News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

active999

nneonneo thank you once again, I have installed the language pack (I don't think it existed when I first installed your mod, so I translated only what I thought was necessary).  I also changed the number to 5000 and things seem better.

Quote from: pipo_il_primero on February 14, 2008, 05:56:47 AM
ps: active999 I like the theme of your smf forum, where did you get it?

Hi pipo_il_primero.  The theme we use is ApolloBB:

hxxp:www.smfthemes.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=0de192b54da4ed3d002ccf05aa51a43d&theme=96 [nonactive]

It has color options and we are using black.  The top of the page and some images are custom made by a friend.

Bulakbol

Hi nneonneo. I want my invisible moderators to be detected as guest so they cannot use the shoutbox when guests are not allowed. I hope it is possible. I thank you so much.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

daveydw

I like the shout box verry much. Only strange thing is that i changed the max lines option in yshout.php to 7 but it still shows 12.

and i also experience problems with the refresh times in IE7, firefox works great.

daveydw

It is oke now, only 7 lines apear after a time.

nneonneo

Slight modification to the package. I've increased the default IE7 delay, which should reduce the page move lag. Some will still exist and that's unavoidable due to the nature of the bug.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

bobbbb

Hello everyone.

I installed the Auto Embed Video Clips mod. Whenever someone enters a video url, it embeds a video into the Shoutbox and ruins it. Is there any way I can prevent this? I tried replacing text, but it seems that the Auto Embed Video Clips mod processes the text before the shoutbox has a chance to scrub it.

nneonneo

Does the mod come with some sort of code you can add to temporarily disable embedding? Something like
$context['disable_auto_linking']=true;

If so, put that line above every instance of "parse_bbc();" in yshout/yshout.php -- you may need a declaration like "global $context;" above the inserted line, depending on what that disabling code is.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Nibogo

I have a big problem with this mod

When i try to put the code:

// YSHOUT HERE
      echo '
                     <br /><b>Shout Box</b><br /><br />
                     <div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>';
      // YSHOUT END

in my theme didnt work , i use a HTML Editor and appear with other colors and say "Template error" in my page , what i can do?

nneonneo

It would depend where you are putting it.

If you are inserting it inside a quoted piece of HTML, for example at the spot marked:
...</div></table><br />
// YSHOUT HERE
// YSHOUT END
<table> ...

then this will not work. Instead, you would have to write the code
<!-- YSHOUT HERE -->
                     <div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>
<!-- YSHOUT END -->

or something like that.
spammers here!

Nibogo

Quote from: nneonneo on February 16, 2008, 04:11:53 PM
It would depend where you are putting it.

If you are inserting it inside a quoted piece of HTML, for example at the spot marked:
...</div></table><br />
// YSHOUT HERE
// YSHOUT END
<table> ...

then this will not work. Instead, you would have to write the code
<!-- YSHOUT HERE -->
                     <div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>
<!-- YSHOUT END -->

or something like that.

i insert taht code and works

but when i entry in my site:

www.mundo-se.com

appear down of

SHoutbox

but nothing more , didnt appear the text or something more only that, what i can do?

Nibogo

i tryo to install with the modification of:

Fixing some kinds of "loading shoutbox..." errors:

but now only stay in that , only appear "loading shoutbox" nothing more

Chopper

Hi i have installed this mod and it looks good but there doesnt appear to be anywhere in admin where you can alter features?

Chopper

Hi,
is there a control panel for this mod?

Judgey

Hey i got a prob

QuoteShout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Can somone tell me wot i have done wrong plz my url is http://www.thecommunitycafe.info/index.php

Many thx

syndicate

Hi there neon, my problem is that when i add it to my custom template, it appears just where i want it, a Rectangle With the words Shout Box inside it, but thats it! Nothing else is there, please pm me with a response

djgix19

hi there...i've just installed nneonneo's shoutbox, but i don't know where to put this:

// YSHOUT HERE
echo '
<div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>';
// YSHOUT END

in my index.template.php...i use dilbermc...i want it under:

hi, (username)
you've got etc...

i'm sorry, but i can't speak English very well...forgive me...

Judgey

Jimi_Hendrix

I have a problem:
I just installed this mod and when I go in the statistics's page, and explode the month, I received an error with internet explorer that says:
The name can't have the character "(";
with firefox, the table of forum history (new topics, new posts...) when i click on month shrinks

This error is to reported to:
var myfunc = new domFunction(function()

I have see other site that have this mod and all site have this problem

Chopper

Jimi_Hendrix

Quote from: Chopper on February 21, 2008, 05:54:14 PM
It would appear so
???

Also to you it gives this problem?

Someone can help me.............please!

Advertisement: