Problem with login after the activation of a new registered user.

Started by Chriss Cohn, December 24, 2006, 08:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chriss Cohn

Hello, when somebody registering a new user in my forum and hitting the activation-Link in the activation-email i'm going to my forum, seeing the "Your account has been successfully activated. You can now proceed to login." string and a login-box with the new username.
Now it comes: i put in my password and hit the login button, then the following message appears:An Error Has Occurred!
Your account has already been activated." - But i'm really logged-in...

regards Christian
btw: Merry Christmas to all!

Chriss Cohn

Quote from: Orstio on December 24, 2006, 10:38:27 AM
Your registration type is set to SMF?
Yes.
I don't know which values to set in Joomla backend... i changed them now to this - is this right?:

Orstio

The settings in the Joomla Global Configuration have no effect on the SMF registration.

The problem is not the registration at all, actually, it is the redirect after login.  Because you are on the activation page when you login, and you have the login module redirection set to "Back to the page from which the user logged in", the user is redirected back to the activation page.  The user is already activated, so when the user is redirected back to the activation page, it tells him that he has already activated his account.

Chriss Cohn

Ok, so this is a usal "problem" at all?
So i change the login module to "Back to the SMF Main Page" after Login.
Well of course this is not the perfect way of solving this "problem" but i think my users would accept it, in addition the most users are stay logged in "forever" i think.

Ok thank you Orstio....
By the way, as you can see on my page, i use the "mod_smf_recent_topics" from that joomlahacks guys. Is there an opinion to use something simmilar from you (simplemachines.org)?

regards, Christian

Orstio

I have added some code for future releases that will prevent the login redirect from going to registration and activation pages.

QuoteBy the way, as you can see on my page, i use the "mod_smf_recent_topics" from that joomlahacks guys. Is there an opinion to use something simmilar from you (simplemachines.org)?

There are problems associated with that.  Don't be surprised if you have problems.

There are numerous modules and bots here that are compatible with this bridge:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=81152.msg541423#msg541423

Advertisement: