="http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Spam_blacklist [nofollow]" target="_blank">here</a>';

Maybe it's a nice idea for others, too.

tarsia
SMF 1.1

jblogg

this mod has totally mucked up my forum and i get this message:

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare contain_black_listed_url() (previously declared in /home/sgksnzhq/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php:3629) in /home/sgksnzhq/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3787

can someone please explain how i can get my forum working agen!

Kakao

It looks like you somehow managed to apply the mod twice.

Extract the mod package, look for the mod source and delete it manually from your forum.

jblogg

i have opened subs.php and gone to line 3787 and found the blacklist code. it does look as if it has been doubled up but what should be the first line of the code that i need to delete be

jblogg

jblogg

more problems i need the code in which i have to delete in the following files:

./Sources/Post.php
./Sources/PersonalMessage.php
./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php
./Sources/ModSettings.php
./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php
./Themes/default/languages/ModSettings.english.php

Kakao

All the modified code is in the mod package. Just extract it and look for the code.

jblogg

mini_one

I am using the SMF 1.1 RC3-1 for past 5 month with no problems. Today all of a sudden i am getting this message:

The message contains black listed URL(s)

every time I try to 'quote' a post or PM. Any ideas?

Kakao

Does it happen with any text you try to quote or PM or just with a especific text?

Could you post the text that is triggering the message?

mini_one

It seems to be triggered by the
brackets in any PM or message reply. I found the following entry:  [[Category:]] in the /attachments/wikipedia_black_list.txt  data file. If I remove it the problem is fixed but it lasts only couple of hours before it is back.  So in the mean time I go back like once every hour and remove it...don't know how long I ca keep at this... :-\

Kakao

mini_one

Kakao

The 0.2.1 version attempts to fix it.

Uninstall the previous version before upgrading and delete the attachments/wiki* files for the changes to take effect immediately.

This was a quick emergency patch not very well tested. It may contain new bugs.

Please report any problems.

mini_one

I currently use the SMF 1.1 RC-3 is this the version I need to completely un-install? I also use a custom Theme which I have extensively modified.    :'(

Is there PHP script or code I can change/modify to fix my problem?

Thank you, Paul.

Kakao

The new Spam Black list version will only install on SMF 1.1.2.

You can download the source (the package .gz) and peek at the code. I don't know how different will it be from the version you are using. Make a mistake and it will break your forum. And if you change your source files you will not be able to uninstall SBL later as it will look for the old code to uninstall.  :(

mini_one

Thank you for the advice...I've been there and believe me I am not going there again. I have the luxury to use an alternate play ground site to test it first.  If I find a cure I will post it for others.

Nothing worth a while is easy...you've been very helpfull.
Paul.

Kakao

I have posted about this problem at the wikimedia spam list discussion page. I doubt they will care about it but If anyone wants to second it...

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Spam_blacklist#Category_in_black_list_source

Flutterby

Sorry, truth be told I had no idea what was causing it, thank you.

Advertisement: