nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

@ruelnov: Try changing
// YSHOUT HERE
      echo '
                     <br /><b>Shout Box</b><br /><br />
                     <div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>';
      // YSHOUT END

to
// YSHOUT HERE
      echo '
                     <br /><b>Shout Box</b><br />
                     <div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>';
      // YSHOUT END

comptech

Thanks, brianjw. It worked.

And how do I change the font color for Shout Box title to say GREEN or BLUE?

brianjw

Change

// YSHOUT HERE
      echo '
                     <br /><b>Shout Box</b><br />
      // YSHOUT END

to

// YSHOUT HERE
      echo '
                     <br /><b><font color="green">Shout Box</font></b><br />
      // YSHOUT END

That code is in green, if you want it blue just change the word green to blue ;)

comptech

That was amazing, brianjw... Thanks a lot.

And by the way, how do I add a clickable button to the right of Shout button? I need to add a quick link to a certain childboard. There's still much room next to the Shout button anyway, so why don't we utilize that for quick links?

brianjw

Quote from: ruelnov on August 06, 2007, 11:16:07 AM
That was amazing, brianjw... Thanks a lot.

And by the way, how do I add a clickable button to the right of Shout button? I need to add a quick link to a certain childboard. There's still much room next to the Shout button anyway, so why don't we utilize that for quick links?
No problem.

Talk to nneonneo about that one though ;)

comptech

Or, how do I change the link to the existing Shout button to point it to a certain popular childboard?

Members would not be using that most of the time, anyway. They would just press ENTER button to make a shout.

nneonneo

See <input id="shout-button" type="button" value="',$txt['yshout_shout_button'],'" /> in yshout/yshout.php.

Change to (or add after)

<input id="jump-button" type="button" value="Go to special place" onClick="document.location=\'$$$\'" /> where $$$ is the target URL.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

comptech

Thanks, nneonneo.

It worked like a charm...

And if it's not so much to ask from you, a 2nd Button for quick link  would, indeed, be cool.

brianjw

Just add another one after (just change the id name like below)

<input id="jump-button2" type="button" value="Go to special place2" onClick="document.location=\'$$$\'" />

comptech

That was great, brianjw.

Would you know how to change the button color to GREEN, and the font color to WHITE?

brianjw

OK well you're going to have to open the theme you're usings index.template.php file.
Find:

#yshout #shout-button {
         width: 55px;
      }

Add After:

input.btn {
   color:#FFFFFF;
   font-family:'trebuchet ms',helvetica,sans-serif;
   font-size:84%;
   font-weight:bold;
   background-color:#006600;
}

Now, close the index.template.php.
Open yshout.php.
Find:

<input id="jump-button2" type="button" value="Go to special place2" onClick="document.location=\'$\'" />

Replace With:

<input id="jump-button2" type="button" value="Go to special place2" onClick="document.location=\'$\'" class="btn" />

NOTE: if you change the css name at all, the button style will not work ;)

Brianjw

Btw, this is easy html :)

brianjw

What are the manual edits to install 1.08 instead of uninstalling 1.07 to install 1.08?

Also is it possible to make the anonymous function a checkbox? I need a checkbox ???

Thanks.

comptech

@brianjw:

Followed your last hint as above for changing background & font color of Shout Button, but it all resulted in parsing errors for index.template.php.

Any idea why this is so?

nneonneo

@ruelnov: Need to use
input.btn {
   font-family:\'trebuchet ms\',helvetica,sans-serif;
}

instead (brianjw: note that the whole thing is in an echo '...' block so you must escape the ' characters)

@brianjw: There were many changes, hence no upgrade. Attached is a "diff" format file describing all the changes.
"-" means to remove the line, "+" means to add the line.

Sorry I can't get you anything more meaningful, but for me to write up a full update mod or instructions would take me a lot more time.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

brianjw

What program do I open this in?

comptech

Quote from: nneonneo on August 07, 2007, 02:22:34 PM
@ruelnov: Need to use
input.btn {
   font-family:\'trebuchet ms\',helvetica,sans-serif;
}

instead

Thanks, nneonneo.

And how do I force a carriage return after Shout Button, so that additional buttons would appear at next line?

brianjw

nneonneo

@brianjw: Open it in any text editor.

@ruelnov: Carriage returns (newlines) are represented in HTML by a break: <br /> tag.
spammers here!

odavilar

I have installed nneonneo's shoutbox.

i´ve uploaded it in packages and edited my modifications.spanish.... and edited my index.template and it only display this:

Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

:s

help please

nneonneo

Check the server error logs for information.
spammers here!

Advertisement: