News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Wishlist

Started by Valodim, December 07, 2006, 08:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueSatan

I looked at that as I wanted to do a book swap service on one of my forums...in the end I did it another way:

1) Using the Custom Profile Field Mod make suitable new fields
2) Make a "Member's Exchange Items", or something similar, forum for the members to put the details of the items into.
3) Ask members to put titles only in the custom profile fields and a link to the extra detail in the  above forum...this gives a nice balance between allowing the vendor to give as much detail as they want and not making the profile over burdened and giving the vendee somewhere to ask questions of the vendor.
4) I then tweaked it via an image/link in the Display.template.php going from each member's posting details to the custom profile fields...not really needed but a nice extra.

Mainly I did this to avoid those error log entries and as an easy work around that does give everyone the ability to view details as per the book swap request.

RustyBarnacle

Will this work with 1.1.3?  If so are there any plans to fix the errors?

Valodim

updated. compatility + error fixes :)

RustyBarnacle

Awesome, thank you, will go try it out now

Edit-

Thats great.  I was just wondering now if a person could put in a request for the next version.  Would it be possible to make it only available to assigned groups?

Valodim

nah. limited support and stuff :P

RustyBarnacle

Gotcha, well thanks for updating it!

sillymilly

Here's an interesting one for you!!

I installed the mod, along with a few others, but the forum crashed, so uninstalled everything again to get forum working.

That was fine.

Installed wishlist again, (only that one and amazon links mod, which is working fine) and now when you look at the member list on the forum, the wishlist icon comes up against the members name, as it should, but the logo is also in the 'website' column, and everything else is shifted to the right. :-\

I tried looking in the source code to try and fix it, but don't understand php so didn't get very far! lol ;D

can some one please suggest a solution?

askepott

sweet. will try it out on 1.1.3 :)

sillymilly

Quote from: sillymilly on September 05, 2007, 05:27:09 PM
Here's an interesting one for you!!

I installed the mod, along with a few others, but the forum crashed, so uninstalled everything again to get forum working.

That was fine.

Installed wishlist again, (only that one and amazon links mod, which is working fine) and now when you look at the member list on the forum, the wishlist icon comes up against the members name, as it should, but the logo is also in the 'website' column, and everything else is shifted to the right. :-\

I tried looking in the source code to try and fix it, but don't understand php so didn't get very far! lol ;D

can some one please suggest a solution?

suggestions/fixes someone, anyone???

jvan

I have a quick question. I finally modified various files and got this mod to work with the DilbertMC theme, however I'm using a fixed width for my forum and there's an issue with the bottom table in the "add item" page extending outside and far to the right of the profile window. This is the page where users edit and add items to their wish lists. I've edited profile.template.php and was able to fix the same issue with the top two boxes where the actual user items are displayed, but I can't seem to find a fix there for the bottom one.

Thanks in advance. I know there must be a simple fix but after three hours, I'm just not seeing it.

perplexed

Quote from: TrueSatan on June 18, 2007, 05:05:20 AM
I looked at that as I wanted to do a book swap service on one of my forums...in the end I did it another way:

2) Make a "Member's Exchange Items", or something similar, forum for the members to put the details of the items into.
3) Ask members to put titles only in the custom profile fields and a link to the extra detail in the  above forum...this gives a nice balance between allowing the vendor to give as much detail as they want and not making the profile over burdened and giving the vendee somewhere to ask questions of the vendor.
4) I then tweaked it via an image/link in the Display.template.php going from each member's posting details to the custom profile fields...not really needed but a nice extra.

Mainly I did this to avoid those error log entries and as an easy work around that does give everyone the ability to view details as per the book swap request.

geez I'm slow but I have been thinking about this.  TS can you elaborate on #4.  If this is not the place, can you please PM me?  Ta

ManilaGurL

Will this work 1.1.4 and with DilberMC theme?

JoannaGlass

I would also like to know if you will have this working for 1.14?

FerociousSM

Any update for 1.1.4 and any working download link?

perplexed

Quote from: perplexed on September 30, 2007, 05:05:40 PM
Quote from: TrueSatan on June 18, 2007, 05:05:20 AM

geez I'm slow but I have been thinking about this.  TS can you elaborate on #4.  If this is not the place, can you please PM me?  Ta

Hi can you tell me how to do 4.  thanks?  (I still havent got this sorted out)

alterkpn

I can not download - damaged downloaded archive.
Reupload please.

dannbass

Does anybody have a copy that works? could somebody send me one? or Valodim, could you reupload this mod please?

Or how can we fix the corrupted mods, I can see everything, I just don't want to install it manually... too busy lately.

Thanks!

Valodim

sorry, archive was damaged for some reason. fixed now :)

probably gonna have a 2.0 version soon.

dannbass

Thanks Valodim! I know there is limited support for this mod, but I was wondering how to display the icon only if the person wishes something, othersiwe see nothing... same in the memberlist.

Too much trouble?
Thanks!

Advertisement: