News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Language Drop Down

Started by Matthew K., January 02, 2007, 11:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

You will have to apply to edits to your custom theme.
If you use the Package parser or simply look at the code, The very few edits are done right there.
If you attach your index.template.php, I could make those changes.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

LiamTheDuck

any chance of upgrading to SMF 2.0?
I am back, its been like a year... so yeah.... how has it been? :D

SleePy

The Modification should install for 2.0. Only the latest (Currently 2.0 Beta 2.1) though as I don't support older betas ;)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

LiamTheDuck

Ill try, thanks ;)

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. 

:(

FreeSporePrints

Quote from: SleePy on March 14, 2008, 04:06:04 PM
You will have to apply to edits to your custom theme.
If you use the Package parser or simply look at the code, The very few edits are done right there.
If you attach your index.template.php, I could make those changes.

Hello Sleepy,
i've seen now in the Themes/default/index.template.php but don't know what to change in my Themes/custom/index.template.php

If is possible and not a problem for you, here you are the file.

F.

SleePy

FreeSporePrints,

Give the attached one a try. You removed the search. So I just split the user text box one more time to show this. We can move it around if you want. The main function is in the index.template.php. So you just need to move the template_language_select() call anywhere in your code that you would like it.

[●ριмρєя12●],

Have you tried a different browser or another upload method?
I am sure this works with 2.0. I just checked the mod site which has version 1.4.2 and it supports all releases of 2.0 so far

LiamTheDuck

FreeSporePrints

Quote from: SleePy on March 14, 2008, 06:44:29 PM
FreeSporePrints,

Give the attached one a try. You removed the search. So I just split the user text box one more time to show this. We can move it around if you want. The main function is in the index.template.php. So you just need to move the template_language_select() call anywhere in your code that you would like it.

Hello SleePy,
sorry for the delay. As i know i haven't removed anything!! The search function is disabled i imagine for the Stylized theme. I've tried to add the function to the bottom of the index.template.php but doesn't work..i imagine i must call this function..but how?! I don't know a word of PHP :\

Thanks,
F.

SleePy

If you added the function to the bottom, you just need to call it with template_language_select().

If you point out hte area, I can show you how to make these changes correctly. PHP is not hard to learn, if you have learned any programing language, you will be able to pick up PHP.

FreeSporePrints

Quote from: SleePy on March 16, 2008, 11:25:48 AM
If you point out the area, I can show you how to make these changes correctly.

What do you mean with point out the area?

Thanks for yor help,
F.

SleePy

I mean, either in the code or by a picture. Either one will work and I can show you how to correctly put the function in the code :)

FreeSporePrints

Oh thanks :)

I'd like to add it Simplu at the end of the main menu (id="menu")

Thanks.
F.

SleePy

FreeSporePrints

"Unable to load the 'main_above' template."

Thanks,
F.

SleePy

Are you sure the file was uploaded and replaced?

That error says that the template is missing.

FreeSporePrints

Yes SleePy, i'm sure, i've also reuploaded it into Themes/custom_folder but it gives to me always the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
F.

FreeSporePrints

Now the page works but there isn't the LanguageDrop!

F.

SleePy

Do you mind if you send me a pm of some url, ftp and admin login details if I can look at this? I can take a look at this tonight and see what is going on here.

l_nix

SleePy,

Hope you have a few min to give me a hand... i've read every post in this thread and attempted all fixes.  The mod works on the default and i have it exactly where i want it, (beside the search field) but with the Padexx theme i am using i can't get it to appear. 

I've attached the index.template.php for you to take a look at... your additional code is in there, less the code that i need to make this work. 

I set up a temp admin account if it is necessary, but PM me if we can't figure it out via the template.index.php file attached.

Thanks for the help... the mod works and look great, good work... it should be a base feature for SMF.

Best,
l_nix

SleePy

Advertisement: