News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)

Started by Daniel Marquard, January 03, 2007, 09:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chep

Quote from: Zenigata on February 13, 2007, 06:19:34 PM
Hi, does it works with 1.1.2?

Thanks

Works for me. I use the Black Rain theme so I had to modify the youtube.gif with a white background. Otherwise it looked weird. Steal it if someone needs it...

webmistress

I was not able to make this work on my forum. I have classic and there is no modifications.english.php file.  

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: webmistress on February 13, 2007, 09:46:22 PM
I was not able to make this work on my forum. I have classic and there is no modifications.english.php file. 

My mod should make changes to only the default theme's Modifications.english.php file.  As long as your custom theme lacks this file, it should function as intended.

webmistress

I'll try again. I kept getting a blank screen. By the way, the files are .wmv files. Do these work with the youtube tags? And I have to put in http:// because the file is not located on the same host file system.  

Sinan-Trr

Help Me It Shows Black:
hxxp:turk.hotserv.dk/index.php?topic=19.0 [nonactive]
I dont Know Why I Have The Icon That Allows To "Look" Youtube Clips...

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: Sinan-Trr on February 14, 2007, 09:53:48 AM
Help Me It Shows Black:
http://turk.hotserv.dk/index.php?topic=19.0

Guests can't access that topic.

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: webmistress on February 14, 2007, 09:23:09 AM
I'll try again. I kept getting a blank screen. By the way, the files are .wmv files. Do these work with the youtube tags? And I have to put in http:// because the file is not located on the same host file system. 

Uh, if the movie file is hosted on YouTube, it shouldn't matter.  Just in case you don't know, you have to upload the video to YouTube first before embedding it in the post.

Sinan-Trr

Quote from: Marlon on February 14, 2007, 01:04:30 PM
Quote from: Sinan-Trr on February 14, 2007, 09:53:48 AM
Help Me It Shows Black:

now u can :-)
Guests can't access that topic.

webmistress

Thank you Marlon. THere is actually more about you tube than I realized. I guess I need to tackle that part first.

By the way, you were very polite in your answer. It's appreciated.

DreamSinger

Hi, first thank you for this mod. I'm really excited about its possibilities.

I installed it through smf package manager, and it seems to work okay in IE7, although I did notice when loading my pages I see the $txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; text in the upper left hand corner. But my background is black, so the text gets hidden as soon as the color loads.

In Firefox, of which I have the latest edition, for some reason the video freezes. It appears, but you can't click on it to make it play.

My theme apparently doesn't have the post.template.php file, only my default theme does.

Any help in this would be greated appreciated. I've read through this entire thread, and my head is spinning, but I do want to understand what I can do to make this work.

Also, I can't preview the post in either browsers, but I can save it, and then the video will appear. When I try to preview it just goes into "fetching" mode, and the bar at the bottom of my screen says "Done", but nothing else happens.

Thank you for your help!

[EDIT] I took down the attachment for the modifications.english.php, because I finally got it working. Two files were overwritten correctly, I think, but the modifications file just needed to have the code placed before the closure and not after. That took care of the code at the top of the page plus my Preview function started working again (after I had discovered that it didn't work for the video post or my regular posts before)

But it still doesn't work in my Firefox brower and in IE7, I need to click on the arrow twice to get it to work, and when I do it opens a new window to the YouTube site, as well as loads it in my post.

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: Sinan-Trr on February 14, 2007, 01:27:34 PM

Thanks.  Would you mind posting the contents of that post for me?

DreamSinger

Marlon, I went looking through my files and I found quite a few files that have been renamed with a ~at the end. Not only the files that were supposed to be modified but others i wouldn't have thought would have been affected.

In the default/languages folder there are duplicate files and the ~ on one of each duplicate for modsettings.english.php, manageboards.english.php, login.spanish.php, login.german.php,  login.english.php, login.dutch.php, index.spanish.php, index.german.php, index.english.php, index.dutch.php, errors.spanish.php, errors.german.php, errors.english.php, errors.dutch.php.

In the sources folder there's a bunch more.

Are these duplicates with the ~ ? Can they be deleted or what do I do with them?

Sinan-Trr

Quote from: Marlon on February 14, 2007, 10:31:59 PM
Quote from: Sinan-Trr on February 14, 2007, 01:27:34 PM

Thanks.  Would you mind posting the contents of that post for me?

[youtube=425,350]hxxp:www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8rO4AslIAQ [nonactive][/youtube]

DreamSinger

Quotehttp://turk.hotserv.dk/index.php?topic=19.0

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8rO4AslIAQ[/youtube]

Try entering only the last part of the URL c8rO4AslIAQ beteen the youtube codes.

Sinan-Trr

Quote from: DreamSinger on February 15, 2007, 08:38:49 AM
Quotehxxp:turk.hotserv.dk/index.php?topic=19.0 [nonactive]

[youtube=425,350]hxxp:www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8rO4AslIAQ [nonactive][/youtube]

Try entering only the last part of the URL c8rO4AslIAQ beteen the youtube codes.

It Worked Alot Of Thanks :-)
Cant Say In Words :-)

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: DreamSinger on February 15, 2007, 12:25:13 AM
Marlon, I went looking through my files and I found quite a few files that have been renamed with a ~at the end. Not only the files that were supposed to be modified but others i wouldn't have thought would have been affected.

In the default/languages folder there are duplicate files and the ~ on one of each duplicate for modsettings.english.php, manageboards.english.php, login.spanish.php, login.german.php,  login.english.php, login.dutch.php, index.spanish.php, index.german.php, index.english.php, index.dutch.php, errors.spanish.php, errors.german.php, errors.english.php, errors.dutch.php.

In the sources folder there's a bunch more.

Are these duplicates with the ~ ? Can they be deleted or what do I do with them?

Yes, they are your previous file versions renamed with a ~.  Removing them at your own discretion should not be an issue.  :)

Daniel Marquard

Just thought I'd inform anyone that doesn't already know...

YES, this mod is in fact compatible with SMF version 1.1.2.  :)

webmistress

This is so cool! It was super easy once I realized it had to be uploaded to the youtube website. So I had to get past major league el stupido naive mode and then it was a piece of cake.

Advertisement: